THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FTL at Great Lakes, they had em all on the floor.

they also had a random pair of PG 1 in a black/dark grey? with small hints of light blue in 10.5 for $39.99, if it was a solid color way I woulda copped with a VIP reward for $20 :lol:

Man I might have to check em out. That is a trip for me haha

Anyone ever do a graduate program job? It's a 2 year contract with four rotations and you get to learn while at work. They train you so that you can be ready for the real thing. Sounds good but I'm worried about being locked in for two years at a lower pay rate

I have friends who have done this and they got great experience from it. Some weren't paid at all for their first couple of months

My stepback Vol 2 I just got in has some sort of slick film on the outsole. Can definitely confirm not all traction is created equal to start with the Vol 2, my Maroon Ignite colorway didn’t have this slick feeling so these will definitely have to be broken in first. The Boost feels so nice in this new pair, I wish it stayed this thick but I think it is the insole starting off thick and then thinning out after breaking it down.

love my pair, I got a my Jordan size, which is smaller than what I normally wear for ball kicks but these looked huge and heavy so went smaller. fit great and buy god they are tight on your hell and locked in. almost suffocating but they feel great.

surprised to hear the original reviews about the traction being bad, I was shooting around for an hour on an ok court, probably hasn't been redone in a decade and kinda dirty and grip was phenomenal which looking at the outsole I was expecting to slip and what not

like em so far especially $31 :lol: id grab another pair if I had another VIP

love my pair, I got a my Jordan size, which is smaller than what I normally wear for ball kicks but these looked huge and heavy so went smaller. fit great and buy god they are tight on your hell and locked in. almost suffocating but they feel great.

surprised to hear the original reviews about the traction being bad, I was shooting around for an hour on an ok court, probably hasn't been redone in a decade and kinda dirty and grip was phenomenal which looking at the outsole I was expecting to slip and what not

like em so far especially $31 :lol: id grab another pair if I had another VIP

What colorway did you get? I was the same way, I even got the grey outsole and the traction was amazing for me when others said that was the pair traction was bad on. Is this is your first Vol 2?

I had also tried a half size down but they were too tight with the midfoot band and kept cutting off my circulation so I went back to my normal ball shoe size of 9.5 (same for DRose 6 and all my other Nike and BrandBlack kicks) and they fit perfect. Little dead space once broken in but the midfoot and back lockdown is so good it ends up just becoming extra toe space. That’s probably why I like these so much on top of the Boost (when it can be felt lol).

What colorway did you get? I was the same way, I even got the grey outsole and the traction was amazing for me when others said that was the pair traction was bad on. Is this is your first Vol 2?

I had also tried a half size down but they were too tight with the midfoot band and kept cutting off my circulation so I went back to my normal ball shoe size of 9.5 (same for DRose 6 and all my other Nike and BrandBlack kicks) and they fit perfect. Little dead space once broken in but the midfoot and back lockdown is so good it ends up just becoming extra toe space. That’s probably why I like these so much on top of the Boost (when it can be felt lol).

Yes first pair and it def feels like my circulation is being cut off :lol:

Yes first pair and it def feels like my circulation is being cut off :lol:

I would really recommend trying to break them in and playing them so that you at least have the 30 day window to return them if they don’t end up fitting correctly. At first I thought that they were going to break in and feel a little bit better, but they still felt tight even after breaking them in so I swapped for a half up I have found that the customizable lacing system really does help as well if you are feeling like they are too loose in the back end.

Speaking of that, I think I’m definitely going to contact Adidas customer service. The boost in my stepback all blue color way is ridiculous, almost to the point of I could see someone saying it is too bouncy. It never felt like this in my maroon ignite color way, even from the very beginning and I’m wondering if I ran into the same issue that I had with the D Rose 6 where not all boost is created equal. I was worried about this before I bought the Hardens, it looks like my suspicions might be correct. That must be why some people say the boost is really firm while others say it is really bouncy.

The stepback are more soft than firm, but a soft firm resulting in them being extremely bouncy and thick. My Maroons, even when first getting them only felt firm and barely any softness in the Boost (really it was more of the insole).

Last edited:
deal dead? they dont come up on google as nearby for $49.99, actually guy never scanned my code because he had an issue getting it to scan and manually did something

my code still live woulda copped another pair

deal dead? they dont come up on google as nearby for $49.99, actually guy never scanned my code because he had an issue getting it to scan and manually did something

my code still live woulda copped another pair

If you find out let me know bro

I got a code also I want to use , may have you grab me a pair haha i could send my code

Last night's shoes vs. the Bucks. They looked better on TV from far away. Love the lateral side of the shoe but the medial side with the white rectangle throws everything off. Should be black. I think the TPU strip on the lateral side should be black too. Normally I hate the zebra pattern PK but this black/white knit looks pretty good.
sneakers-of-james-harden-of-the-houston-rockets-on-january-9-2019-at-picture-id1079901678

james-harden-of-the-houston-rockets-steps-back-for-a-three-point-shot-picture-id1079940160

james-harden-of-the-houston-rockets-dribbles-the-ball-defended-by-picture-id1079940140

james-harden-of-the-houston-rockets-takes-a-three-point-shot-defended-picture-id1079940126

james-harden-of-the-houston-rockets-drives-to-the-basket-defended-by-picture-id1079939968

I would really recommend trying to break them in and playing them so that you at least have the 30 day window to return them if they don’t end up fitting correctly. At first I thought that they were going to break in and feel a little bit better, but they still felt tight even after breaking them in so I swapped for a half up I have found that the customizable lacing system really does help as well if you are feeling like they are too loose in the back end.

