THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Leather is extremely soft

can anyone let me know how much is the current going rate for the obsidian/sport red air max 1 from the omega pack?

These are dope! :smokin :smokin

And what's the deal with this China vs Vietnam talk? What does it mean? :nerd:

The discussion is about which factory the shoe is made in and which produces a better shaped AM1. The overall concensus is that those that come from Chinese factories aren't as great shape wise. It seems to depend on the release though because I've seen plenty of Vietnam pairs with that boot toe.

^^ exactly

I've seen current releases in person that are made in Vietnam that have that "banana shape"  so it seems like the Vietman vs China argument is no longer valid.

Years ago Nike changed manufacturing from Vietnam to China, at this point it was realized that the shape of the AM1 was destroyed, hence the correlation. 

This is IMO one of the primary reasons a lot of the current AM1 quickstrikes dont sell out.... the reason why the Escape pack that recently released ( even with the good quality leather) sat in stores and is still available at some places..

Look at that sport red pic 2 posts up.. beautiful shape.  thats my $0.02..  If I've misstated anything, please feel free to correct and educate me... ( I'm looking at you AMD!! ) 

^^ Further proof... 

At the end of the day, its all up to your preference... you may not be a stickler for shape and always buy what you like... 

Pretty much a sad  reality that the old shape will never come back.

The hyperfuses and ID's and ultra miores seem to have a nice shape but none of the standard OG  leather/mesh releases

hope this helps! 

Last edited:
Years ago Nike changed manufacturing from Vietnam Thailand to China, at this point it was realized that the shape of the AM1 was destroyed, hence the correlation. 
Look at that sport red pic 2 posts up.. beautiful shape.  thats my $0.02..  If I've misstated anything, please feel free to correct and educate me... ( I'm looking at you AMD!! ) 
wink.gif

Wmns 599820-111
today i was at my local FL to check out my AJ FB7s and i saw that this wmns cw was made in Indonesia

so now they also have wmns adult am1 that are coming from Indonesia, first it was only for the GS sizes

i think that taiwan will also gonna manufacture adult am1s very soon, now they only do the GS sizes

^^ exactly

I've seen current releases in person that are made in Vietnam that have that "banana shape"  so it seems like the Vietman vs China argument is no longer valid.

Years ago Nike changed manufacturing from Vietnam to China, at this point it was realized that the shape of the AM1 was destroyed, hence the correlation. 

This is IMO one of the primary reasons a lot of the current AM1 quickstrikes dont sell out.... the reason why the Escape pack that recently released ( even with the good quality leather) sat in stores and is still available at some places..

^^ Further proof... 

At the end of the day, its all up to your preference... you may not be a stickler for shape and always buy what you like... 

Pretty much a sad  reality that the old shape will never come back.

The hyperfuses and ID's and ultra miores seem to have a nice shape but none of the standard OG  leather/mesh releases

hope this helps! 
I picked up the AM1 and 90 in the escape pack. I personally think the AM90 shape is really nice, but, the AM1 could use some work. Do you think the toebox could be reshaped easily? @AIRMAXDISCIPLE  

the pair from thedooder are the 2012 OG reds and not the sport reds from thailand
wink.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom