THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

NBY ACG Pack

1000013381.jpg

So I play soccer. I noticed with soccer cleats the more expensive "elite" models have stitching where the insoles go. Shoes with stitching are usually better quality in my experience.

Just out of curiosity I wanted to see if Nike does the same with the air maxes and it seems it's the same case.

First picture are anniversary reds from 2012 with stitching, second picture are GRs I just bought that are glued and not stitched, third picture are the big bubble obsidians with stitching.

Basically the more "premium" ones have stitching. My theory is the stitched ones cost more to make and more time consuming and the glued ones are cheaper to make and less time consuming. I also feel the glued ones are more stiff and rigid and not as flexible as the stitched ones.

1000001015.jpg

1000001016.jpg

1000001017.jpg

When I asked them about the taxes this what the reply..

Good afternoon, we only charge tax on states where we have hit economic nexus thresholds. We just activated in a few states and are close to activating in others

In other words we are buying too much from them lol
"..... economic Nexus threshold...."

Definitely had to Google that one

If it's possible to have an unbiased, no hype, non sales driven conversation about the top 10 sneakers of any given year, the athletic dept would be in my to 10 for that year, fa sho'.

The Japan release too

Imo
It's possible....it just won't be popular. I'm actually more interested to hear some of y'all's top 10s at the end of the year instead of Complex. No hate on them but the past two years lists were terrible and the panel was embarrassing. It seemed like it was their first time putting together a top 10 list and the appropriate panel to discuss said list. That's how bad it looked, sounded, and turned out. As if they had no idea what was happening in "the culture".
At least yalls list would be authentic and interesting.

Damn my guy. The aqua shorts look good for the summer. Are the pattas shorts a past season?

In case you're looking for them. Sizes S and M are left. 20% off with e-mail sign-up.

It's possible....it just won't be popular. I'm actually more interested to hear some of y'all's top 10s at the end of the year instead of Complex. No hate on them but the past two years lists were terrible and the panel was embarrassing. It seemed like it was their first time putting together a top 10 list and the appropriate panel to discuss said list. That's how bad it looked, sounded, and turned out. As if they had no idea what was happening in "the culture".
At least yalls list would be authentic and interesting.
Ytd in no order for me so far...
Am1 once a duck...
Jordan 4 reimagined Black/cement
Jordan 4 military blue
Am1 bb Royal/volt
Ultramarine 180
Anta kai 1
Adidas Ae1 (maybe this is 2023?)
Puma suede (Cheetos)

Ehhhh, that's all I could think of off top.

Last edited:
AE 1’s have to be in the conversation for sure…

I’d put the Military Blue 4’s, Malachite Dunk SB’s, and Duck AM1’s on the list too if I had to pick…Just going off of what I’ve seen people wear (out here in Vegas) those are all regularly seen…Aside from the Duck’s that is but those were a personal favorite of mine so couldn’t leave them out :lol:

Still only halfway through the year though…

Last edited:
So far, of the ones I own, my favorites (as is and non-NBY) would be:

- KD4 - Galaxy
- Dunk - Dusty Olive
- Dunk - Plum
- Vomero 5 - Neutral Olive
- Vomero 5 - Saturn Gold
- Air Max 90 - Dunkin
- Jordan Jumpman Pro - Playoff
- ASICS NovaBlast 4 - Illuminate Green
- Curry 4 FloTro - Jam

The Duck (via GOAT) AM1 would hold the top spot, but I don’t own those 😢