THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Really appreciate the info. And yea, your experience is what I'm afraid of. Just material overload and not able to see it all put together. I'm afraid I'll have an idea to somewhat re-create Jordan 5 Metallic into an AM1 and then find out they don't have the 3M tongue. I'd be crushed and back to ground zero. Or a Cherrywood to find out they don't have the carpet looking material on the swoosh. I've seen a lot of really nice weathered leather and wool materials. Might stick to something along those lines.
I know for a fact they do not have the carpet material because I was looking to use it as well. However, there are some great substitutes. I went for a canvas material for my outside swoosh, outlined in pebbled leather and then did the reverse for the inside. But the canvas is dope because it sticks out like that carpet material. 

I don't know what's going on haha. I just called Nike and the girl game me these style codes: 843387 101, 843387 301, 843387 401, 843387 601, and 843387 701. They drop on 7/28... but her computer shows it as a women's release.

This site shows them as womens too.

https://www.everysize.com/nike-w-air-max-1-ultra-flyknit-sneaker-843387-101.html

https://www.everysize.com/nike-w-air-max-1-ultra-flyknit-sneaker-843387-301.html

https://www.everysize.com/nike-w-air-max-1-ultra-flyknit-sneaker-843387-401.html

https://www.everysize.com/nike-w-air-max-1-ultra-flyknit-sneaker-843387-601.html

Good news here, though. Finishline has them listed as a men's 7/28 release.

http://www.finishline.com/shoe-release-calendar
AHH yes!!!! Thanks bro!

Quick Q about the AM1 Hyperfuse: Do they stretch in width at the toebox at all? My pair's killing my pinky toe, it's really terrible but if I go .5 it'll be too long.

I know for a fact they do not have the carpet material because I was looking to use it as well. However, there are some great substitutes. I went for a canvas material for my outside swoosh, outlined in pebbled leather and then did the reverse for the inside. But the canvas is dope because it sticks out like that carpet material. 
Ha, I didn't realize those were yours. I came across them earlier when goggling Bespoke AM1's. They were my favorite pair that I came across. I'm a Yankee fan and those could pass for Yankee shoes with the baseball stitching. Really well done! Colors, textures, gum bottom... just well done.

Ha, I didn't realize those were yours. I came across them earlier when goggling Bespoke AM1's. They were my favorite pair that I came across. I'm a Yankee fan and those could pass for Yankee shoes with the baseball stitching. Really well done! Colors, textures, gum bottom... just well done.
Haha thanks bro! Yea I just combined few of my fav AM1s together...99 mini swoosh, safari and obsidians and put a little twist on em. I'm a big White Sox fan but as long as you dig em I'm cool with that haha. 

These are dope, you did a good job

These are dope, you did a good job

Thanks bro appreciate it!

Looks like you all have been sleepin on the bay....2006 Studio iDs for $59 can't beat that shape :smokin

Looks like you all have been sleepin on the bay....2006 Studio iDs for $59 can't beat that shape :smokin
Are those ds? If yes, should they still be wearable? I've come across several 04-08 ds pairs but I've been scared to buy them bc I was worried they'd crumble if I tried to wear them.

Are those ds? If yes, should they still be wearable? I've come across several 04-08 ds pairs but I've been scared to buy them bc I was worried they'd crumble if I tried to wear them.
These are not DS, however I did buy 2007 DS pair few months ago and they are totally fine - must have made them with better midsole back then. But for $60....worth it, even if they need a sole swap, the shape alone and dope color way is worth the money IMO.

Looks like you all have been sleepin on the bay....2006 Studio iDs for $59 can't beat that shape
smokin.gif
yeah those are beautiful.  cant speak for you and your size, but im an ebay hawk.  so no sleep here, its just that my size is savage.  its prob 10x harder to find something like this, in this condition, for that price.  ya'll less than average size got it made.  literally walk one day in my size 9.5, and you will see the sneaker hunt life very diff my friend.  
wink.gif

Are the new Pinnacles still releasing on the 2st? Will I be able to cop them on NDC or will I have to go the boutique route?

Scenario:

You have $500~ to spend on one pair of AM1's. What pair do you hunt for?

Please don't take your current collection into consideration. I'm looking to add a centerpiece to my collection and I know there's tons of stuff out there that I don't even know about.

Amsterdams.

I make the offer, but for $500 it probably gets rejected.

112 Clark kents are next. Just sold a pair for that much. They're sublime.

After that for me OG mesh are next on the list.

Then down to some viotechs or ds curries.

Any of the Pattas after that.

Any good wearables on that list is spend the 5 hunge on if I was going to spend it.

But that's just me, others will spend their 5 hunnad on some other 87s.

Last edited:
Amsterdams.

I make the offer, but for $500 it probably gets rejected.

112 Clark kents are next. Just sold a pair for that much. They're sublime.

After that for me OG mesh are next on the list.

Then down to some viotechs or ds curries.

Any of the Pattas after that.

Any good wearables on that list is spend the 5 hunge on if I was going to spend it.

But that's just me, others will spend their 5 hunnad on some other 87s.
Thanks, man. And yea, definitely plan on wearing them.

Scenario:

Please don't take your current collection into consideration. I'm looking to add a centerpiece to my collection and I know there's tons of stuff out there that I don't even know about.
Tell me your size and I'll send you some ideas

Has anyone seen Cherrywoods sell recently? I'd do nasty things for a pair but I just can't see paying $3500 for a pair of sneakers. I'd be afraid to even wear them. $1k? Ok, I can do that. $3500? Idk man.

Scenario:

I'd go for a new pair of the 05 OG Red HOA's. My pair has been dead for years. That was the last proper retro of the OG Red IMO. Piping on the tongue, proper shape, softer mesh and nylon around the ankle.

^have 3 ds sz13 of the HOA if that's your sz and you wanna spend $500 on a pair

Lol. I wouldn't really spend that much and I'm not a 13.

Thats just the pair j want right now over all others that would at least have a chance of not falling apart.

Back
Top Bottom