THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

How long does the toe box reshape last for? I would imagine it would want to conform back to it's original shape.

How long does the toe box reshape last for? I would imagine it would want to conform back to it's original shape.
i thinks its permanent, cuz i saw a guy at the FB am1 group put his reshaped am1 in the washmachine

and after that they even maintain the reshaped shape on the toebox

It's permanent. I did it on my OG red more than a year ago and it hasn't changed 

Originally Posted by fblyod  

That's good to know. I would hate to try it and it just goes back to normal after a couple of wears.

It's permanent. I did it on my OG red more than a year ago and it hasn't changed 

That reshape makes the mesh in the toebox bulge up though. Makes sense because you're basically pushing the nose suede to the back, the mesh can't go anywhere else but up. Don't really like that.

Last edited:
Toe box reshape that I did 

Did you use the damp towel iron method? I was actually just looking at my pair and thinking I really need to try to reshape them but I'm scared to mess them up. Do you have a link to a specific method you used because they look much better.

Edit: just saw the additional posts above but if you do have a link to specific instructions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just got these in. Leather is premium. The shade of red used, varsity red, is much darker and deeper than the IDs red. Pretty much matches up to the Bred 1s color wise. A lil comparison to the Vietnam BHMs. Better shape on those.

Edit: The leather on the BHMs is also softer and much better IMO.

Last edited:
I used a spray bottle and wet paper towel. I ironed on the paper towel instead of the shoe itself so as to not burn the shoe.

Search my username in this thread. I posted instructions months ago. Also search air max toe box reshape on google
Did you use the damp towel iron method? I was actually just looking at my pair and thinking I really need to try to reshape them but I'm scared to mess them up. Do you have a link to a specific method you used because they look much better.

Edit: just saw the additional posts above but if you do have a link to specific instructions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't think there was any stores around me locally that even had these. NDC was my only hope and we all know how that went. :smh:

Here's a pic I came across on Instagram

Wow that Royal inspired pair is fire. I'd take those over the black/red pair anyday.

Last edited:
Will black and red 1's see another release or be available at any other online retailers? Ebay prices for them are heart attack-inducing for an AM1. I'd like to grab some, but id is not a bad alternative, and maybe the brighter red would look better, idk.

OG air jordan 1's were pretty bright back in 1985 if you ask me. This new, more muted red is a newer occurrence I think. I could be wrong, but look:

Back
Top Bottom