The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

^thanks for sharing -- makes multiple reviews now pointing out the traction issues. It is what we had anticipated but still a letdown

Still looking forward to my pair coming in. Hoping I can use them a bit Indoors but wouldn't mind using these outdoors as well. Luckily the price is right

Does the internal sock (bootie) run throughout the shoe or does it stop at the primeknit upper?
Is it a full bootie or not?

after playing in these for a couple weeks on dusty courts the traction is a deal breaker for me getting any more for hoop. everything but the traction is great....  these hold the dust/dirt and even wiping doesn't help. these will now be a shoe for outdoor hoops. it's a damn shame. 
Do you think the outsole will hold up on outdoor courts? 

after playing in these for a couple weeks on dusty courts the traction is a deal breaker for me getting any more for hoop. everything but the traction is great....  these hold the dust/dirt and even wiping doesn't help. these will now be a shoe for outdoor hoops. it's a damn shame. 
See that is something I can't stand.

Most people don't have access to pristine courts and these companies keep designing stuff for pros who only play and practice on perfect courts.  Makes sense for them of course, but leaves a lot to be desired for us.

If I get any Lillard 2's, they'll probably just be shoes I wear to the court and to warm up in.  I've returned and gotten rid of so many shoes because the grip just wasn't good enough.

NW2303 is ecstatic about the Lillard 2!
not sure how many times NW2303 wears a shoe prior to reviewing it.... it's a GREAT shoe the first couple of times you wear them... but if you keep wearing them on dusty courts the grip gets worse and more & more slipping occurs.  check out XplosiveJeff's review above.. "if you play on dusty floors you'll be moonwalking all over".. i agree with Jeff.

it's a GREAT shoe if you play on well kept courts but i don't and i don't want to have to wipe after EVERY play.  i wouldn't discourage anyone from buying these. it just did't work for me. 

Do you think the outsole will hold up on outdoor courts? 
i don't think they will hold up for long on outdoor courts but i'm not gonna wear these indoors & i do like them for hoop so it'll be my outdoor shoe for as long as they last. i'm not complaining, for $105 it was worth the gamble. just wish they soles were as good as the CrazyLight Boost. i've been wearing both the CL Boost & L2  on the same courts, the CL are fine the L2 are not. damn shame cause i like everything about the L2 more EXCEPT the traction. 

Last edited:
Yeah, but the outsole durability is seriously lacking on the CL Boost 2015.  I didn't believe it until I experienced it for myself.  Lots of premature wear from only indoor play.

Same old story.  A shoe that's almost perfect.  And I think we know companies do it on purpose.

Lillard 1 - heel fit, lockdown, thin bootie.  Everything else was pretty good.

Lillard 2 - traction.  Everything else is pretty good.

How many times do we find ourselves saying "Oh I wish shoe A had shoe B's outsole, or if only shoe C had the cushioning of shoe D"?  Makes me appreciate great shoes that much more.

Yeah, but the outsole durability is seriously lacking on the CL Boost 2015.  I didn't believe it until I experienced it for myself.  Lots of premature wear from only indoor play.

Same old story.  A shoe that's almost perfect.  And I think we know companies do it on purpose.

Lillard 1 - heel fit, lockdown, thin bootie.  Everything else was pretty good.

Lillard 2 - traction.  Everything else is pretty good.

How many times do we find ourselves saying "Oh I wish shoe A had shoe B's outsole, or if only shoe C had the cushioning of shoe D"?  Makes me appreciate great shoes that much more.
Yep absolutely . It is annoying . Curry two is pretty close for me . I jump all over ones that work

Kind of got annoying how Nighting is getting wet over the $105 price tag (but truly understandable) but it does sound like a good shoe to at least try out especially if it goes deep down on discount.

I'm glad he's emphasizing the price. Companies gotta start paying attention to all the overpriced **** they drop. I'm going to reserve judgment on traction until I truly experience it myself. Too many different opinions on it. Schwollo and NW seem fine with it, but Jeff and others weren't.

I'll wait for a couple of more reviews (and of course for the shoe to be available), but if the traction is even average, I'm buying this shoe. I love how the shoe looks, and all other aspects seem to be on point except for the traction.

I prefer the away colorway and if I like the shoe as much as I think I will, miAdidas as well. I loved the CL Boost 2015 but the non-durable traction pattern took it out of my rotation. These will replace the CL Boost for me.

I'm so sick of buying overpriced Nike models just because no other brand has matched them performance-wise for a long time. UA is very limited here in Europe, and very expensive too so right now I don't see UA as an option for me, which is a shame.

I'm glad he's emphasizing the price. Companies gotta start paying attention to all the overpriced **** they drop. I'm going to reserve judgment on traction until I truly experience it myself. Too many different opinions on it. Schwollo and NW seem fine with it, but Jeff and others weren't.
Me personally I'd lean towards the latter.  I play on two courts right now and on one of them these may work since it's maintained pretty well.  The other one I know I'd be toast.  I wouldn't get these expecting good traction anyway, so I won't be disappointed.

Me personally I'd lean towards the latter.  I play on two courts right now and on one of them these may work since it's maintained pretty well.  The other one I know I'd be toast.  I wouldn't get these expecting good traction anyway, so I won't be disappointed.

I'll be happy as long as I don't slip too much. Personally I just need the bare minimum I won't fall and I can move traction. I put more premium on cushion and fit and these feel great on that front just trying them on.

I only play indoors but this traction talk has me on edge. Prob will cop bc of price but man, it sounds like if this thing had A1 traction it would have been a godlike shoe..

NW sounds like he liked the shoe a lot due to the performance exceeding expectations from its price point. I think most of us plays on court conditions similar to the 24's which are usually dusty. This shoe doesn't sound very promising if constant wipe is required.

The curry 1 traction sucked on dusty floors when review said "just keep up with your wipes".

Last edited:
Really want to try these, but in the UK, I don't think anybody has them to even try on,I can't even find on any website,

Wanted that home colourway too

I asked Adidas Europe about the away colorway, they told me "nothing planned about this colorway"...

watched a video on cleaning the soles to restore grip... cleaned my L2 & gonna wear them tomorrow & see if it helped.  should have taken a pix of the before & after cleaning..... these soles definitely hold the dirt..... hoping that this does the trick because they are a great shoe & if it takes a weekly cleaning to keep wearing them that's do-able.

How to Clean/Restore Traction

Back
Top Bottom