THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Baltic Blues $104 + Ship on Oneness for the next few minutes or so.

I literally bought these for 25 bucks more from them 4 days ago. So annoying.

Stockx will take shoes that have been tried on. THink of it like FootLocker. If Footlocker will sell it, so will Stockx. They aren't there to make sure you get a perfect pair.

1679588789566.png
Well, then. May just sell my New Balances there since I just tried it on. I was scared they would reject it because of that.

Well, then. May just sell my New Balances there since I just tried it on. I was scared they would reject it because of that.
Na they'll take tried on, laced up, etc. I had a pair of AF1 that I swapped laces to the alternate laces, removed the lace cover (it was the travis blue/brown af1), and they still took them. Everything was there and they clearly hadn't been walked in so they took them.

I’m doing my best to deal with all these wild and absurd takes and opinions on these compared to the 2017 but one I just can’t seem to get from under my skin is the criticism of the rounded toebox from the top down view on the 86 vs the narrow, pointy/off-putting non OG look from a top down view of the 2017 ‘87. I guess y’all prefer your shoes to resemble that of an elf, but not me. Guess I’m in the minority on that. The 86 clearly has a more natural rounded toe box that correctly resembles the look of most 80s/90s running shoes. My Pegasus 89, Skylon II, AMIIIs and even AM97 for example all have that same rounded toe box from a top down view which I for one have always appreciated about Air Maxes and that look is why I fell in love with old school 80s running shoes in general. Look, I love all my 2017s (and all my recent AM1s) , they’re a great retro for sure but if there was one criticism I had (and it’s not the only one) it was always the pointy toe box from the top down view. It’s a fact that Nike got that wrong on the 2017. The OG ‘86 AND OG ‘87 AM1 both had that same rounded, stubby toe box from a top down view. Whoever’s out here railing against that detail is honestly crazy to me and basically a part of the problem when it comes to Nike thinking they can get away with not getting the details right. They’ve done them wrong for so many years and gotten away with it for so long that fools really think that’s how they should look which is sad, to me. I’m convinced some in here with these “opinions” just got into shoes and Air Maxes within maybe the last decade, tops. 86 clearly looks better from this top down view.
98493BAD-EF00-4B31-9DC2-634A27B966DB.jpeg

I’ll say this and I’ll let y’all have it. I could never be the fool dying on the hill of hating on the design of original Nike Air Max shoe. I’m too much of a sneaker historian and enthusiast to do that. That’s like clowning the original Air Jordan 1 to me. Just a testament to the wild times we’re living in though. Lies and misinformation spread faster than the truth. Crazy how everyone in here who is bashing/hating on this and nit picking that on the 86s are the same folks that somehow finishes their sentence with “I’m still going to copp a pair”. Must be two sides I guess.

I’m doing my best to deal with all these wild and absurd takes and opinions on these compared to the 2017 but one I just can’t seem to get from under my skin is the criticism of the rounded toebox from the top down view on the 86 vs the narrow, pointy/off-putting non OG look from a top down view of the 2017 ‘87. I guess y’all prefer your shoes to resemble that of an elf, but not me. Guess I’m in the minority on that. The 86 clearly has a more natural rounded toe box that correctly resembles the look of most 80s/90s running shoes. My Pegasus 89, Skylon II, AMIIIs and even AM97 for example all have that same rounded toe box from a top down view which I for one have always appreciated about Air Maxes and that look is why I fell in love with old school 80s running shoes in general. Look, I love all my 2017s (and all my recent AM1s) , they’re a great retro for sure but if there was one criticism I had (and it’s not the only one) it was always the pointy toe box from the top down view. It’s a fact that Nike got that wrong on the 2017. The OG ‘86 AND OG ‘87 AM1 both had that same rounded, stubby toe box from a top down view. Whoever’s out here railing against that detail is honestly crazy to me and basically a part of the problem when it comes to Nike thinking they can get away with not getting the details right. They’ve done them wrong for so many years and gotten away with it for so long that fools really think that’s how they should look which is sad, to me. I’m convinced some in here with these “opinions” just got into shoes and Air Maxes within maybe the last decade, tops. 86 clearly looks better from this top down view.

I’ll say this and I’ll let y’all have it. I could never be the fool dying on the hill of hating on the design of original Nike Air Max shoe. I’m too much of a sneaker historian and enthusiast to do that. That’s like clowning the original Air Jordan 1 to me. Just a testament to the wild times we’re living in though. Lies and misinformation spread faster than the truth. Crazy how everyone in here who is bashing/hating on this and nit picking that on the 86s are the same folks that somehow finishes their sentence with “I’m still going to copp a pair”. Must be two sides I guess.
You must have loved the dark ages. There was no toe wrap at all you saw was mesh looking down, made the toe box look even wider than the 86’s. 🤣

Yet you'll die on the hill of anything that was first. First isn't always best. 2005 am1 > 1986 or 1987 am1. First being best is just a cop out for someone that can't look at something and form their own opinions. Like what you like, don't default to just what was first.

I'll be interested to see what the toe on these looks after some wears. 17's don't have great toe wrap out of the box but woo boy do they look great after the toe box breaks in.

Back
Top Bottom