THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I just took delivery of a pair of the AM1 FBs, size 9.5.  They seem to fit a little bigger than my OGs, EMs and other AM1s in the same size.  Any ideas on how to stop them slipping at the heel and to soften them up a bit?  Thanks!
loosening the laces really did the trick for me, especially the bottom two parts. aside from that, after a few wears they do give slightly. 

mine are a LOT more comfortable after a few days wear. 

regarding heel slip -  i wear bigger socks but loosen the laces in the right places. 

Last edited:
Ordered the og reds & pb essentials in a 10 but they are to roomy... I gotta return them but will try to help a fellow member before I do so, kinda disappointed though

^

a bunch of pages back, someone posted tips on ironing out the toebox as to get it closer to the correct shape

well, i too was slightly disappointed in the toebox, so i said the heck with it & did the ironing thing...(a modified approach varying slightly from the tips)

i'll have to get some pics posted...but, in the meantime, i will tell you that it worked! w/o burning the material - the toeboxes now look sleek like the original
& older retro releases

(did this with the og obsidians)

Last edited:
^

a bunch of pages back, someone posted tips on ironing out the toebox as to get it closer to the correct shape

well, i too was slightly disappointed in the toebox, so i said the heck with it & did the ironing thing...(a modified approach varying slightly from the tips)

i'll have to get some pics posted...but, in the meantime, i will tell you that it worked! w/o burning the material - the toeboxes now look sleek like the original
& older retro releases

(did this with the og obsidians)
but for how long the toebox will hold that shape, because it will go back to the factory shape after a while

^that's what the original guy giving the tip said...

i'll have to see, but they have held the new shape already for about a week with no wear just sitting in the box

Anyone know when (or if) these are hitting the states? Already pretty much sold out on pre oder at End. Are they WMNS or Mens as well?

Almost pulled the trigger on FNL for the sunset's...gonna wait for that sale price though

Anyone know when (or if) these are hitting the states? Already pretty much sold out on pre oder at End. Are they WMNS or Mens as well?
i am going to regret sleeping on the preorder of these..i just know it

does anyone know where I can buy the OG red am1 for retail?

Last edited:
I copped the metallic AM1 FBs from End last week.  Had a look at the Nike outlet last weekend and they had the red AM1 OGs so they were immediately copped.  The metallics are amazing looking, not the most comfortable to start with and they run a little big, but they look real good.  The OGs on the other hand fit like a glove and are like walking on clouds, they are amazing.

Think my next cop may be the AM1 Londons or the Sunsets.

Was curious if anyone has done an Air Max 1 ID with the tan color outsole before? I was considering using it with the hopes it'd resemble a gum sole. Anyone tried it or seen any pictures of a finished product?

it is a gum sole.  The london star pack that just dropped used it, as did the A.P.C collab.

Cool short video of how the AM1 came about. Hatfield is that dude
pimp.gif

They're Wms, just read they are part of a series of 9 of which a few already surfaced. No info about (US) release though and so far I've seen only small sizes, up to 41 or so.
-edit
maybe End had a few bigger sizes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom