The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also posted this. Looks like the inside of the shoe, anyone know the meaning of the numbers?
Just a guess, October 18, 1984. "Banned" date even though these weren't "Banned".

Edit: Wasn't the date also said in that commercial saying "(Insert date) the NBA threw them out of the game" or something like that.

Last edited:
tumblr_lj1ndiMOh11qaj6h8o1_500.gif

I knew someone was gonna question how do I know or see that. But after looking and seeing SBB a million times, the look of the leather on the toe box and side panel looks super soft and almost spongy.

These look thicker, I could be wrong but if I'm not remember who said it. This leather looks A1

I noticed as I see the liner and toebox pics my feet started getting all restless and tappy lol

What I think is weird is how tumbled the leather is. The OGs weren't like that (I think). This could also just be the frag sample he's posted before.

Last edited:
What I think is weird is how tumbled the leather is. The OGs weren't like that (I think). This could also just be the frag sample he's posted before.

Thought the same but those were exactly like frags

I think they are under the impression as with most kids these days that tumbled leather means high quality and OG.

Thibk these are officially the 2016 Breds and no frags or samples has the OG sizing printed in the inside like that so..

Don't understand why the toebox is tumbled assuming those are legit but as long as it's quality I'll live with that

He also posted this. Looks like the inside of the shoe, anyone know the meaning of the numbers?
View media item 2048330
Just a guess, October 18, 1984. "Banned" date even though these weren't "Banned".

Edit: Wasn't the date also said in that commercial saying "(Insert date) the NBA threw them out of the game" or something like that.

In a 1984 preseason game against the New York Knicks wearing the Black/Red Nike Air Ship. The game was played on October 18, 1984 at Madison Square Garden. It was the 6th preseason game the Bulls had played, and they were going into the game with a 4-1 record. A few days earlier on October 15, 1984, the two teams played each other at Glens Falls, NY some 200 miles north of Madison Square Garden. The NBA notified Nike and/or the Bulls that the black and red sneaker from the October 18 game broke the "uniformity of uniform rule." He would immediately have to stop wearing the colorway on court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom