THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

remakes will never touch the og version tho. /:

Never, but it's either shell out $$$ for retros from 10 years ago that still had much better quality (If you can even find your size) or go with the re retros. Unfortunately, that's all most of us can do.

Not gonna lie, I've been eyeing some retro chilis on the Bay but can't pull the trigger at $250 +

^to add on top of that too, Im not comfortable wearing 10 year old shoes lol. dont want them crumbling on me.

Never, but it's either shell out $$$ for retros from 10 years ago that still had much better quality (If you can even find your size) or go with the re retros. Unfortunately, that's all most of us can do.

Not gonna lie, I've been eyeing some retro chilis on the Bay but can't pull the trigger at $250 +
oh i feel you, i mean not a lot of people are down to drop x amount for a pair and it technically is the smart move to buy a newer version. 

fortunately for me i got lucky and found a pair for a steal and the og owner took very good care of them as far as storage. only reason i 

bought them and am now wearing them. 

everyone fears crumbling but it all matters on that air controlled rooms and rotation. thats why you should always rock and not just stock. 
happy.gif

Wow, i rocked my Chilis for the first time in a long while today! Some of my favs, not sure why I don' rock them more.

I think I've been eyeing the same ones on ebay. [shakes fist at screen]

I just dont want to pull the trigger either.

Shoezeum has a pair on ebay but I can't believe its already up to $230 with 6 days to go! All of that dudes shoes are going for way too much on ebay. Like people actually care they are getting shoes from shoezeum, so its ok to pay more?

Shoezeum has a pair on ebay but I can't believe its already up to $230 with 6 days to go! All of that dudes shoes are going for way too much on ebay. Like people actually care they are getting shoes from shoezeum, so its ok to pay more?

ShoeZeum recently auctioned off this pair of Metal Max. The listing stated they were on display in the cross training section blah blah blah hype up the fact it was on "display" etc. I sold them to him less than 2 months ago. I wonder how many other shoes are being hyped up as being part of the world's largest shoe collection. Being they were added after he got the World Record. Not that I care, just sayin...

Photo: abernja

I know him being legit gets a little more than usual. Sole Supremacy sells a ton of kicks and they usually get 20% more then you can get elsewhere, just because people know they are legit. Doesnt make sense, but its about feeling comfortable. Like FlightClub. I buy shoes there on occassion, willing to pay a little more because I can actually see them rather then hope I'm getting a clean pair. Jordans are ridiculously expensive at FC, but you'll find some solid deals for AM's.

people jock shoezeum. We'll see the same shoes being sold in 6 months saying they were from shoezeum, so its exclusive!

Man, I feel bad for those who ordered FBs on FNL initial release. Once again Finish Line and their backwards way of running their business. Ridiculous how all the orders placed on the Thursday stock went through. I also placed an order on that initial Weds release before Kicksdeals and luckily they shipped my pair out later in the evening Thursday. I'm sure I was that close to being cancelled as well as most who ordered Thursday got their shipment confirmation hours before I did

:smh:

oh i feel you, i mean not a lot of people are down to drop x amount for a pair and it technically is the smart move to buy a newer version. 
fortunately for me i got lucky and found a pair for a steal and the og owner took very good care of them as far as storage. only reason i 
bought them and am now wearing them. 

everyone fears crumbling but it all matters on that air controlled rooms and rotation. thats why you should always rock and not just stock. 
happy.gif

Yeah, no doubt you definitely can find a bunch of older shoes in good wearable condition. I myself have a bunch of older Jordans from late 90's to early 2000 in really good wearable condition. Like you said, all about how it's taken care of and store most of the time.

I've noticed that as well. Guess the fact it's associated and was from Shoezuem just ups its value that much more. As if shoes weren't already overpriced on Ebay as is!

Last edited:
so FNL shipped my order via UPS, but now it says on UPS it got changed over to USPS by the sender (presumably FNL) 

anybody got the same problem? 

so FNL shipped my order via UPS, but now it says on UPS it got changed over to USPS by the sender (presumably FNL) 

Yeah that usually happens when you chose free shipping.. i got shipping confirmation thursday, but it's still not showing any info about tracking

When you generally get free shipping from FNL, they use something called "Sure Post" which is initiated by UPS and then transferred to your local Post Office to complete the delivery. You will get the shoes from your Mailman/maillady

Last edited:
I'm in the group of people that ordered on the first day but haven't had the orders shipped yet. What sucks is that I was contemplating putting in another order on the second day since I didn't use the coupon on the first day. But decided not to so I won't be holding up pairs. Hopefully they will still be able to fulfill the orders, doesn't look likely though. Does anyone know if there was a warehouse expansion or relocation for FNL? I saw one of the @FinishLineHelp tweets saying someones order is being processed from a DC warehouse, but I thought FNL usually ships from Indianapolis.
I ordered on the restock day last Thursday and got shipping confirmation that same day. I'm sorry to hear about all those people who ordered from the original drop and their orders are still processing. Finishline is the worst! Credit card errors, Paypal issues, and cancel orders. I've experienced all of them! Even if I successfully place an order, I never feel secure until I get a shipping confirmation. They have the worst customer experience in the business. Regarding FNL's warehouse...It might be a guess but I think DC warehouse means "distribution center." The order I made for these AM1 FB "Mints" shipped from Indianapolis, IN like it always does (unless the stock was source from a retail store).

Last edited:
Anybody know where I can purchase the Nike Air Max EM Tianjin in a size 10-10.5? Thanks, preferably not a euro site.

WOW,cant believe yall FBs got canceled from FNL.It seems like there was definitely enough and I ordered mines a little late on the day 2 restock and they will be here today.Got my confirmation instantly and shipping number the next day.

Yes,sometimes on FNL they give your package to the post office and then USPS delivers it.That's great to me because the post office actually delivers on Saturday.

Any body know what material the mint on the FB is? Wanna clean mine but not to sure of material thanks

most dirt (scuffs etc) will come off that material with a nail brush and water, it gets dirty too damn easily!

not seen these mentioned, may have missed though.

clean colourway ive just seen pop up as available - sorry for bad pictures.

WOW,cant believe yall FBs got canceled from FNL.It seems like there was definitely enough and I ordered mines a little late on the day 2 restock and they will be here today.Got my confirmation instantly and shipping number the next day.

Yes,sometimes on FNL they give your package to the post office and then USPS delivers it.That's great to me because the post office actually delivers on Saturday.

That's the problem. It seems that most of the people that ordered on the second day got theirs shipped while a lot of the people who ordered on the first day didn't. The feeling I have right now is as if I had a pair of shoes held for me and they go and sell it to someone else right in front of my face, lol, I have had orders cancelled from FNL before, but I have never been as angry as I have this time.

Back
Top Bottom