The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

What's the point of an early release if it's backordered to a month later? Footlocker needs to get its act together.

^My order already shipped from Adidas.com

I always try to order from them. Always good service and fast shipping

My size popped up on Adidas so I jumped on it. If it's a marketing decision then it's a baffling one. It ain't an early release when you order it and it ships the day of the actual release.

Either way I'm stoked that I was able to get a pair. Can't wait to try them out.

If it's a marketing decision then it's a baffling one.
my guess is they made a few for release and then take orders to see what the demand is like. i doubt they couldn't get the total production run done in time for the Dec 26th release date. the first i saw anything about these it said a limited release on Dec 26th and a full release later in Jan... we'll probably never know but you know adidas put this thru their metrics to make sure they get the most from this release.  

Just picked these up from Foot Locker. Same as Jeff, tried on both TTS and half size down, could've gone either way but went TTS. I was on the fence between going half size down but half size down is a tad narrow, the bootie hugs/holds your foot a lot better than the Lillard 1's IMO making it seem like heel slippage shouldn't be an issue, and I didn't want to risk the toe jamming I experienced in the Lillard 1's by sizing down. I'd say stick with whatever size you got in the Lillard 1 if you liked the length/width of it.

Wish these were in store for me in MN -- probably will go w/ my gut and do the .5 down with a narrow foot.  The build/materials/everything on these just looks amazing.

Just got my pair in. Quality is great. Went tts but I could see narrow footers going half down on these. Foot lock down is much improved. It was a struggle to get my feet in these. So I'm guessing the built up booty is what's helping with heel slip.

Bounce is not noticeable. So to me cushioning feels about the same as the DL1. But for the materials and quality build I can't complain. I really like this shoe.

Played last night for a few hours. Had a little bit of heel slippage but wasn't anything that prevented me from moving how I wanted. Hoping it's like the 1's where the fit gets better the more you wear them. Glad I went TTS though because I definitely would have ran into the same toe jamming issue that happened in the 1's going half size down. Traction was weird/interesting? Dust is a problem and I would feel very slight slipping when walking around but stuck when making cuts and stuff. Kind of hard to explain.

I could feel the Bounce, had to make sure by removing the thicker insoles. Funny when they use the thin insoles I(we) complain but I could throw thin insoles in there because the Bounce is nice. Shoe is similar to the Lebron 12 lows, bootie/comfort. Not a fan of the Rip City colorway but nice layers of different materials. Wonder when these will be on mi adidas.

just got my DL-2 & they look great....along with the shoes there was also an adidas gift coupon in the box, $30 off an order of $100 or more good between Jan 15-24.  

nice touch from adidas 
happy.gif

Just got mine in. 

Definitely made the right decision by going a .5 size down.

Adidas basketball shoes have been running big since the Gil Zero days. 

I am very happy with my purchase. I will probably only wear these casually. 

just got my DL-2 & they look great....along with the shoes there was also an adidas gift coupon in the box, $30 off an order of $100 or more good between Jan 15-24.  

nice touch from adidas :D

I got the same thing. And I felt the same way. Adidas is really earning my business. I saw on insta that the bhms are supposed to release in January. Hoping I can pick those up with that coupon, if they turn out good.

Got mine today too. It's my first pair of Adidas ball shoes ever, been playing in Nike's my whole life, but with the prices going up every damn year, and a closet full of A grade shoes to wear on court, I'm thinking about dialing it back a bit and exploring some other shoes this year. Being a Blazer die-hard this was obvious first choice.

As others said, construction is solid and I'm very impressed by quality of materials considering the $105 retail. Weighed them, and my size 13 is 19 ounces, compared to my size 13 kobe X lows that are 17 ounces--so, not toooo bad. Gonna play in them next week, excited to see how they perform. If they do well, I hope another colorway is available before the $30 coupon expires.

Just got mine yesterday as well. As far as fit goes, I went half size down, and compared to the 1s in .5 size higher, it seems to be pretty similar in length, though maybe a bit more narrow in the heel and midfoot (which is offset by the fact that the upper is more flexible).

I got in a workout w them last night, and I really liked them. I think the bounce cushioning is actually a lot more comfortable than the adiprene in the 1s, but I always take out insoles and wear pretty stiff orthotics, so idk if that makes a difference. These feel more responsive and the midsole is more flexibile on these than the 1s. The cushioning feels dense, supportive and responsive, so I really like it compared to other foam based cushioning like Nike lunarlon (which is softer) or UA charged.

They definitely made big strides fixing the heel slippage issue by making a thicker bootie/sockliner and higher heel counter. The tongue is a lot thicker so if you do want to lace them tighter for lockdown, it doesn't dig into your feet like on the 1s.

Overall no complaints really, other than that the ventilation isn't that great so they can get hot. But it's a solid shoe I felt was more comfortable than other comparable sigs in my rotation, the Kyrie 1s and Curry 1s.

Looks like the took the Lillard 1 off mi adidas. I still had a couple I wanted to make. Hopefully the 2 will have some good options.

Dame wore this new colorway at shootaround this morning in Denver, Adidas basketball tweeted it's the Chinese New Year colorway. Looks pretty good.

Source: 

xplosivejeff xplosivejeff nice review on the Kyrie 2. Would you say you prefer those or the Lillard 2 more? Trying to pick between those two and I want to grab the rip city while I can

I would say cushioning the Lillard wins. Everything else is probably a tie. The Lillards are much more snug imo will be better once they are broken in. Can't beat either pair with those prices.

Last edited:
I would say cushioning the Lillard wins. Everything else is probably a tie. The Lillards are much more snug imo will be better once they are broken in. Can't beat either pair with those prices.
Thanks man -- i tried the kyries on yesterday and I like em for the most part. I like the minimal concept but something tells me to go with the lillards. I'd go for both but slowly trying to curb this habit (I know that's been said a million times)

Back
Top Bottom