THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

These just came in today just in time to for Air Max month. These are honestly the perfect shoe for me.

1. I've been a fan on the London SBs ever since I was in high school (10+ years ago)

2. The colorway. Dark blue mixed with heather/ darkish Grey is my favorite color combination ever.

3. I love Air Max 1s

20210315_111747.jpg

Can't wait to wear them. Just not sure when. Maybe Air Max day.

Londons are excellent and have become one of my best gets. I bought mine reluctantly from StockX the day before they released for $211 ($240 after shipping/fees/tax). I remember panicking the seller wouldn’t ship because the price jumped significantly after the drop and it took a few days to get a notification. Lowest ask for an 11 on ScamX now is $399. Wore them to my nephew’s wedding with chinos, dress shirt and tie. In my defense, the wedding party wore cowboy hats and boots so I was overdressed 🤣

Londons are excellent and have become one of my best gets. I bought mine reluctantly from StockX the day before they released for $211 ($240 after shipping/fees/tax). I remember panicking the seller wouldn’t ship because the price jumped significantly after the drop and it took a few days to get a notification. Lowest ask for an 11 on ScamX now is $399. Wore them to my nephew’s wedding with chinos, dress shirt and tie. In my defense, the wedding party wore cowboy hats and boots so I was overdressed 🤣
Yea dude I'm still kicking myself for not copping when the price was lower. I think the lowest I saw was about $250 ish. And I kept telling myself "Ahh they'll go lower". Well they just kept going up and up so I bit the bullet on GOAT for resale, but they had one for instant ship so I payed a little more. This one came straight from London to California in about 3 days.

Quick Question:

From the majority of pictures I've seen, it appears Nike decided to revert to the delightful mudguard cut of the dark ages for the recent Clot K.O.D. retros. Am I wrong? Am I just seeing things? I have a pair myself with a nasty cut, so I'm really curious if this is indeed the case.
Hope everyone is doing good and staying safe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 12.59.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 12.59.16 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 303
Yea dude I'm still kicking myself for not copping when the price was lower. I think the lowest I saw was about $250 ish. And I kept telling myself "Ahh they'll go lower". Well they just kept going up and up so I bit the bullet on GOAT for resale, but they had one for instant ship so I payed a little more. This one came straight from London to California in about 3 days.
Kicking myself for waiting too long on Amsterdams and now they’re $450-500. That’s well beyond my threshold of what I’ll pay. I have a low-modest max I’m willing to spend on any shoes and that limit keeps me in check. Keeps the wife and bank account happy as well.

So I ordered another pair of clots a size down and the buggers are a little tight. Hopefully they will loosen with wear but all the uk10.5s were a fair bit more money.

Quick Question:

From the majority of pictures I've seen, it appears Nike decided to revert to the delightful mudguard cut of the dark ages for the recent Clot K.O.D. retros. Am I wrong? Am I just seeing things? I have a pair myself with a nasty cut, so I'm really curious if this is indeed the case.
You’re right. Mudguard and even the swoosh have some bad shape era vibes. But tbh I can’t look at pics of Clots for more than 5 sec, so maybe Im wrong tho.

Quick Question:

I would guess they thinned it out in order to keep the “hole” in the side of the shoe. Too Thicc of a mudguard and that thing will disappear. Also explains the trianglyness of it compared to the normal smooth curve that connects to the u throat.

Quick Question:

Maybe nike decided to keep them true to the last release like they did with the bacon am90?

All this kiss of death talk.

I bought a pair...

Full size down.

I will wear similar colour socks if i wear them, but i really bought them for display purposes.

Not because of 2021, but because they were just one of the bigs deals back when. Even though i still think the clear toes wack. I dig all the other materials and the overall aspects of them.

Thanks. So you're sticking to true size?

Im still unsure, if the 10s loosen up a little width wise they will be great. The 11s definitely too long but probably be wearable as long as not wearing thin socks and tie the laces a bit.

If I see a 10.5 pop up for less than £200 maybe ill grab them and shift the 11s

I think Clots are fire :lol: but I might have to pass with too much going on. I always loved them because of the whole Espo vibe but not sure I'm as crazy about them today as I once was. Of course, if I wasnt trying to be selective and they were available at retail... they'd be an instant cop.

Back
Top Bottom