THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

it would be nice if i could actually pick these up in person. still kinda surprised that Nike Georgetown closed.
Wow. They did?!

Im from NYC but frequent MD alot. I was surprised when I saw the Community store close on New York Ave down there. But they are now opening up one in the Largo shopping center

A7FFFCFD-EF98-4B2E-A3E7-61C08BA9207D.jpeg

- Cris1.

Damn. Just now seeing there was a drop today :smh:

When is the official release date? Got the infrared 90s during COVID with ease by walking into the mall

I don't hate it, I just prefer the 2017. If the 2017 didn't exist or if they were 15 years old and close to death, I'd settle for a bunch of 2023, even if i dont love them. That's not the case though so I'll have the one pair and keep it moving.

Ah, that makes sense. I foolishly missed out on 2017s so these will have to do.

Alright, so you know my stance on NT sizing advice. With that said, I just tried the big bubbles on, then put one on side by side with a 90/AM3 and the big bubbles are definitely a little roomier than the 90.

Very helpful, thank you.

Wow. They did?!

Im from NYC but frequent MD alot. I was surprised when I saw the Community store close on New York Ave down there. But they are now opening up one in the Largo shopping center
That community store was clutch. When is Largo store opening?

@pwguy - I think we'd also have to consider the historic skepticism of a visible Air unit at that time in the past as well as it being 100% new. The releases we have today in production numbers of 300k-400k have been for shoes that have cemented itself into the brand that it's guaranteed to move well.

Also, Nike uploaded this video.

Completely skipped the 2017 anniversaries :lol:

I got a random question for you guys. Seeing that you guys are most enthused about the OG/retro Air Maxes like the AM1s, 90s, 180s, Lights, 95s, 97s and so on - are you guys fans of any of the newer modern models? Maybe starting from the VaporMax and onwards (2017), so like the VMs itself, AM270s, Pre-Days, 2090s, etc.?

The write-up Nike has on SNKRS for the Big Bubble is kind of peculiar noting they "only" released 400K of the original BB. Even in recent years, 400-500K is considered a large release. Sure some holiday 11s have been 1M, however, that's not large, that's enormous. But calling 400K small, esp back then seems very odd; and that was the initial release. I wonder how many shoes they were producing for GRs back then...like maybe the Pegasus? Anyway, just sounded a bit out of place and not very believable.

For context I wonder how many models were they releasing back then? Now they have hundreds of models including shoes for every sport/activity, so assuming back then with fewer models each release had higher numbers?

I got a random question for you guys. Seeing that you guys are most enthused about the OG/retro Air Maxes like the AM1s, 90s, 180s, Lights, 95s, 97s and so on - are you guys fans of any of the newer modern models? Maybe starting from the VaporMax and onwards (2017), so like the VMs itself, AM270s, Pre-Days, 2090s, etc.?

I like 2090s, they’re super comfortable. I only currently own one pair, and bought mom a pair. I wouldn’t mind more though.

I like some of the newer models as well but I usually scoop those up HEAVILY discounted.

PreDays were solid to me. Easy to slip on and go. Kinda casual look. Vapor max technology took some getting used too. Felt like I was wearing cleats for a little but ended up enjoying my Vapormax Plus pair after awhile.

The 360's arent modern per se since they were released in 2006 but I deeply hope for a reissue in 2026.

Back
Top Bottom