THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the toe a different color. Harkens back the V1s. Would be cool if we got more GRs like that and they make it a miadidas option.

I'm really excited about trying the Harden Vol 3 this weekend. They fit better than the BYW X and I thought those were the best fitting adidas bball shoes for me. Hopefully, the cushion works for me.

IMG_20181122_234932.jpg
IMG_20181122_234950.jpg
IMG_20181122_235005.jpg

Btw in terms of sizing, I haven't actually balled in them yet bc my Sunday leagues are dirty as hell, but I went 11 in vol 3, and 11 in vol 2. Fits like a glove in my room lol.

For reference I'm 11.5 in Kyrie 4 as the 11 in Nike is usually way too tight for me.

Can't compare to vol 1 bc I was way off on the sizing lol.

So I have a pair of the cosmos (got them with a 20% off coupon from adc), and I think they're my favourite bball shoe ever.

Now I have the chance to get the supernova white ones for 30% off, which would allow me to make them last longer and wear 1 color per foot

Someone talk me out of it...

Its a great look! I might try it myself if these work out for me.

Congrats on the pickup. My favorite adidas hoop shoes right now are the V3s and V2s.

One on each foot for sure. I’ve done that on occasion and it would totally through guys off in games. :rofl:

If you had to pick one to play in, which would you play with?

That’s a hard choice. My V2s are nicely broken and I have a miadidas pair that I’ve had some great games in, so I’m tempted to pick the V2s. That said, as my V3s break in more they are feeling like a slightly better shoe for me in a slightly lighter package. As I get older my body needs very good impact protection but I still want very good responsiveness. I get that in the V2s. I initially was worried the V3 cushioning would be a little light on impact protection. As they break in I would say they are only slightly less than the V2s - maybe 5-10%. Only notice the difference a tiny bit at the end of 2-3 hr runs of full court.

If you live near an Adidas store and looking for the Vol. 3's, you may want to go and check out the savings. My mall/store has 40% off everything. I was holding out on the V3 for a good sale and found the Supernova's in my size. Got 40% off, plus an extra 10% off for being an Adidas "Creator" (having an online account). Came out to $80 total which I think is a pretty good deal right now.

That’s dope. Great price for a great shoe in a nice colorway. Too bad I have no adidas stores near me...

That’s a hard choice. My V2s are nicely broken and I have a miadidas pair that I’ve had some great games in, so I’m tempted to pick the V2s. That said, as my V3s break in more they are feeling like a slightly better shoe for me in a slightly lighter package. As I get older my body needs very good impact protection but I still want very good responsiveness. I get that in the V2s. I initially was worried the V3 cushioning would be a little light on impact protection. As they break in I would say they are only slightly less than the V2s - maybe 5-10%. Only notice the difference a tiny bit at the end of 2-3 hr runs of full court.

Thanks for the insight man! I think I will stick with just trying to stock up Vol 2 because I couldn’t imagine going any lower than the forefoot with the Boost in the Vol 2. It might not be that much difference in feel, but as you mentioned, every ounce and inch counts as you age. After breaking in the Vol 2 they actual sit pretty low in the forefoot for me, which I hope lasts for while.

Scooped up the supernova's from the black friday sales.

Can't wait for them to come in. Went with my usual adidas size 10 (i'm usually a 10.5 in Nikes) and i'm hoping they fit right.

Picked the white/black pair from the Adidas store's 40% off sale....came out to $82.50 after taxes, which isn't bad at all. I have kind of a "like but not love" type of relationship w/ the Vol. 3, and honestly even with this discounted price I don't think that I'm going to keep em.

These looked dope when I went to check them out yesterday. Consensus on them? I need the cushion as my #1 option for a hoop shoe due to my knees.

Back
Top Bottom