THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

1581602372216.png

Were these limited or something? I guess I was sleeping when they dropped and now I kind of want them, but I can’t find them for sale anywhere in an 11.5.

Couldn’t even find them on the secondary market period In my size. I guess I’ll just wait it out and see if they pop up.

I agree. In my opinion they make so much more on some of their other sneakers, that they dont care about the S**** product they put out. Especially for ID's.
I wanna say basketball is their biggest market. Funny how they can run monarchs out time after time, but the ones with history? Nope. Their average target buyer dont care enough, I guess.

The more pairs get posted the more I’m talking myself out of ordering. Even though I want to take advantage of the split outsole.

Put in a shoe tree, steamed the toe again, and took a rounded surface to try and get it to curve with the shoe tree. This is probably the best I could do without an iron. I’m not mad at the result.
BB028213-77FA-4585-8D50-E0B027934136.jpeg

A8C48411-E09F-4ADE-BF71-31D9A2C984D1.jpeg
Good job. Looks much much better after reshape.

Put in a shoe tree, steamed the toe again, and took a rounded surface to try and get it to curve with the shoe tree. This is probably the best I could do without an iron. I’m not mad at the result.
BB028213-77FA-4585-8D50-E0B027934136.jpeg

A8C48411-E09F-4ADE-BF71-31D9A2C984D1.jpeg
I knew a reshape would work. Thanks for the example. About to figure out a pair to order. Nice ID by the way

6BC935FB-15BC-4BC9-B9BF-F0919EC9A34B.jpeg

Not to bombard you guys with pics, but here’s the final result after I did both. I don’t think nike changed the mold or anything. I honestly believe there’s just some disconnect at the factory and they’re forgetting a step and just getting the shoes out. Hell, Nike may not even know.

6BC935FB-15BC-4BC9-B9BF-F0919EC9A34B.jpeg

Not to bombard you guys with pics, but here’s the final result after I did both. I don’t think nike changed the mold or anything. I honestly believe there’s just some disconnect at the factory and they’re forgetting a step and just getting the shoes out. Hell, Nike may not even know.

No, the toe boxes are hard as a rock. All the other reshaped am1s toe boxes have softer/flimsy toe boxed.Did the reshape loosen up the toe box at all? Thanks for the tutorial. I will need to give it a shot.

i returned my ids. Ive never did a reshape w a steamer. Sounds like the way to go. I might just order a pair in the color i actually want.

My main problem with ironing was the mesh not contracting and getting a funny shape where the mesh meets the mudguard. Theres a delicate balance of heat, moisture, and timing when reshaping. Your trying to get the mesh to shrink, and the timing of each pass can ruin a shoe. Fast passes at first and checking after each pass helps get a better understanding of how the shoe will take. Also, too much moisture is better than thinking its wet because you hear hissing, so make sure your not using the same part of the towel, by moving it after each pass, and soaking and wringing it lightly when you've used the whole surface of the towel.

Back
Top Bottom