Speaking of that, I think I’m definitely going to contact Adidas customer service. The boost in my stepback all blue color way is ridiculous, almost to the point of I could see someone saying it is too bouncy. It never felt like this in my maroon ignite color way, even from the very beginning and I’m wondering if I ran into the same issue that I had with the D Rose 6 where not all boost is created equal. I was worried about this before I bought the Hardens, it looks like my suspicions might be correct. That must be why some people say the boost is really firm while others say it is really bouncy.

The stepback are more soft than firm, but a soft firm resulting in them being extremely bouncy and thick. My Maroons, even when first getting them only felt firm and barely any softness in the Boost (really it was more of the insole).

Your stepbacks sound closer to my pairs of the 2s while the maroons sound terrible. This is disappointing to hear since you and I have talked in the past about the inconsistencies with the earlier boost basketball shoes like the Rose 6. I've had a few pairs of the Vol 1s, 2s, and now 3s and the boost has been very consistent in each model across multiple pairs. Sucks you're not having the same experience and you continue to have a subpar experience with basketball boost. Are you going to keep either pair?

Thanks si3n4 si3n4 , I appreciate your responses and help walking through this Boost thing lol! I went to adidas customer service site and they said no returns on worn footwear. I got my Maroons from Hibber Sports so I will check with them also. If adidas let’s me return them I will. I still love them, everything is great and I wouldn’t have even thought of the Boost being problem until I got these new ones. It made me think about how some people say it’s firm and you can’t feel it (like Nightwing and AnotherPair), while others say it’s really bouncy, so I knew something had to be up. The thing is, I never thought anything was wrong but my body feels great the next day and I am not sore so the Boost is working, I just can’t feel it in the Maroons.

I will play in my Stepbacks tonight and have an update but doing some slight runs and jumps the Boost is definitely different, it feels more like it propels you forward and bounces you. I know the insole starts off thick and gets thinner as you break the shoe in more, but this feels thick insole plus something thick and bouncy underneath it; my Maroons just felt thick but hardly soft.

I would like to buy more pairs of the Vol 2 at these prices (and if they all felt like this) but will wait until after breaking in these Stepbacks before moving further. One thing I noticed: when removing the insole of the Stepbacks you couldn’t see any Boost pellets in the cloth strobel, but in the Maroons it looks the Boost pellets are peeking through the cloth strobel. Maybe it just requires break in, but I thought my Maroons always had the Boost pellet imprints when they were brand new.

EDIT: So it looks like Hibbet said I can return them by mail and submit a return as defective since it is within 60 days. Hopefully I can get a refund and purchase another pair while they’re on sale.

Last edited:
If you find out let me know bro

I got a code also I want to use , may have you grab me a pair haha i could send my code

Won’t have time to go out anywhere got a lot going on, kinda want California dreaming

Wonder when the sale is done, might call up but my FTL got lazy employees

Played in my 3s for the first time and it was in the middle of a game so it's hard to really judge. I don't really have any complaints so far but the boost is very foreign to me as it is my first boost shoe ever. I don't really know how to describe how it feels

Played in my 3s for the first time and it was in the middle of a game so it's hard to really judge. I don't really have any complaints so far but the boost is very foreign to me as it is my first boost shoe ever. I don't really know how to describe how it feels

From the good experiences I have had with Boost you KNOW it’s there. It just feels like a thick slab of marshmallow underfoot and really how you would expect it to feel based on how it looks (at least imo). I know the Vol 3 is supposed to be slightly thinner than the Vol 2 so I couldn’t tell you that much, but based on this Vol 2 I have that’s how it feels to me (the good pair, not the one I think is defective).

Last edited:
I don’t like the shoe in general

Look basic as ****
These were my thoughts when they first released. I went ahead and copped the Cosmos pair anyway because of the good performance reviews. I wear Hardens strictly for ball and they feel amazing on foot. The look has grown on me but I definitely thought they were too basic at first.

From the good experiences I have had with Boost you KNOW it’s there. It just feels like a thick slab of marshmallow underfoot and really how you would expect it to feel based on how it looks (at least imo). I know the Vol 3 is supposed to be slightly thinner than the Vol 2 so I couldn’t tell you that much, but based on this Vol 2 I have that’s how it feels to me (the good pair, not the one I think is defective).

Its really soft as I'm sinking into it. However I'm not so sure I'm feeling any bounce back/"energy return" from the boost. It's not like a zoom bag that propels you back up. Idk if it's because the forefoot is too thin but I'll keep using them because everything else on point

Back
Top Bottom