THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

BAIT Denver is randomly doing 30% off most the store today....Easter. Bummed by that, a little heads up would have been solid.

so, this is my air max day (consolation), one ID & women obsidian...
72cab42dbfadd1a347037abd778251f88366e015.JPG

after this one ended with the ID... (Grrrr again a month of waiting)
AM1ESS_v14.png
AM1ESS_v34.png
AM1ESS_v54.png

I remember Nike had a thing with peta awhile back over the use of certain animals but I guess cattle is still good to go :ohwell:

Edit here’s a link I found real quick

It was over animal skins. Back when they used to get real funky :lol:

https://www.peta.org/blog/victory-nike-cole-haan-ban-exotic-skins/
Okay so elephant leather will never exist on Nikes..... I would like my EP be real elaphant leather.
From Brazil, the largest exporter of beef in the world. It's not like Nike had specific animals killed for the sole purpose of these shoes.
Even if Nike did, why not? As long as animals were slaughtered with minimum pain, that’s good.

Cows probably don’t have less pain than chinchilla upon being slaughtered.

Okay so elephant leather will never exist on Nikes..... I would like my EP be real elaphant leather.

Even if Nike did, why not? As long as animals were slaughtered with minimum pain, that’s good.

Cows probably don’t have less pain than chinchilla upon being slaughtered.

Bro why would they put real elephant leather on a shoe :sick:

Sidetrack note re: Nike and use of Exotics.
for those that like or curious to see, there are youtube vids and news stories of that Mayor guy's collection where he shows off the use of croc and python on AF1s. Don't recall use of furs back then. Interesting.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2009/08/25/the-mayor-of-sneakerdom/
https://sneakernews.com/2011/01/05/nike-air-force-1-made-to-order-pack/
According to sneakernews Mayor has all 14 crocodile leather “made to order” AF1s

That’s great
I’d like crocodile AM90, AM1 & Air Python.

The first. The type of animal doesn't make a difference to me and it's just my opinion. Since it's for purely aesthetic reasons I don't find the use necessary and could have been avoided with synthetic.

Gotcha. Seems like it would have been a challenge to only wear footwear made of synthetics up until a few years ago. Now there are a lot more options, but so much footwear still uses leather.

You guys talking about calfskin you do know that leather is made from cows right?
Also calf=cow albeit a baby

:rofl:

And this right here is the kicker for me! combining the chat in here re: latest two hyped shoes (atmos and Sw)

SW seems like a nice enough guy- cant knock the hustle- any of us would jump at the chance to do what he do.
Winning a rigged comp- not exactly his fault
Reselling your own shoes- not cool but dont hate the playa hate the game
Yet a vegan that wears leather shoes??(not to mention shoes with glue made from dead animals) That's straight ridiculous:rofl::rofl:

Bit the resell bullet locally, prices weren't dipping as I hoped. Quality is bananas. Crossed my fingers and went TTS, tried them on and didn't have an issue. As people have mentioned there's a little extra room in the length due to the lack of heel cushioning, but the width feels narrow like traditional AM1 sizing. I can see how people with narrow feet could size down, but average to wide footers should stay TTS. Glad I can finally move on :lol:

Overall very happy with them :smokin

IMG_9293.JPG

Back
Top Bottom