THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

All the hype started cuz of this picture and the word Yeezy...

...before that they were sitting.... dope pic tho...

definitely a nice pic. The shoe actually looks nice in this pic, but that pink threw it off for me.

went to finishline today in the less urban area of life and they had 1 pair of hastas. Sale price was 69.99, same as online. 74 and some change. So instead of purchasing in the store, I went to finishline.com, dang it, I forgot to order through ebates, and bought them (along with using the $10 off $60 coupon code on retailmenot) and did the store pickup. Walked around the mall for a minute and went back into the store once my order went through....got them for $63.

they are definitely more banana-ish than my other two recent pairs. I actually measured the toe box and the hastas indeed longer than the other pair.

At first I hated the chances Nike did compared to the samples but these are growing on me especially since I slept hard on the Milans lol crazy Friday night.

Excuse my ignorance, a couple of questions about this colorway.

Is this pair true to the OG's? They're red, not orange, correct?

Are the mid-soles pre-yellowed? They don't look like it, but can't tell.

Finally, what's different from the samples as you mention?

Thank you very much in advance.

Is this pair true to the OG's? They're red, not orange, correct?

Are the mid-soles pre-yellowed? They don't look like it, but can't tell.

Finally, what's different from the samples as you mention?

Thank you very much in advance.

Midsole is sail so pre-yellowed

Red not orange

Sample = suede

Retail version = synthetic suede

They're still very nice.

Last edited:
@ 1978S yes, they're red. The 'yellowing' is called sail and is alot more white than yellow (the red OG's are the same) and the difference from the samples I believe that the samples had suede vs nubuck

Is this pair true to the OG's? Thank you very much in advance.

here is a comparison pic i posted a little while ago...

i believe the original was white/grey-(navy) blue & red (obsidian & navy blue have been somewhat interchangable w/ nike over the years)
(i've seen a couple minor variations that may correlate to production runs - the way they used to be then)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom