The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to the guy he told me 220. I'll do it and shoot for the raffle. Hopefully I hit and then I'll sell a pair. Good luck bros.

Heck we paying 220 for other jordans no where near the status of these

I say good move

Dudes were paying 220 or 250 for the champagne cigars.

Yeah I'm going to secure my pair. The shoes are regular price they just want you to grab another pair of Jordan's. Your choice. The cheapest pair is like 60 bucks so it's all good. Something for the gym.

I'd rather just wait for them to release theN pay a extra $100 for it. Same thing happened in the Cement 4 thread. And you see how long those lasted on SNKRS.

Losing money for a youtube shout out? 

I just don't trust FL. Most folks who "seed" Youtubers end up getting exposed.
He's not losing money he's getting his name in front of potentially 500,000 people. That is $160 per pair he gives out for a nice commercial.

He's not losing money he's getting his name in front of potentially 500,000 people. That is $160 per pair he gives out for a nice commercial.

Actually that math doesn't add up,..they're paying a premium for the early pairs from vendor with a Jordan account ... While $160 is retail I'm hard pressed to believe they picked up FSRs at cost from reputable sources.

Actually that math doesn't add up,..they're paying a premium for the early pairs from vendor with a Jordan account ... While $160 is retail I'm hard pressed to believe they picked up FSRs at cost from reputable sources.
 You don't know that he is paying a premium, he very well could be you're right. I know some retailers that just unload their whole stock for (let's use a pair of 1's for an example) $100 per pair just to get rid of all their stock in one fell swoop.

Even if he is paying $200 per pair or even $250 per pair (and he charges them $100 for the black / red 1) then he's paying $100 for a commercial per channel. There are probably 10 YouTuber's that get the discount. So then a lot of people now know his name and go to his site and he can make $300 per pair from people who otherwise would have never known he existed. 

Got mine the other day. Love the quality on these compared to the last release (2013)! Not quite SBB  lvl, but still very nice.

Got mine the other day. Love the quality on these compared to the last release (2013)! Not quite SBB  lvl, but still very nice.
Congrats man! I can't wait to get mine next week. I have a mom and pops store holding my size and they're letting me take em early so at least on RD I'll just have to concentrate on getting a pair for @babyJs23  and @AirSakuragi

you got a SD plug? 
nerd.gif

holla at me

These are way different from the WC4's here. I got 3 or 4 calls on those. I don't even think I have 3 or 4 stores on these. Now online is a different story

Fellow San Diegan, Congrats View media item 2108829View media item 2108830View media item 2108831
Congrats man! I can't wait to get mine next week. I have a mom and pops store holding my size and they're letting me take em early so at least on RD I'll just have to concentrate on getting a pair for @babyJs23
 and @AirSakuragi
900x900px-LL-c281096b_200x200px-ZC-e5140ee4_MJTipsNTHat.gif

you got a SD plug? :nerd:
holla at me

You don't know that he is paying a premium, he very well could be you're right. I know some retailers that just unload their whole stock for (let's use a pair of 1's for an example) $100 per pair just to get rid of all their stock in one fell swoop.

Even if he is paying $200 per pair or even $250 per pair (and he charges them $100 for the black / red 1) then he's paying $100 for a commercial per channel. There are probably 10 YouTuber's that get the discount. So then a lot of people now know his name and go to his site and he can make $300 per pair from people who otherwise would have never known he existed. 

Yeah I know cash out folks who liquidate stock for stores....but this isn't that retro. A) the stores even the footstores profit margin is not that healthy of a slice so give up some of that profit margin before a release date makes no sense and b) even given your premise they are losing money.

Much love to all the San Diegans :smile:

These are TTS, go with your right size. I'm going to be working a gaming trade show next week so I was afraid I'd be unable to cop in Seattle for the breds, so I decided to pay a little extra for some peace of mind. Now I can rock em' in Seattle for PAX.

Yeah I know cash out folks who liquidate stock for stores....but this isn't that retro. A) the stores even the footstores profit margin is not that healthy of a slice so give up some of that profit margin before a release date makes no sense and b) even given your premise they are losing money.
Yes it isn't that retro but I saw it happen with the SBBs of all shoes. Homie paid $120 a piece for their whole stock because the store owner didn't want to bother with it.

The stores pay 50% of MSRP so if the shoe is $160 MSRP the store pays $80 per pair. It's a smart business move because now he has all these little kids and even some adults messing with his site because the YouTubers are vouching for him. You must not know what businesses pay for advertising if you think $100 per YouTuber is an expensive advertisement. 

People will find out about him and not only pre order hyped shoes from him but they will also order regular GRs from him. It's a smart move.

I'm done debating this though, so back to these awesome shoes! 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Some of you guys have it good, the manager who normally hooks me up wants $450, I was like there are preorders cheaper than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom