THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kg21 kg21 ...10th overall and 4th in guards with the record setting season he is having and he still isn't close to #1 in guards let alone the league and u are loling at my statement

He is known for travelling, flopping and shooting 20 fts to get his points and his only fans are houston fans. But on the positive side his sig shoe has always been a top performer imo
That’s because casual fans don’t watch all his games. Dudes a monster and deserves more respect. Casuals always start with “he only flops and shoots free throws”. He doesn’t flop anymore than Lebron, or any other superstar does and the free throw narrative is lazy... take away his free throws and he’d still lead the league in points.

Lol, he's tenth overall and fourth among guards: http://www.nba.com/article/2019/01/17/all-star-voting-2019-third-returns-official-release

The @adidasHoops account on Twitter does a lot of RTs and stuff for when he has big games but it has very little visibility to the masses. The basketball division's marketing budget is minuscule compared to Originals so promoting anything with $ is not really a possibility. Plus promoting content takes time, you need to plan and execute and it's a long process, there isn't a switch you can just flip.

In regards to your question, I'll be honest and say I didn't have much exposure to product insight. I do know that a laceless shoe was in development for the V2 but for whatever reason was delayed until the N3XT L3V3L that released late 2018. They also debuted Lightstrike on the N3XT L3V3L (I hate typing that out) so adiHoops got to debut two new technologies/innovations. I would say innovation is there, especially with the Brooklyn Creator Farm appearing to lean towards designing hoops and Originals shoes, but the education/spreading awareness of the technologies to the masses just isn't there because of the limited marketing budget.

Thanks. I knew quite a bit about the Brooklyn Creator Farm, N3XT L3V3L in addition to the lightstrike cushioning. What I don’t get is why innovate and create for a segment of the company that your not going to even market or that’s not bringing you major money in. But alas I’m gonna leave it alone for now. Adidas just doesn’t have it together. I personally feel like they’ll have a $100 (number is for simplicity not reality) marketing budget and only use $50 of the budget and be content with the end result. Leaving budgeted money on the table; It’s just mind boggling from a business model...

JS”

That’s because casual fans don’t watch all his games. Dudes a monster and deserves more respect. Casuals always start with “he only flops and shoots free throws”. He doesn’t flop anymore than Lebron, or any other superstar does and the free throw narrative is lazy... take away his free throws and he’d still lead the league in points.

Great points. I just want to add even if you take away all free throws AND 3 pointers from every player, Harden would still lead the league in scoring. So to say he only scores because of the refs is just outright delusional. Yes, I am a Houston fan, but there is really no denying the historic season since December he's having right now. He's only going out and trying to win games with no Capela or Chris Paul. He's playing lots of minutes each night alongside Austin Rivers, Nené, Jeff Ennis and Kenneth Faried. Is he supposed to NOT shoot? Will he burn out in the playoffs? It's very likely to happen. But if there are people saying he isn't playing out of his mind right now, that's just hating, pure and simple.

I watch every game that is televised and can say yes he does. He travels and flops more than any other superstar. I don't believe your " take away his free throws and he still would lead the lead in points" statement becsuse he is 1 of only 5 players in history with more free throws than field goals made . He harden great.......yes I am not denying that , what I am saying is he is not popular because of his brand of basketball.

Dude shoots 17/38fgs and 5/20 from 3 but cash in 21/25 From the free throw line and he is pumped about a 61pt game against the Knicks lol

Funny how you say dude deserve more respect, there is a reason he doesn't get more respect .....

Great points. I just want to add even if you take away all free throws AND 3 pointers from every player, Harden would still lead the league in scoring. So to say he only scores because of the refs is just outright delusional. Yes, I am a Houston fan, but there is really no denying the historic season since December he's having right now. He's only going out and trying to win games with no Capela or Chris Paul. He's playing lots of minutes each night alongside Austin Rivers, Nené, Jeff Ennis and Kenneth Faried. Is he supposed to NOT shoot? Will he burn out in the playoffs? It's very likely to happen. But if there are people saying he isn't playing out of his mind right now, that's just hating, pure and simple.
As I said in my original post.......houston fans

I watch every game that is televised and can say yes he does. He travels and flops more than any other superstar. I don't believe your " take away his free throws and he still would lead the lead in points" statement becsuse he is 1 of only 5 players in history with more free throws than field goals made . He harden great.......yes I am not denying that , what I am saying is he is not popular because of his brand of basketball.

Dude shoots 17/38fgs and 5/20 from 3 but cash in 21/25 From the free throw line and he is pumped about a 61pt game against the Knicks lol

Funny how you say dude deserve more respect, there is a reason he doesn't get more respect .....
You don't have to believe any of my statements... just look up the stats buddy and then get back to me. You can have any opinion you want but something tells me, he's been torching your favorite team for years and you're just salty now lol. Its all good tho, Harden Haters tears are delicious :smile:

So I know people love the Vol3, and I haven’t played in them....

I just can’t get enough of the Vol 2 man. Just got my Black Red Pioneers in and man these shoes are just amazing. This is my 2nd pair and I plan on just selling as many kicks as I can while these are still going for 49.99 and there are still my sizes left.

It’s hard to think I’ll just wait around for the Vol 3 to drop to the same prices because I just don’t know if I’ll like the Vol 3 like the Vol 2 since it has less Boost...
I absolutely LOVE the V2s. I couldn't imagine a better basketball shoe. That was until I put on a pair of V3s.

You don't have to believe any of my statements... just look up the stats buddy and then get back to me. You can have any opinion you want but something tells me, he's been torching your favorite team for years and you're just salty now lol. Its all good tho, Harden Haters tears are delicious :smile:
Typical ......no he hasn't been torching my favorite team because have no team, I am a fan of basketball and players...I follow them all, not a specific team.

