THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

In hand...I love GRs
20181221_161229.jpg

now way! haha

i love them. something about the white base and the various colors/paterns that make them pop! of course being a parra collab helps too
No offense but if they were not affiliated with Parra those would sit at outlets for 50 bucks plus an additional 30. There are so many Grs that are way better. Not trying to offend you it's my honest opinion. Amsterdamns are ugly too. Now cherry woods... those I would pay a few hundred for if they had been a more attainable release. I guess if you look at shoes as an art piece you can like them but I just don't think of shoes that way.

No offense but if they were not affiliated with Parra those would sit at outlets for 50 bucks plus an additional 30. There are so many Grs that are way better. Not trying to offend you it's my honest opinion. Amsterdamns are ugly too. Now cherry woods... those I would pay a few hundred for if they had been a more attainable release. I guess if you look at shoes as an art piece you can like them but I just don't think of shoes that way.

No offense taken, because I’m generally in agreement with you. If these were a GR, they would hit discount no doubt.

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m easily swooned by the name attached.

To be clear though, I typically only wear what I like and never really fall for hype (never owned yeezys etc.). I mean most of the clothes I wear have zero branding. I’m a monochromatic minimalist at heart, bland if you will. My favorite label is Aime Leon Dore and I can assure you no one in my local gym in Columbus Ohio has any clue who they are or the costs of these hoodies I’m always rockin.

However, from time to time I fall for it, willingly; bent over, cheeks spread and everything! As an enthusiast, sometimes buying a shoe has more to it than what outfit I’ll be able to put together. The artists history with the AM1 model, the art on the box etc. It’s all about the chase too! I personally love em

No offense taken, because I’m generally in agreement with you. If these were a GR, they would hit discount no doubt.

I’ll be the first to admit, I’m easily swooned by the name attached.

To be clear though, I typically only wear what I like and never really fall for hype (never owned yeezys etc.). I mean most of the clothes I wear have zero branding. I’m a monochromatic minimalist at heart, bland if you will. My favorite label is Aime Leon Dore and I can assure you no one in my local gym in Columbus Ohio has any clue who they are or the costs of these hoodies I’m always rockin.

However, from time to time I fall for it, willingly; bent over, cheeks spread and everything! As an enthusiast, sometimes buying a shoe has more to it than what outfit I’ll be able to put together. The artists history with the AM1 model, the art on the box etc. It’s all about the chase too! I personally love em
I totally hear you man. You don't strike me as a guy that does 3 on foot pics a day :rofl:

It's all personal preference. I've bought probably 30 gr's this year. Big fan of most of them. I've worn Parras more than every one of them combined. I love the color palette and they match damn never anything I wear. I get that you may not like them, and that's fine, but saying this pair or that pair are better is simply personal preference.

I was thinking same thing when I unboxed the obsidians.. They were completely wrapped in tissue paper and for a few seconds I was wondering if they were AF1s since they were so damn heavy!

Love em, but so many great releases this year, don't know when I will get around to wearing these.

I was thinking same thing when I unboxed the obsidians.. They were completely wrapped in tissue paper and for a few seconds I was wondering if they were AF1s since they were so damn heavy!

Love em, but so many great releases this year, don't know when I will get around to wearing these.
Whoa, that's heavy if you mentioned AF1 heavy lol.

even though i still feel like the parra collab could be someones "bad" bespoke, and looked at in a different light, i have had a slight turn on them. not enough to buy them myself, but i can see why people like them.

to say that the parra collab wouldnt be highly regarded if it didnt have the name attached to it...it may be true, but the same thing can be said for almost every other shoe out there. IMO

Last edited:
even though i still feel like the parra collab could be someones "bad" bespoke, and looked at in a different light, i have had a slight turn on them. not enough to buy them myself, but i can see why people like them.

to say that the parra collab wouldnt be highly regarded if it didnt have the name attached to it...it may be true, but the same thing can be said for almost every other shoe out there. IMO

Agreed. You could say this about literally every collab in existence.
Frankly speaking, the "if a GR, it'd sit" argument is played out and quite lazy.

Those obsidian crepes are so damn tempting.. so no shot at them coming to the US?

Got my obsidian crepes from Hanon. No QC issues. Super comfortable. I did go a half size up. Little long, not really noticablen, but width wise is much better.

Back
Top Bottom