THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

☠️ s on a Wednesday. They've seen better days

PXL_20230208_182202535~2.jpg

Appreciate it. My wife copped it for me - not exactly a shacket, but it's sherpa.
Brooo... I caved on my non Jcrew goal for 2023 and tried to get this shacket. I was hyped for it... had to do my usual seek out across the country. Finally found my size, M, well thought it would be fine. Got it and joint was more like a CPO(too big). Had to return it. It was a final sale and I thought they'd just give me credit but they accepted the return.

Brooo... I caved on my non Jcrew goal for 2023 and tried to get this shacket. I was hyped for it... had to do my usual seek out across the country. Finally found my size, M, well thought it would be fine. Got it and joint was more like a CPO(too big). Had to return it. It was a final sale and I thought they'd just give me credit but they accepted the return.
Wait a minute - this same one I have on?

That sucks re: the sizing. They always say final sale but if you get the right person, they'll accept the return

Wait a minute - this same one I have on?

That sucks re: the sizing. They always say final sale but if you get the right person, they'll accept the return
Oh nah. It was a W&B double wool. And because there was no review on it couldn't gauge it. Had it planned for the Monarchs and newly acquired Kobe 6 OCs.

Yea its def about the right person.

Oh nah. It was a W&B double wool. And because there was no review on it couldn't gauge it. Had it planned for the Monarchs and newly acquired Kobe 6 OCs.

Yea its def about the right person.
I've been trying to stay outta the Jcrew talk but I gotta have one of the bigger Jcrew collections on this board. They basically make all of my work clothing and I'm sure to get a jacket or two every season. I also worked for Jcrew for a couple of years and my wife has worked there on and off a bunch over the last decade.

Here's one of my more recent pick ups. I had it on around the house earlier today.

I triple down on all you need to do is talk to the right associate and you can pretty much return anything. I almost always order online and have it shipped to store. Then I return it and use my student discount on it in store (cause yeah I'm that cheap).

My time as an employee spoiled me. I still buy a lot of Jcrew but only on super sales. I used to throw my employee discount to NT members a bunch (mostly cats in the dressing better thread). If you can make a friend out of an employee or even get a part time job there you will always get at least 40% off.

20230208_162934~2.jpg

PS. I'm still mad I never caught the official NT x Costo shacket but shacket game is strong!

I've been trying to stay outta the Jcrew talk but I gotta have one of the bigger Jcrew collections on this board. They basically make all of my work clothing and I'm sure to get a jacket or two every season. I also worked for Jcrew for a couple of years and my wife has worked there on and off a bunch over the last decade.

Here's one of my more recent pick ups. I had it on around the house earlier today.

I triple down on all you need to do is talk to the right associate and you can pretty much return anything. I almost always order online and have it shipped to store. Then I return it and use my student discount on it in store (cause yeah I'm that cheap).

My time as an employee spoiled me. I still buy a lot of Jcrew but only on super sales. I used to throw my employee discount to NT members a bunch (mostly cats in the dressing better thread). If you can make a friend out of an employee or even get a part time job there you will always get at least 40% off.

20230208_162934~2.jpg

PS. I'm still mad I never caught the official NT x Costo shacket but shacket game is strong!
He said I tried and tried..... but all this talk was calling my name. You don't want to hear my being cheap... and I've never worked for them lol. But being I've been rocking with them for about 10 years now exclusively ... I've gathered alot of ins and outs. Don't know if you remember the Kenton Suede Bucks.... loved those. Was mad when they discontinued them. Still have the Navy and Britsh tan pairs(still wearable but I don't wear shoes at work no more since Covid started lol)

Wait there's a Dressing Better thread lol

He said I tried and tried..... but all this talk was calling my name. You don't want to hear my being cheap... and I've never worked for them lol. But being I've been rocking with them for about 10 years now exclusively ... I've gathered alot of ins and outs. Don't know if you remember the Kenton Suede Bucks.... loved those. Was mad when they discontinued them. Still have the Navy and Britsh tan pairs(still wearable but I don't wear shoes at work no more since Covid started lol)

Wait there's a Dressing Better thread lol

Yeah the peak days of that Thread are long gone but there was a solid group of guys that posted in that thread for years. I think a lot of the regulars in there may have moved on from NT sadly.

ksteezy ksteezy actually really inspired me way back when to go hard on the JCrew stuff. He has an impressive collection of JCrew ish back in the early 2010s.

I would say I've been shopping at JCrew heavy since 08ish or so myself.

I actually got married in a JCrew tux last summer after attempting to get something bespoke from one of my fraternity brothers. I initially spent a lot more on my custom suit but it felt great to get married in something "familiar". I joked with my mother in law about how I would've been ecstatic in my 20s to even know I could afford a JCrew tux whenever I got married.

Back
Top Bottom