But by torching do u mean going 2-11 against the warriors? Maybe the year before when he set the record for most turnovers? Maybe the year before when he gave up against the spurs and went out clubbing after the losing the series in 5 games?

Ooooooh you mean torching like this regular season? Got it

Typical ......no he hasn't been torching my favorite team because have no team, I am a fan of basketball and players...I follow them all, not a specific team.

But by torching do u mean going 2-11 against the warriors? Maybe the year before when he set the record for most turnovers? Maybe the year before when he gave up against the spurs and went out clubbing after the losing the series in 5 games?

Lmao you’re really cherry picking bad performances. Haters gonna hate, I guess? Let that man live his life, he’s doing some legendary **** right now and you’re acting really salty on a tennis shoe message board :lol:

kg21 kg21 ...10th overall and 4th in guards with the record setting season he is having and he still isn't close to #1 in guards let alone the league and u are loling at my statement

He is known for travelling, flopping and shooting 20 fts to get his points and his only fans are houston fans. But on the positive side his sig shoe has always been a top performer imo
Whether he is a likeable player/person is subjective. adidas felt he was likeable/marketable which is why they gave him $200M.

What's not subjective is this: you stated "NOBODY likes him" yet he got over 2.9M votes. YOU don't like him but you keep arguing as if everyone should dislike him like you do. Why do you have such a problem with people liking him?

The funny thing is, adidas made a video about this and critics/haters like you: https://fr.adforum.com/creative-wor...rs-feat-james-harden-adidas/adidas-basketball

Thanks. I knew quite a bit about the Brooklyn Creator Farm, N3XT L3V3L in addition to the lightstrike cushioning. What I don’t get is why innovate and create for a segment of the company that your not going to even market or that’s not bringing you major money in. But alas I’m gonna leave it alone for now. Adidas just doesn’t have it together. I personally feel like they’ll have a $100 (number is for simplicity not reality) marketing budget and only use $50 of the budget and be content with the end result. Leaving budgeted money on the table; It’s just mind boggling from a business model...

JS”
Easiest way to explain it is like this: adidas is broken up into two halves, the Originals (trefoil logo, Stans, Superstars, NMDs, EQT, etc.) division and the Sports Performance (badge of sport logo, Ultraboost, Harden, adizero/Freak football cleats, Predator/COPA/Nemesis soccer cleats, etc.) division. The Originals division makes more money for the adidas Group so they put more marketing behind it but the innovation and new tech is for the true athletes in the sports division.

The biggest problem they have is an identity crisis. On one hand, they're a lifestyle brand and on the other, they think they're a serious sports performance brand. The public doesn't take the sports division seriously because their marketing fails to educate the public about their products/tech/innovation or celebrate the athletes. The sports division is like the little brother who says he's good enough but no one believes him cause the older brother (Originals) gets all the accolades and exposure.

Whether he is a likeable player/person is subjective. adidas felt he was likeable/marketable which is why they gave him $200M.

What's not subjective is this: you stated "NOBODY likes him" yet he got over 2.9M votes. YOU don't like him but you keep arguing as if everyone should dislike him like you do. Why do you have such a problem with people liking him?

The funny thing is, adidas made a video about this and critics/haters like you: https://fr.adforum.com/creative-wor...rs-feat-james-harden-adidas/adidas-basketball

Man I loved that commercial when it came out.

JS”

Man I loved that commercial when it came out.

JS”
What most people don't know is that that video isn't a video about the Harden Vol. 1, even though it's in the video for a few seconds and he's wearing it throughout. The video was for a brand campaign, and just happened to feature Harden and the V1. TV commercials are so expensive, it just doesn't make sense to make and buy a commercial for a single shoe/product (that video's main message is "Here to Create", which is adidas current slogan/mantra).

That's why when you see Nike TV commercials, it's usually multi-athlete, multi-sport and there's little to no emphasis on product ("It's only crazy until you do it - just do it").

Bro your the only one crying about not liking him and you sound ignorant cherry picking his failures. Don’t get me started, I can cherry pick failures from every single superstar. Take your L and ****

1779243B-B94A-409E-8D29-F3C70F6C794A.jpeg

https://sneakerbardetroit.com/adidas-harden-vol-3-ee9598-release-date/

If the actual Thunder and Rockets logo could be used, I might be in. Wonder if these are the All Stars.

Patiently waiting on those 90s Rockets uniform inspired pairs posted a few pages back. And a 50% off on the Drew Leagues.

be3.png
hv4.png

HARDEN VOL 4 NO BOOST!!! WHAT IN THE F****

Uses LIGHTSTRIKE FOAM instead.
anyone seen any more info?
This light strike stuff better be the truth because I love the boost in the Hardens. One of the best on court lines I've worn in some time personally. Maybe somebody with the next levels can speak on light strike foam.

be3.png
hv4.png

HARDEN VOL 4 NO BOOST!!! WHAT IN THE F****

Uses LIGHTSTRIKE FOAM instead.
anyone seen any more info?

Wow....from the reviews on Lightstrike on the N3XT L3V3L the cushioning is very nice. Harden was seen practicing in them so if this holds up being true maybe he gave the green light on it. Wonder if they’ll move away from boost in basketball....

JS”

My buddy returned the 3’s, said heel trouble. Clunky like the 2’s. Anyone else experience that. The heel piece is so wide and tall.

My buddy returned the 3’s, said heel trouble. Clunky like the 2’s. Anyone else experience that. The heel piece is so wide and tall.

No I did not feel that way, shoe was not clunky in anyway for me but I have a skinny ankle and foot

I too have not had that problem. I think the shoes are great. The exaggerated heel tab breaks in quickly I don't notice it at all while playing.

Back
Top Bottom