THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

B17EC19D-639E-4CAE-883D-DFE30D382ABF.jpeg
A9355AA2-00B3-4BE1-ADEF-CBD0ED1C6849.jpeg
Throw them into the fire place where they belong.

Patta>

People hating this or that. If you don't like, don't buy and ****.

I love the back story for the Concepts - the hippie, woodstock back story is cool ****.

Patta is one of the reason's why Airmax 1's have relevant hype anyway - they have had some of teh strongest collabs through the years so they have contributed a ton to that shoe. If you can't see or get down with that then you might be in the wrong group.

Those Frankenstein-hippie shoes got nothing on Pattas. A 60s/70s Woodstock-inspired shoe could’ve been cool, but it’s like they just asked themselves "what did the hippies wear?" answered "paisley, denim, camo and flowers" and threw it all over without any regard to what patterns and colours actually go together.
Mellows are decent though, Far Outs look like clown shoes.

Concepts is like a ‘what the’ take on an air max 1. Everyone better respect Patta. The air max game wouldn’t be what it is without them, similar to atmos

Patta's done great air max 1s but not til what, 2009? Air max 1s were major heat before that too. Like rafbuddy stated above, atmos been killing am1 collabs since like 2002, 2003. Huf did an all time favorite of mine in 2004 and another great pair in 2007. Parra and kidrobot killed it in 05, albeit they were nearly unattainable hyperstrikes. Ben drury with the hold tights in 2006.

But most importantly, the non-collabs were almost all amazing back then. I say non-collab because many were released in different regional markets. Crepes, teals, greystones, HOA, newspapers, dirty denims, grunges, curries, flamingos, urawas, pimentos, redwoods, chilis, wash pack...the list goes on. THESE are why we like air max 1s. Unfortunately I'm young, I didn't get my first am1s til 2013 (beach/atomic teal) and by the time I could afford any older GRs most would've been unwearable. Although I did snag both huf collabs around 2017/2018 and got a few wears out of each before selling.

I don’t think anyone is disputing Patta’s contribution and collab history.

For me it was just the damn waves lol. As other said, if you don’t like them, don’t buy them. It’s that simple. That’s how it should be anyway.

So many people buy everything just because or to resell. So many bought up blue prints just to realize they have no resell value

Those Frankenstein-hippie shoes got nothing on Pattas. A 60s/70s Woodstock-inspired shoe could’ve been cool, but it’s like they just asked themselves "what did the hippies wear?" answered "paisley, denim, camo and flowers" and threw it all over without any regard to what patterns and colours actually go together.
Mellows are decent though, Far Outs look like clown shoes.

You sure that wasn't what people did?

sixties-fashion-1960s-festival-of-the-flower-children-hippy-hippies-B3P269.jpg

hippie-history-protest-signs.jpg

hippies.jpg

You sure that wasn't what people did?

sixties-fashion-1960s-festival-of-the-flower-children-hippy-hippies-B3P269.jpg

hippie-history-protest-signs.jpg

hippies.jpg
Haha, touché :lol:
Nah but everybody raving about how dope the concept for the shoe is and how well executed it is, I just don’t agree.
I’m sure the quality is excellent, but the design doesn’t feel authentic to me.
It’s designed like what people would wear to a hippie-themed costume party in 2022 rather than an accurate homage to hippie fashion per 1969.

Happy for those who copped and loving them though. Just ain’t for me. I like boring, classic colours and blocking. 2022 have been terrible for that so far :smh:

EU Foot Locker is the real goat when it comes to AM1, without them the AM1 wouldnt be the same here in the EU, and that was al before AM1 collabs were a thing, it all started with the AM1 jewels around 2000 thats when the AM1 starting to became popular here in the EU
and later came the safaris, viotech, shima 1 and shima 2

People hating this or that. If you don't like, don't buy and ****.

I love the back story for the Concepts - the hippie, woodstock back story is cool ****.

Patta is one of the reason's why Airmax 1's have relevant hype anyway - they have had some of teh strongest collabs through the years so they have contributed a ton to that shoe. If you can't see or get down with that then you might be in the wrong group.
Patta are clowns.

Back
Top Bottom