The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar if not better quality but that toe box looks fake compared to some of the other shots we've seen

Like I said, all at the same time the fake sellers all got these in 2 weeks.

A few real pairs have been pictured and shown.

Even if these have metallic 5 numbers, because they are only 160, theyll go quick. Many passed only because the 5s were $220

No, they won't. For the most part people don't care about I's.

and part of the demand is the resale value. If these were mass produced that would negate that. People didn't even care about the black toes or shadows when they were easy to get.

Nostalgia is overrated when it comes to 16 and 20 year olds. They have absolutely no connection with Jordan or the Jordan I. It's about liking what their peers like.

Last edited:

and part of the demand is the resale value. If these were mass produced that would negate that. People didn't even care about the black toes or shadows when they were easy to get.

Nostalgia is overrated when it comes to 16 and 20 year olds. They have absolutely no connection with Jordan or the Jordan I. It's about liking what their peers like.
that makes sense, I've been a fan since 2003 with the mids

Even if these have metallic 5 numbers, because they are only 160, theyll go quick. Many passed only because the 5s were $220

100%

not only blk toes, and Shadows, but the Royals too. If you really wanted those they weren't hard to get since everyone was after ASG shoes. I for one like its simplicity, and 1s were the first model I thought was dope in middle school. Prolly cuz the AF1 era. I still want those swooshless '02s :x idk why

Last edited:
Quality is on point.
That can apply to anyone, no matter the age group.

people fail to realize that jordan brand pays attention to some of the things we ask for. All the while they will make us pay for it. we are fiends and they have the fix, resellers pushed in on their territory so they are doing away with them with rapid releases(too many releases to focus on to pay a reseller unless you really want the shoe because something new or hotter is coming in a week or two), also raising price points and production numbers (raise the price and production resellers make less on each unit sold and adding more pairs takes away from rarity so no need for going anywhere else but the source). Also a price hike to account for our "needs"

Things ppl cried for

nike branding =price hike
better quality materials and comfort= remastered= price hike
watching idiots paying flight club/resellers hundreds to thousands for a pair= price hike
realizing that we can finance nike to produce greater numbers to sell more shoes= price hike

After seeing fools shell out 300-600 for a 160 dollar shoe why not mass produce it. Look at the dudes doing pre orders for shoes that they have no idea will be limited(aquas bred 12s wc5s metallics) but paying it to" secure" a pair . Nike is selling like drug dealers move out the competition by offering better product and pricing (for example 2013 Breds or 2011 banned 1s from resellers). then flood the market then slowly raise the price because ur hooked and chasing a high. So yea I would mass produce these if i were them and really make some money off of ignorance and sheer thirst. Remember bred 1s have realeased more times than any other retro jordan, like 7 or 8 times. Black cements come in 2nd at 5 retros so we should see NA on those soon.

People who talk about sitting dont know what real sitting is and thats prob due to age. If u were around picking up shoes in the early 2000s or earlier shoes rarely sold out first day they might sell out at select stores but were available almost everywhere(check an old eastbay). Most 89-early 2000 OGs and retros were in stores for months to even a year. sitting for ppl now is not selling out the 1st day. Times have changed but i understand the older dudes that complain because times were way better before the hype. i rather pay 100 for Bred 1s than 160. Thats due to the urgency thats placed on getting a pair right now and willingness to pay a middleman (forget inflation).

Last edited:
Something tells me these are going to be a widely available. Idk what it is I just have that feeling like Nike is going to give us we want this time and not troll us with yet another stupid limited release of these OG Bred 1s.

I can't wait until the date comes and folks are lit cuz they missed, don't let the huge GRs fool u....

Lucky^

I live in a zone 2 area which is pretty slow, according to Sprint and DirectV.

100%

not only blk toes, and Shadows, but the Royals too. If you really wanted those they weren't hard to get since everyone was after ASG shoes. I for one like its simplicity, and 1s were the first model I thought was dope in middle school. Prolly cuz the AF1 era. I still want those swooshless '02s :x idk why

Royals weren't a hard cop? This is news to me.

Like I said earlier, I refuse to lose on these. I'll have every raffle spot in the area hit up, and every website up on RD if the raffles fall through. Plus the mobile. Have my computer room looking like the Enterprise on 9/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom