THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

FF57927F-3211-435C-9797-5AD7A7D04F5B.jpeg
274913E1-D05F-45D5-B464-05265742DE0D.jpeg 3EC0EE21-EDE5-48AC-9C13-36B1CCBE0DAE.jpeg 182F5838-9159-40C3-9A11-3A7D7857D4D1.jpeg F8B5DA78-DE94-4371-85D4-8BDBCDEC854C.jpeg 3A2F7D54-E92F-4ED9-B83F-2720BBD36143.jpeg 4E5815D3-01E1-4BC0-8B25-150CA9E09B43.jpeg

Wanted to post these up here before IG. Waited a long 5 months but finally got my Bespokes in hand! Inspired by one of my favorite films to drop the year I was born ('95 till infinity). Thought the details came out perfect and can't wait to head over to the lab for another in 2019!

Wow thanks guy really appreciate the responses :emoji_clap: hahah yeah honestly felt like a kid again when I held them in hand definitely breaking them out for the new movie.

Wow thanks guy really appreciate the responses :emoji_clap: hahah yeah honestly felt like a kid again when I held them in hand definitely breaking them out for the new movie.

Dude, this really is phenomenal.
Truly ... WOW

The conceptual execution on both of these is unparalleled.
I'd say most people go into it without a narrative but yours tells the clear Toy Story connection.

Buzz Lightyear pair is mindblowing with the GITD detail too.
I think the only missed opportunity might have been an "ANDY" on the outsole

Dude, this really is phenomenal.
Truly ... WOW

The conceptual execution on both of these is unparalleled.
Most people go into it just throwing materials together but literally at first look you could see the Toy Story connection.

Buzz Lightyear pair is mindblowing with the GITD detail too.
I think the only missed opportunity might have been an "ANDY" on the outsole

Thanks brotha really appreciate the words! And I actually did ask for that on the outsole hahah but they told me I couldn't unfortunately. Compromised and got it in the insoles though
05234730-CFCA-4BB3-8767-19B4746A79C1.jpeg
B2ACEC70-9763-4AD4-A595-FD603E6F0B58.jpeg

Last edited:
I stand corrected. you thought of everything. :nerd:
I want a pair of both really badly now lol.

@dblplay1212 Nipsey3000 Nipsey3000 you need to see this ****.
great job sole ruler sole ruler

glad to see that they let you make reference to so many things involved. the best bespokes are the ones that allow you to tie in other aspects of life, pop culture, brands etc. but they discouracge so much of that, its deflating. then you go home and see what others were allowed to execute and its really a head scratcher. sucks going in with a solid game plan, just to be told that you cant execute.

good to see that they allowed sole ruler sole ruler to use some loose references to the movie.

just a small tidbit of info...

last time i created a peanut butter and jelly theme loosely using the have a nike day theme/logo and they shot it down. that idea had to be modified and turned into my burgundy/navy/gold kevlar bespoke. at a moments notice, your idea can turn into a debate of sorts and you just dont go there for that....so you drop the idea and move fwd with another. but you kind of feel cheated in a sense that you cant execute exactly what you had in mind, even after seeing other creations that were along similar lines.

Last edited:

glad to see that they let you make reference to so many things involved. the best bespokes are the ones that allow you to tie in other aspects of life, pop culture, brands etc. but they discouracge so much of that, its deflating. then you go home and see what others were allowed to execute and its really a head scratcher. sucks going in with a solid game plan, just to be told that you cant execute.

good to see that they allowed sole ruler sole ruler to use some loose references to the movie.

last time i created a peanut butter and jelly theme loosely using the have a nike day theme/logo and they shot it down. that idea had to be modified and turned into my burgundy/navy/gold kevlar bespoke. at a moments notice, your idea can turn into a debate of sorts and you just dont go there for that....so you drop the idea and move fwd with another. but you kind of feel cheated in a sense that you cant execute exactly what you had in mind, even after seeing other creations that were along similar lines.

I feel what you're saying though. I initially walked in with several other ideas but this Toy Story one was definitely on the top of the list but with several tweaks around it. I initially straight up wanted the Space Rangers logo on the tongue lol but was told I couldn't use it and settled for a sort of ball and wings logo (which had to be approved by the head designer via email). I didn't like the look of it and we worked around what we could get away with which was the word Lightyear (since it could've been my nickname, unit of distance etc) and blocked in yellow. The logos on the heel I figured I could get away with just using shapes as they couldn't prevent someone from just using shapes such as circles, ovals, etc. I agree though it can be weird and limiting what they allow. (Was told I couldn't use 2 stitches on the Woody 1s had to be 3 because of Kaws). But big shout-out though to Mao and Dean there who were fantastic and had great insight.

6100B9DD-8AE0-4120-A98C-B7EB55A0BCD8.jpeg

Last edited:

As someone who hasn’t yet pursued a bespoke design but has thought about it: what reasons do they give you for these limitations? I can’t figure out why they’d shoot your idea down unless whatever you’re trying to accomplish is physically impossible. Or maybe if your design infringes on another existing design?

I mean, you’re paying a pretty penny for the opportunity to exercise your imagination. How do they justify shooting you down?

i’ve been interested in bespoke. is it really a one-off that cannot be reproduced by anyone else? does nike even need permission if so? also wondering if the last if different from the standard am1, or is it just the materials?

Last edited:
As someone who hasn’t yet pursued a bespoke design but has thought about it: what reasons do they give you for these limitations? I can’t figure out why they’d shoot your idea down unless whatever you’re trying to accomplish is physically impossible. Or maybe if your design infringes on another existing design?

I mean, you’re paying a pretty penny for the opportunity to exercise your imagination. How do they justify shooting you down?
definitely some kind of copyright infringement. but there have been some designs that have been approved that used other logos etc. one guy on ig did a wonder bread inspired af1 that was executed very well...and imo is one of the best bespokes ever.

my original idea placed the have a nike day face on the body pictured with brown/red colored slices of bread in the hands...i thought i had to finished drawing, but i deleted it.

they stated that they couldnt use it, so i had to go with another idea that ended up being my brownish red kevlar pair. no complaints though, because i honestly think its one of my best pairs.

and yes, mao and dean are great and my statement is not an indictment on them at all. its best to submit your artwork before your appointment and get it approved or denied and go from there.
DZN8yUKW0AEAf_t.jpg PBJv2.jpg

ended up going with this pair...
Screenshot_20181230-114856_Instagram.jpg

i’ve been interested in bespoke. is it really a one-off that cannot be reproduced by anyone else? does nike even need permission if so? also wondering if the last if different from the standard am1, or is it just the materials?
thats correct. but there can be minor differences that separate pairs by 2 different creators. if you get close, they'll let you know.

Last edited:
definitely some kind of copyright infringement. but there have been some designs that have been approved that used other logos etc. one guy on ig did a wonder bread inspired af1 that was executed very well...and imo is one of the best bespokes ever.

my original idea placed the have a nike day face on the body pictured with brown/red colored slices of bread in the hands...i thought i had to finished drawing, but i deleted it.

they stated that they couldnt use it, so i had to go with another idea that ended up being my brownish red kevlar pair. no complaints though, because i honestly think its one of my best pairs.

and yes, mao and dean are great and my statement is not an indictment on them at all. its best to submit your artwork before your appointment and get it approved or denied and go from there.
DZN8yUKW0AEAf_t.jpg PBJv2.jpg

ended up going with this pair...
Screenshot_20181230-114856_Instagram.jpg
These are fire. Would go great with an ASU sun devils sweater

Back
Top Bottom