THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 2 - 2 Next game 10/6 @ Steelers Sunday Night Football

This offensive line has potential, but its been overhyped.
this is true. leary and free
mean.gif

Hardy and McClain looked good as expected. Byron did a good job on Gronk tho. Church is a liability with his tackling, every game he is missing tackles. Damn our offense is terrible tho :smh:

Bye week came right on time, dont know if we can get things turned around but we are getting to that make or break point with the injuries we have.

Next two games- Week 6, 7

Dal - Bye, Giants

Eagles- Giants, Panthers

Giants- Eagles, Cowboys

If the eagles lose week 6 that puts them at 0-3 in the divison. If the Giants lose and lose to Boys in week 7 that puts them at 1-3 in the division. We have the H2H over both. 

Getting the Giants off a bye and the possibility of Dez coming back makes it winnable. 

I say we start Cassell against the Giants. Weeden just isnt seeing the field, and when he does pull the trigger down the field, instead of a check down, it's not a good decision.

After 1 game, I'm already convinced that we need to sign Greg Hardy long term after the season.

Part of the reason is because he's a locker room distraction. It's clear that he's an elite Defensive End, but he also is a knucklehead, he doesn't get that he needs to stay under the radar.

Why on earth would this make me want the Cowboys to sign him to a long term 4-5 year deal?

Because he's a knucklehead, and because of the severity of what he was alleged to have done, a majority of the teams in the NFL want nothing to do with him, at almost any cost. The PR nightmare to them is not worth it.

The many teams who say 'pass' drives down Hardy's price a bunch, whether it is years, or total money, or guaranteed money, Greg Hardy will not get nearly as much as he could/should.

Same reason why Rolando McClain is likely back next year. Solid player, but can't keep himself out of trouble. So his salary likely stays under $5mil a year, making him a bargain.

The shock waves that Hardy's impact will have on the defense will be huge.

After 1 game, I'm already convinced that we need to sign Greg Hardy long term after the season.

Part of the reason is because he's a locker room distraction. It's clear that he's an elite Defensive End, but he also is a knucklehead, he doesn't get that he needs to stay under the radar.

Why on earth would this make me want the Cowboys to sign him to a long term 4-5 year deal?

Because he's a knucklehead, and because of the severity of what he was alleged to have done, a majority of the teams in the NFL want nothing to do with him, at almost any cost. The PR nightmare to them is not worth it.

The many teams who say 'pass' drives down Hardy's price a bunch, whether it is years, or total money, or guaranteed money, Greg Hardy will not get nearly as much as he could/should.

Same reason why Rolando McClain is likely back next year. Solid player, but can't keep himself out of trouble. So his salary likely stays under $5mil a year, making him a bargain.

The shock waves that Hardy's impact will have on the defense will be huge.

Agreed.

He needs to make more bone head comments to drive his price down :lol:

The 2 division games coming up are must wins. Especially the Giants one. Ain't no way around it...

Offense looking really predictable... Linehan needs to adjust his gameplan bc you can't consistently run for a yard or 2 on first, do the same on 2nd or throw a dinky screen, then set yourself up for multiple 3rd and longs and think Weeden or the mediocore receivers are gonna bail you out

Leary lost his starting spot to La'el Collins..

Michael may start at RB. They are still mulling that over.

Last edited:

In addition to Cassell starting, I mean he has got to be better than Weeden. Weeden don't have good touch on the football and lacks accuracy when throwing over 20 yards. I hope Jerry see's what Hasselback is doin in Indy, and is now valuing a good/decent backup QB.

Need to draft a decent QB and RB within the next 2 drafts to secure the future of this team without Romo. Aaron Rodgers rode the bench for years behind Farve before he took over in Greenbay, so a young stud QB should be under Romo tutlage immediately following this season.

Hopefully Cassell is less timid then Weeden when making the deep throws on the edges and seeing the field, but is anyone worried about his continuity with these wr's and familiarity with the offense? The middle of the field will still be clogged and they will still see 8 and 9 man fronts without Dez

Michael doesn't have to start but they need to get him a lot more carriers and see if he can spark the run game. McFadden is damn near useless and randle is not a starting RB, he is great for a back up change of back style running.

Only thing we know is Dunbar is a solid backup and is a monster as a pass catching back :frown:

Everything else is a game by game mystery. That typically sucks for us.

Gotta find a guy in front of Dunbar for next season.

Last edited:
I'm still believing folks. We got this. I feel like we are more desperate than the Giants. I know we can steal a win from them. This is our year. Cassel gon' hold the fort till Romo Gawd comes back. Mark my words. :smokin

Dez practiced today, but im doubtful that means anything...

I think that means a lot considering there is another full week before the game. He wouldn't be practicing this early before the game otherwise.

Edit: I just saw online that he didn't actually practice, he just came out for conditioning work, that's different.

Last edited:
Cowboys need to blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz Eli. No reason to worry about the running game, Giants are bottom 5 rushing offense. Keep sending extra guys at him. I don't think they have any chance of stopping Hardy without a double team. Which opens it up for somebody to always get into his face, if we send another guy. Get pressure on Eli on every play, and they will fold, and he will make mistakes.

Last edited:
Cowboys need to blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz Eli. No reason to worry about the running game, Giants are bottom 5 rushing offense. Keep sending extra guys at him. I don't think they have any chance of stopping Hardy without a double team. Which opens it up for somebody to always get into his face, if we send another guy. Get pressure on Eli on every play, and they will fold, and he will make mistakes.
I expect to see that very thing "BLITZ!!!" all game long. This is a defining game coming up...

Rod Marinelli doesn't blitz, he'll rush 3 men in a prevent defense so that his 3 linemen will be worn out my the 2md half of the game again.

Back
Top Bottom