THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just some of my own pictures and comparison with my Pioneers.
I like the black box this time around.
20180121_200642.jpg
20180121_200828.jpg
20180121_201138.jpg
20180121_201038.jpg
20180121_200843.jpg
How’d they feel cushioning wise vs the vol 1?

So much more boost. Looks unstable
I doubt the boost is "unlocked" though. My pure boosts (from 2017...burrito tongue) appear to have a thicker amount of boost than my ultras (in the back that is) but the pures feel like trash. Boost seems almost cored out in a way. Very minimal under the actual forefoot itself. I imagine the 2.0s will be kind of the same. I hope not, but I do think that will be the case.

I doubt the boost is "unlocked" though. My pure boosts (from 2017...burrito tongue) appear to have a thicker amount of boost than my ultras (in the back that is) but the pures feel like trash. Boost seems almost cored out in a way. Very minimal under the actual forefoot itself. I imagine the 2.0s will be kind of the same. I hope not, but I do think that will be the case.
So it’s used as containment in a way. Cored out to let your foot sit within it

How do they fit overall? I went a half size down (11.5) for all my Vol 1s from my TTS (12), so would you say to do the same for the Vol 2? Repped for the pics!

Just some of my own pictures and comparison with my Pioneers.
I like the black box this time around.
20180121_200642.jpg
20180121_200828.jpg
20180121_201138.jpg
20180121_201038.jpg
20180121_200843.jpg

I have the same shoes, but I wouldn't say they feel like trash. They're definitely firm and don't have a big Boost-y feeling, but I like them for running 1-2 miles and walking all day. It's kind of a question of what to expect. I got the colorway I wanted on clearance from SNS for like $75 and I wasn't expecting UB level of cushioning. Makes sense since retail for UB is $180-200 and the Pure Boost is what, $140 or so?

In my experience, nothing feels like Ultraboost except for Ultraboost, including the 3-4 Boost basketball models I've tried.

How do they fit overall? I went a half size down (11.5) for all my Vol 1s from my TTS (12), so would you say to do the same for the Vol 2? Repped for the pics!

Heel to mid foot I would say: Secured/snug fit.
Toe area: A little roomier/flexible compared to Vol. 1 toe cap.
I would say go with same size as you did with Vol. 1, but I would recommend trying them on.
I was going to leave with a sz 12, but I tried it on just in case and immediately knew/felt that was it.

I got to use them a lil earlier to do some errands: My initial thoughts are "I'm gonna really like them when I take them to the court."
I really liked how my mid foot felt secured also did not feel any heel slippage at all.
I think how the mid foot cage is constructed
, is what makes my foot feel locked in.

Last edited:
I have the same shoes, but I wouldn't say they feel like trash. They're definitely firm and don't have a big Boost-y feeling, but I like them for running 1-2 miles and walking all day. It's kind of a question of what to expect. I got the colorway I wanted on clearance from SNS for like $75 and I wasn't expecting UB level of cushioning. Makes sense since retail for UB is $180-200 and the Pure Boost is what, $140 or so?

In my experience, nothing feels like Ultraboost except for Ultraboost, including the 3-4 Boost basketball models I've tried.
You're spot on about expectations.

I got yhe triple black colorway the same day the ATB UB 3.0 and the cream (think it was the cream) Yeezy dropped. It was a ton of stuff that dropped that day and i went for the pures because I didn't really like the ATB and I figured I had no shot at any others.

Retail was 160 I believe because of the black boost. It was my second non-bball boost shoes (with the first being an ultra boost) so I was expecting amazing. Did not get that.

I'm looking forward to reviews of the Vol 2s.
  • Is the Boost really thicker and how bouncy is it? CLB 16 are thick and dense with not much bounce. CE 16s are less thick but bouncy. Vol 1s are in between. CE 17s feel like a slightly thicker Vol 1. What are the Vol 2s like? The boost looks thick, but adidas sometimes wraps boost up the sides of their shoes to make the boost look thicker when it actually isn't. I'm guessing we are getting some of that here.
  • How does the traction perform? The Vol 1s worked very well for me. Is this an improvement?
  • Does the lacing system work better than the 1s? Will we get lace pressure with a thinner tongue? Will people get better lockdown and less heel lift (not a problem for me)?
  • Is side to side containment worse without the toe cap on the 1s?

If anyone's interested in the Harden LS in the night life black colorway in a size 10, PM me. Price would be over retail though since they're hard to find nowadays.

Saw these on IG. Harden B/E 2. They look a little more basic than the first version, but I still dig em overall. Hope they will come to the US as I like Bounce over Boost.
So they got rid of the infinity stability plate and replaced it with something similar. Never made sense why the plate went all the way up to your toes so the new one looks better.

Have to believe the Vol. 2s are using this new plate too since you can see the outline of it on the bottom of the shoe.

Got a chance to try them on last night at Finishline. Here are my observations:
- Super plush and comfy. Compared to vol. 1, it has almost double the boost. It might actually be as plush if not more than the Crazy Explosives. I tried on the dame 4s after trying these on and the dames felt like bricks!
- Lockdown is amazing. The bootie really hugs the heel and ankle.
- Tongue is VERY padded and adds to the comfort
- Lacing system was really nice. With all the lace loops, you can lace them up any way you want.
- Runs narrow and long. I normally wear 10.5 but had to go down half size due to the length. But going down a half size made it feel tight on the sides of my feet. Staying at 10.5 left about 1.5-2 inches of space between my toes and the end of the shoe. The material that goes over the forefoot isn't all that stretchy so hopefully that stretches out over time for us wide footers.
- Traction seemed to be great. The floors at finishline line were a bit dirty with salt stains. The shoe had no problem with traction when I tried to do little cuts.
In conclusion, this is definitely better than vol. 1 in my opinion. Super comfy, lightweight, great lockdown and materials seem to be excellent. My only issue is the fit. They seem to run a little too narrow and long for my fat feet. That being said, i'll probably stop by today and cop the size 10 and see if it stretches out over time.

Question to those that have tried on ^ are they as snug and narrow as Dame Lillards?

I would say it fits even more snug. The bootie really gives it a tight sock-like fit.

I have some what of a semi-wide foot and the Lillards were pretty tight. So the Hardens might fit tighter right? I wonder if they will stretch after playing in them? I Really want to play in boost. =\

Back
Top Bottom