The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably will hold them for a restock later on down the line.
seems like a pretty stupid way to do it tho, so they're gonna pay to ship them from factory in china to memphis, memphis to san francisco, and then not sell them in SF just to ship them back to Memphis again, sell them online, and ship them again to the customers across the country

Why not just sell the shoe where it is and not pay to be shipping it so many extra times?

it's easy to say that when you're not throwing in production numbers. Most of the easy cop jordans were mostly because of high production numbers

yea production number plus high retail are two ways to deter resellers. Nike has been doing this with lots of the most popular jordans recently. Which is why they should raise the price on 1s. They already had a lot more produced this year then 2013 but that 160 price makes even poor resellers buy them. I'm not saying it's a clear solution but it will help.

Last edited:
Yes, but the reference is in regard to the Chinese New Year Ultra Boost, not currency. Casper didn't know at the time of the release what the CNY stood for.  People simply referred to them as CNYs. The irony is that he's Chinese.

Yes, I really didn't know.

But I'm very Americanized. Growing up, i did not respect/appreciate the Chinese culture like I should have, being that half of me was white. You could say i was ashamed.

A damn shame, to be honest. Even my wife, who's full Chinese, is as non-Chinese as you can get. We grew up in Santa Monica so we didn't know how to be Chinese. Our kids don't even know they are Chinese. We don't participate in the Chinese culture like we should. Should have seen the faces of my kids the first time i took them to China town. They were stunned.

I thought CNY was Central New York though! No lie

yea production number plus high retail are two ways to deter resellers. Nike has been doing this with lots of the most popular jordans recently. Which is why they should raise the price on 1s. They already had a lot more produced this year then 2013 but that 160 price makes even poor resellers buy them. I not saying it's a clear solution but it will help.
the problem is tho that if they set the price and production numbers too high the shoes sit so its a complicated process

people constantly confuse tumbled leather with quality

the black panels are just super thick and will loosen with wear

doesn't mean it's bad quality

Tumbled leather looks nice, and I am saying the same thing you are just cause it's tumbled doesn't mean it's great leather and just cause it's smooth leather doesn't mean it's horrible

I for one can't wait til I have my pair in hand and see the quality in person and make my verdict then.

Last edited:
AND SO THE STORY GOES.. I ENTERED 7 RAFFLES ALL TOGETHER AND WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HIT ON ONE FROM AN HOH. I WAITED ON 2 LINES FOR A WRIST BAND JUST TO TRY AND SECURE MY SECOND PAIR AND ENDED UP GETTING IT FROM FLIGHT 23 IN NYC. S/O TO @HipHopSays  WHO HELPED ME A LOT WITH INFO AND WHAT NOT.. MAD KOOL PERSON NEXT TIME YOU GOTTA SAVE ME A SPOT
laugh.gif
ILL DEF TIP YOU; ITS GREAT MEETING DOPE NT'ERS WHO LIVE FOR THE CULTURE! 

AFTER THE LONG WAIT AND RUNNING AROUND I AM INCREDIBLY HAPPY TO HAVE THESE AND IM VERY SATISFIED WITH WHAT THEY DID ON THESE MINUS THE VARIATION FROM PAIR TO PAIR (ONE OF MY PAIRS IS LESS TUMBLED THAN THE OTHER AND CUT LOOKS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT.. FACTORY WORKERS I GUESS).

THIS WAS THE LINE FOR THE WRIST BAND PAIR (AND MY BAND).. THEY TOLD US TO SHOW UP AT 5AM FOR ROLL CALL OR W/E AND LIKE A MORON I DID LOL.. THEY DIDNT START CALLING FOLKS UNTL 1 HOUR BEFORE OPENING.. TOOK ME TWO HOURS AFTER OPENING TO GET MY PAIR-I WAS HAPPY.

I WAS LIKE 452 (THEY SKIPPED-DIDNT DO- 4'S AFTER 100-300)

SCOOPED UP MY TWO PAIRS  
nthat.gif

NOW ONTO THE COMPARISON.. SORRY IF THIS WAS DONE ALREADY AND SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.. I FIGURED I SHOULD JUST DO ONE POST INSTEAD OF TWO BACK TO BACK. THIS IS THE 2013 VS THE 2016:

SO THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS IS THE TUMBLED LEATHER AND DEEPER RED.. IN PERSON THE RED IS NOT AS "BAD" AS PPL MADE IT OUT TO BE. PERSONALLY I LIKE IT AND IT DOESNT BOTHER ME AT ALL BUT ITS NO 01 RED. ITS LIKE CRAYON CLASSIC RED IF THAT MAKES SENSE.

DIFFERENCE HERE IS THE TONGUE IS MUUUCH MORE SOFTER THAN WE'VE SEEN ON OTHER PAIRS LIKE SBB'S AND WHAT I WOULD ASSUME CHI I'S TO BE LIKE ALSO THE "R" ON THE NIKE SIGN ON THE 2016 WHICH IS MISSING ON 2013 PAIRS.

ANOTHER DIFFERENCE MOST KNOW ABOUT IS THE WHITE ON THE BACK OF THE TONGUE, THE NUMBERED STAMP WITH AN X AND THE SIZE, THE WHITE INSOLE, AND THE SIZE TAG IS NOT BEHIND THE TONGUE AS YOU SEE ON THE 2013 PAIR

JUST SHOWING THE DIFFERENCE IN RED AROUND THE ANKLE

I DID NOTICE THAT, THOUGH THIS IS SUBTLE, THE EMBOSSED WING LOGO IS A BIT MORE GLOSSY ON THE 2016 PAIR.. NOTHING MAJOR THOUGH.

