The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

Whoa, I stopped watching after the toothbrush, tide thing.  Way too much work.  I go all out when I'm going to list some pictures to sell something. I'm talking cotton swabs and tweezers to clean the dirt.

But for playing purposes the most I'll do is take a cleaning wipe to the outsole or get a paper towel/rag with warm water.

Shot around in my pair. Most definitely half size too big. And I have wide feet. Cushion is firm but springy. Materials feel great. Fit was off since it was too big. Returning mine and ordering the aways when they release half size down.

Traction was terrible at a really dusty court. But I think it would've been bad for anything. It felt like sawdust. I don't even know how it got that bad. It was phenomenal when I moved to a different gym. I don't foresee any traction problems.

Buddy sent me the Chinese New Year CW of the lillard 2s. Not a fan of the color way, but the shoe is pretty impressive. It's has everything I look for... Lockdown, comfort, responsiveness. I feel like they corrected all the issues of the lillard 1s. They remind me of my favorite ball shoe of all time, which is the Kobe 5. Bounce tech is awesome.

As far as traction, which everyone seems to be concerned with... It's perfect of a well kept court. Dusty Courts, you will more than likely have a sad day playing ball unless you're just a spot up shooter.

I also went a half size down from my lillard 1s.

These are significantly better than my kyrie 2s, which i do like. I just wish they had some fore foot response.

cleaned my L2 & gonna wear them tomorrow & see if it helped.  
cleaning the soles didn't help. these are now my outdoor shoe.

i loved everything else about them.... if you play on clean courts you will love these shoes. if you play on dusty courts i hope you have better luck with them than i did.

cleaning the soles didn't help. these are now my outdoor shoe.

i loved everything else about them.... if you play on clean courts you will love these shoes. if you play on dusty courts i hope you have better luck with them than i did.

That sucks, thanks for the info :smh:

How is the upper on the CNY colorway? Is it synthetic leather? Do you think it is better than the upper of the aways and homes?

Ordered the yotm for $75. Can't wait till they come in. Rip city is going back since its too big.

ah nice. They didn't send me one when I ordered :frown: :smh:

I did get a $25 one for a cancelled order though. Probably wait until they are discounted to get them. Will use it on the Away pair in Feb.

Last edited:
Nice, so they let discount codes go through on them.

The best I can do is that 15% for signing up on emails, but even that takes them down to $90.  Can't decide on Rip City or Aways.

Not for me. They don't have that jacquard upper or whatever do they?

Even if they did, I like the other color schemes better.  One pair should be enough thanks to that lackluster traction.

CNY is my favorite colorway, but think Imma stick to the first 2 since the textile upper is probably more comfortable than synthetic leather

More images of the All Star version

Another-Look-at-The-adidas-Unveils-D-Lillard-2-Aurora-Borealis-Edition-1.jpg

Another-Look-at-The-adidas-Unveils-D-Lillard-2-Aurora-Borealis-Edition-2.jpg

Another-Look-at-The-adidas-Unveils-D-Lillard-2-Aurora-Borealis-Edition-3.jpg

Another-Look-at-The-adidas-Unveils-D-Lillard-2-Aurora-Borealis-Edition-4.jpg

http://weartesters.com/another-look-at-the-adidas-unveils-d-lillard-2-aurora-borealis-edition/

Last edited:
Played in my 2s 5 times now. They are a fantastic shoe. Cushioning is great, feels close to court but still enough cushion to be comfortable. They feel light on the foot, and lockdown is good, especially considering i think i got a half-size too big. I ordered 13, which is my true size, but the shoe is def a bit too long. Width feels close to correct, but I think i'll order my next pair in 12.5 and see how that fits. I'll def be picking up a few more colorways of these. I really wish another colorway would come out before my $25 coupon expires, oh well.

As far as traction, I play on a very clean court and these are perfect in that environment. Not a single slip. I do wipe down my shoes with a sweaty-*** sock every time I finish playing so that probably helps. I did notice, from the cleaning sock, the shoe does pick up a lot of dirt and dust after a couple hours of action--very sticky sole.

There's no way I'd get the All Star Lillards or any shoe with that same outsole design.

I was thinking about how long I've had other shoes, for example the Kobe 8, and how the outsoles are still going strong compared to the 2015 CL Boost, which I've only played in for a short time.  The tread isn't deep enough and the rubber is way too soft.

Back
Top Bottom