THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harden_Vol__2_LS_Shoes_Black_BB7651_01_standard.jpg
Harden_Vol__2_LS_Shoes_Black_BB7651_02_hover_frv.jpg
Harden_Vol__2_LS_Shoes_Grey_B28170_01_standard.jpg
Harden_Vol__2_LS_Shoes_Grey_B28170_02_hover_frv.jpg

MORE PICS ON THE ADIDAS US SITE.

They dont look bad at all. They look good from a fashion standpoint. Which isnt for every body but they look good from some kinda perspective

The trash perspective.

The only good lifestyle shoe I've seen attached to a sig line is those new Westbrooks that look like a carbon copy of Vans.

I know I am a little late, but I was able to get my red Harden Vol. 2's from the Adidas sale last week. I was able to use a $50 gc, so I got them for $25 out of pocket. Throwing in some extra pics of my Vol 2's, so far (I have 11 Vol 1's b/w both regular and LS), and figure it's fitting to show my "I'mma Be A Star" colorways today. I think, or at least hope, Harden has that MVP on lock for the NBA Awards tonight. Thought I would share both versions on the potential award for The Beard.

Attachments

• 20180624_222001.jpg
    20180624_222001.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180624_222118.jpg
    20180624_222118.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180624_222400.jpg
    20180624_222400.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 23
Your buddy got a faulty pair. Nobody I know with these have a traction problem
Quite a few people in this thread have mentioned so-so traction already. Some reviews have had the same issues as well.

Others have also had really good traction out of the box. Safe to say it depends on the person and the court.

The trash perspective.

The only good lifestyle shoe I've seen attached to a sig line is those new Westbrooks that look like a carbon copy of Vans.
What about the harden ls 1s? And high end fashion nowadays is all about weird and wacky. Its exactly what the harden ls 2s are. Ugly, but put on a dumb lookin outfit and they'll work

i've been playing consistently for a couple years at the same junior high school, thursday night in the big gym, and saturday morning in the small gym. both gyms are horrible in the sense that it doesn't get wiped enough and people tread whatever from the outside onto the court because they wear basketball shoes straight from the streets right onto the court. the small gym is even worst because it's also used for junior high dances, and i usually get there early to mop and i've spotted numerous old gum stuck on the floor. so traction is horrible, but not because of the shoe. however, if i am able to find a pair to withstand the crappy on court conditions, that pair is a keeper.

i've also been to my local 24hr fitness gym and the cleaniness on that court is insane!!! traction was superb even on the XXXI!!!

with the vol 2, i found that initially it takes about 1-2 hours for the traction to break in, and after that, traction gets better and better regardless of the court condition

I've noticed some sneaker outsoles feel filmy and a little slick out of the box. It appears to be a mold release. It usually wears off with a little break in or you can do a quick acetone wipe to get most of it off. My red Vol 2s with the grey soles felt a tiny bit slick when I first put them on and then I checked the soles to find they had what looked like some left over mold release from the manufacturing of the shoes. After an acetone wipe that night they were way better the next day at the gym.

Last edited:
Surprisingly the Vol. 2s are a good bit more comfortable than the Vol. 1s, probably due to the Boost not being encapsulated.

More I look at the Concretes...might be the better silohettue.

I've noticed some sneaker outsoles feel filmy and a little slick out of the box. It appears to be a model release. It usually wears off with a little break in or you can do a quick acetone wipe to get most of it off. My red Vol 2s with the grey soles felt a tiny bit slick when I first put them on and then I checked the soles to find they had what looked like some left over mold release from the manufacturing of the shoes. After an acetone wipe that night they were way better the next day at the gym.

i agree, probably manufacturing residue, which i've noticed on numerous models regardless of brand.

Congrats to Harden winning the regular season MVP (he looked like Rick Ross last night - wow). Definitely thinking of picking up the MVP Vol 2s with that 20% off above. I'd rather have an IBAS pair, but the MVPs are a fine consolation prize...

Back
Top Bottom