HERE IS THE HEIGHT DIFFERENCE.. 2013 OBVIOUSLY ON THE RIGHT.

HERE IS THE DIFFERENCE IN LEATHER ON THE HEAL AND ALSO THE DIFFERENCE IN HEAL STITCHING ON THE BACK SPECIALLY ON THE SMALL BOX TAB CONNECTING THE SWOOSH'S (ALSO SEEN ABOVE) 2016 ON THE LEFT.

HERE YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN NIKE CHECK AND RED.. 2013 IS SMOOTH AND 2016 IS TUMBLED WITH HIGHER QUALITY LEATHER IMO.. NIKE CHECKS COULD BE A BIT DIFFERENT BUT NOTHING THAT STOOD OUT TO ME

SOLES HAVE NO REAL DIFFERENCE OTHER THAN COLOR BUT THE 2016 HAS A BIT MORE OF A SHINE TO EM VS THE 2013 PAIR BEING A BIT MORE DULL.. NOTHING MAJOR FOR ME AGAIN 2013 PAIR IS ON TOP

SOMETHING YOUTUBERS MENTIONED IS THE BLACK LEATHER BEING LIKE THE 2013 PAIR.. BIGGEST THING I DISAGREE WITH. THE 2013 LEATHER IS NO WHERE NEAR THE 2016. THE BLACK LEATHER ON THE 2016 BANNED I'S SEEMS TO BE THE EXACT SAME LEATHER (BLACK) THAT WAS USED ON THE SBB'S.. PROB CHI I'S TOO BUT I DONT HAVE THOSE TO KNOW FOR SURE.. I DID A COMPARISON WITH 2013 BLK/RED'S, 2016, AND SBB'S. THE 2016 AND SBB'S HAVE A MORE GRAINY TEXTURE TO EM.. THE 2013 IS MORE SMOOTH OR W/E.

SBB

THE LEATHER ON THE TOE BOX IN COMPARISON TO SBB WHICH PPL HAVE TALKED ABOUT.. IMO, IS NEARLY IDENTICAL.. THERE'S REALLY NOT A DIFFERENCE OTHER THAN THE SBB BEING SOFTER.. I DONT KNOW IF THATS BETTER-GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHO YOURE ASKING. THAT AND THE SBB IS A MORE DULLER TOE BOX THAN BOTH MY 16' PAIRS.

HERE I TRIED TO GET A PIC OF BOTH 2016 PAIRS TO SHOW THAT SOME ARE TUMBLED DEEPLY AND OTHERS ARE NOT.

LOOKING AT MY 16' PAIR AND MY 13' PAIR WAS INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST.. I REALLY PREFER THE 16' PAIR AND THIS IS COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO REALLY WOULD RATHER HAVE A SMOOTH GENUINE LEATHER TYPE OF BANNED I. SO, I HAVE A REAL APPRECIATION FOR THE 2013'S BUT FOR ME, THE 16' REALLY JUST OUTDOES THEM.. THIS IS WHY I'D RATHER LET MY 13' GO OR TRADE EM FOR CHI I'S. CONGRATS TO ALL NT'S THAT WON. THIS IS THE MOST WORK IVE PUT IN FOR A RELEASE IN A LONG TIME.. IT WAS ANNOYING, STRESSFUL, FUN, AND IM GLAD ITS OVER AND HAVE MY PAIRS LOL.. ENJOY YOUR LABOR DAY GUYS..ILL BE STARRING AT THESE ALL WEEKEND!

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE MY MINI REVIEW NT FAM
nthat.gif

they got an online option for me now. They pay me through paypal once the money shows up in my balance. No more Tuesday for me

Only mail here!?

Is it the same pp fees apply or do they add a $10 fee like the mail opt

seems like a pretty stupid way to do it tho, so they're gonna pay to ship them from factory in china to memphis, memphis to san francisco, and then not sell them in SF just to ship them back to Memphis again, sell them online, and ship them again to the customers across the country

Why not just sell the shoe where it is and not pay to be shipping it so many extra times?
That's the only explanation I could think of.  You have any?

the problem is tho that if they set the price and production numbers too high the shoes sit so its a complicated process
Yea that's the part nike needs to figure out. They did a good job with 11s, cement 4s. I feel like everyone that wanted them could've got them if they really tried. Also those didn't sit long. Resell wasn't that much above retail when the market got flooded either. Wish they made more Breds to combat the resell market. This was the worst Jordan release I seen in years. Resellers ate on a shoe that was actually at a lot of places.

Blows my mind because here in SF Chinese-Americans, even mixed, know how to be Chinese 

The city of SF is basically chinese though. Way bigger chinese culture. I initially grew up in La Puente, moved to somewhere in DTLA for 6 months, then to Santa Monica when i was like 9.

It really is about your family upbringing. Most of my chinese family was overseas, and Mom was too busy trying to provide, so we celebrated CNY, but it wasn't extravagant. Got the red envelopes but didn't care for the meaning. Just wanted the cash.

Kid being a kid who now regrets not appreciating it more.

Need a legit check on mine in lc section
Looks authentic to me. I will give you points

Yea that's the part nike needs to figure out. They did a good job with 11s, cement 4s. I feel like everyone that wanted them could've got them if they really tried. Also those didn't sit long. Resell wasn't that much above retail when the market got flooded either. Wish they made more Breds to combat the resell market. This was the worst Jordan release I seen in years. Resellers ate on a shoe that was actually at a lot of places.
I agree with you on your last 2 posts. If Nike really wanted to get these out to the people that actually want them, IMO batch release/restock like they did the LB 11's, 72-10 11's, and WC 4's for example. It will kill at least some resell and Nike will still get their money from over producing. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom