THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Diggin these platinums

D305AEC7-4B81-459D-8003-7578129E8756.jpeg

received my curries from Mr porter, is it normal that the suede is so much fuzzy? be honest, i dont really like the shape on mine.
Overall i'm disappointed and i'm waiting another pair from Nike HK to compare.
What do you think about this pair?
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

received my curries from Mr porter, is it normal that the suede is so much fuzzy? be honest, i dont really like the shape on mine.
Overall i'm disappointed and i'm waiting another pair from Nike HK to compare.
What do you think about this pair?
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

yes you are right, it's not the best pair i've seen, but you're lucky you are waiting for another pair :wink:

my pair isn't so much fuzzy, suede is nice normally (perso i like used materials, nubuck i like a lot great quality, mesh is nice, suede is normal soft suede and i like too)

my pair for comparison, look suede isn't fuzzy (it's "clean"):
SAM_3795.JPG
SAM_3772.JPG

& for the front...
SAM_3736.JPG

the pair is still much prettier with the laces loosening to the shape of the foot, after in new condition out of the box they have snug fit (I need fine socks, but as i already said it will be perfect after a few days of break-in imo, if i size-up too much space in front & I don't like that)

good luck for your second pair :wink:

Last edited:
yes you are right, it's not the best pair i've seen, but you're lucky you are waiting for another pair :wink:

my pair isn't so much fuzzy, suede is nice normally (perso i like used materials, nubuck i like a lot great quality, mesh is nice, suede is normal soft suede and i like too)

my pair for comparison, look suede isn't fuzzy (it's "clean"):
SAM_3795.JPG
SAM_3772.JPG

& for the front...
SAM_3736.JPG

good luck for your second pair :wink:

Thanks, i keep looking at the pictures posted by other members and i really think that the suede on mine is different, something wrong its really weird.
your pair is very nice, at least i won't complain if my second pair is same as yours. I stopped buying air max for a while due to recent quality issue increase, i just trying this one more time with the curry , probably won't buy anymore air max 1 until nike make it right.

Thanks, i keep looking at the pictures posted by other members and i really think that the suede on mine is different, something wrong its really weird.
your pair is very nice, at least i won't complain if my second pair is same as yours. I stopped buying air max for a while due to recent quality issue increase, i just trying this one more time with the curry , probably won't buy anymore air max 1 until nike make it right.

yes my pair is ok, if we want to quibble just the part of the mudguard under the swoosh is a little bit thin that's all (but it's not big deal), for my part I will do like you now i'm just going to buy the one that I really like a lot as was the case with this dark curry (it's a wise decision and it will save money, anyway it's an endless race... I want to wear my pairs & it would "hurt my heart" seeing them become obsolete in their box without having ever been able to wear them because too many pairs, i like AM1 I like collecting them it's my favorite sneakers since the new shape but my ultimate pleasure is to wear them, I already have pairs for the next 10/12 years lol)

Last edited:
My suede was fraying too. Kinda weird. Small strays in box on paper and on white toebox mesh.

Man, I have absolutely no issue examining my pairs and exchanging them for ideal quality pairs, ESPECIALLY if joints are sitting on shelves.

copped the green curry from notre. thanks for the code back there.

It was hard choosing between the red and green for me but I think the green would get more wears. not a big fan of the OG curry :ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom