THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I don't judge anyone's decisions and it's your money so do what you please.

However, it confuses me how people were dying to get these anywhere close to retail and now they're available for retail and people are like mehhhh I'll wait for discount.

Most of my peeps who were hitting me up in March to see if I had any leads sat out on the release today because they are judiciously waiting for the holiday season (November is heavy with options along all the brands and October will probably have a restock or two) and are speculating that since there is a change in the SKU ...there will be another restock during the holiday.

No to all this. I see so many adidas sitting. Ya'll gotta stop with this analogy. Nobody cares what a hypebeast kid wants. Anyone who paid $500 for AM1s needs to stop buying shoes.
Literally every apparel company on earth worries about what hypebeast kids want. Again, you need to think past what's good for you.

20170926_214821_HDR.jpg

Literally every apparel company on earth worries about what hypebeast kids want. Again, you need to think past what's good for you.

So what's your point man? Hearing folks talk about how bad Nike is so called doing is getting old. I just don't see it. Nike is basic American Pie and they aren't going anywhere. Models like OG AM1s will always outlast fads and trends, and transcends generations and cultures. Nike will and are making adjustments in the market, as they always do. The question is how long will Adidas ride the boost wave and think that will sustain? I just see shoes in general being less desired by consumers, young and old. Also, the average high school kid doesn't have $500 to spend on AM1s or any shoe for that matter. You must be talking about rich kids. How do you explain all the Adidas that are also sitting? Of course anything limited will sell out, regardless of brand.

Last edited:
So what's your point man? Hearing folks talk about how bad Nike is so called doing is getting old. I just don't see it. Nike is American Pie and it not going anywhere. It will always outlast fads and trends, and transcends generations and cultures. Nike will and is making adjustments as they always do. The question is how long will Adidas ride the boost wave and think that will sustain? I just see shoes in general being less desired by consumers, youth and old. Also, the average high school kid doesn't have $500 to spend on AM1s or any shoe for that matter. You must be talking about rich kids. How do you explain all the Adidas that are also sitting? Of course anything limited will sell out, regardless of brand.
You can say hearing about it is getting old but it doesn't mean it's not happening. Nike rode the Air wave for 30 years. There's no reason to think Boost couldn't have a similar run. Look, I'm 100% Nike. I have never stuck my foot in a boost shoe. I'm also aware enough to realize that kids aren't going for Nikes these days. My nephews don't come to me asking for a 1987 retro that came out 20 years before they were born. They don't care about a basketball player that retired before they were born. You're acting like Nike has been around for 200 years like Procter and Gamble. Nike ain't been **** but for the last 30 years. That's a blip. Ole Milwaukee was the cool beer for 30 years too. Now where are they? Dying bc their old drinkers are literally dying. Again, I'm all Nike but I'm also smart enough to realize that in today's market, as much as we don't like it, small batch and hype is what makes a brand cool.

So tired of these adidas "truthers" :smh:.
I despise Addias with a passion but you have to be flat out ignorant to ignore their growth. It's coming mostly from Jordan Brand, but a little from Nike too. What's the biggest change in JB over the last few years? They started flooding the market every freaking weekend. Go in any Foot Locker right now and they'll have 10+ Jordan retros sitting. It's great for the sneaker purist but it's horrible for the Jordan Brand. Meanwhile Adidas has gone small batch after small batch with UB and NMD's. Tons of collabs too. At the end of the day, people cry and complain that they can't get something but then when enough is made for it to sit on the shelf, they don't want it. The og red restock is a perfect example of this. You may be tired of hearing about it but it doesn't make any of this less true.

6 months ago we had to line up at midnight for an 11am store opening to cop the Annys. Today I showed up 10 minutes before they opened and nobody was there. That's the shoe game these days. If it's not limited, people don't want it. It's just not cool. That's why Adidas has grown so much. They've been making small batch after small batch while Nike has been making millions. The people on this board won't like it but Nike needs to get back to small batch to be cool again. This shoe is a perfect example of it.

I've gotta disagree with you regarding this particular shoe. The Anniversary release in March was significant for multiple reasons. It was done during the month of Air Max day. All of us Air Max enthusiasts were excited because Nike finally got the shape and materials accurately executed. We however, were stiffed by Nike on March 4th because the supply was grossly produced. If Nike would have produced as many pairs of 100's as they did 103's, they still would have sold out. Today's release was something of an anomaly for Nike. Unless it's a Jordan Brand sneaker, a re-release like this isn't common. Not everyone was in the know of this re-release and that's most likely the reason you were able to line up 10 minutes before your local spot opened and cop with no hassle. True Nike has retro'd this shoe multiple times, but they finally got it right and also redeemed the botched release of the 100. This shoe sold out today, so apparently people definitely wanted it.

I do get your whole limited view though, exclusivity has always been a driving factor for consumers. This sneaker however is an exception to the rule though because of its significance to the Air Max line.

Back to AM1 anniversary talk.

Anyone see a size 9 online? Trying to double up after hitting on snkrs. Stores around me are sold out in my size.

You can say hearing about it is getting old but it doesn't mean it's not happening. Nike rode the Air wave for 30 years. There's no reason to think Boost couldn't have a similar run. Look, I'm 100% Nike. I have never stuck my foot in a boost shoe. I'm also aware enough to realize that kids aren't going for Nikes these days. My nephews don't come to me asking for a 1987 retro that came out 20 years before they were born. They don't care about a basketball player that retired before they were born. You're acting like Nike has been around for 200 years like Procter and Gamble. Nike ain't been **** but for the last 30 years. That's a blip. Ole Milwaukee was the cool beer for 30 years too. Now where are they? Dying bc their old drinkers are literally dying. Again, I'm all Nike but I'm also smart enough to realize that in today's market, as much as we don't like it, small batch and hype is what makes a brand cool.

Nike, despite all that you say, still has hype, though. Have you heard about the **** show and ultra hype surrounding the Off-White collection? Or are you just skimming through that? I guess those rich hypebeast kids are gonna pass on those for a pair of UBs, huh? Wouldn't count on it. Nike made signing artist and making collabs and building hype a "thing". Nike is the ones that taught everybody everything in regards to hype. They set the standard for other brands to try and mimic.

Last edited:
I've gotta disagree with you regarding this particular shoe. The Anniversary release in March was significant for multiple reasons. It was done during the month of Air Max day. All of us Air Max enthusiasts were excited because Nike finally got the shape and materials accurately executed. We however, were stiffed by Nike on March 4th because the supply was grossly produced. If Nike would have produced as many pairs of 100's as they did 103's, they still would have sold out. Today's release was something of an anomaly for Nike. Unless it's a Jordan Brand sneaker, a re-release like this isn't common. Not everyone was in the know of this re-release and that's most likely the reason you were able to line up 10 minutes before your local spot opened and cop with no hassle. True Nike has retro'd this shoe multiple times, but they finally got it right and also redeemed the botched release of the 100. This shoe sold out today, so apparently people definitely wanted it.

I do get your whole limited view though, exclusivity has always been a driving factor for consumers. This sneaker however is an exception to the rule though because of its significance to the Air Max line.
I don't buy the "not everyone knew" line. It's been well talked about and covered on every sneaker blog. Nike released some last week. Every boutique on the planet had them. They weren't limited so nobody outside of the AM1 purist wants them. That's just how things work now days.

Nike, despite all that you say, still has hype, though. Have you heard about the **** show and ultra hype surrounding the Off-White collection? Or are you just skimming through that? I guess those rich hypebeast kids are gonna pass on those for a pair of UBs, huh? Wouldn't count on Nike made signing artist and making collabs and building hype a "thing". Nike is the ones that taught everybody everything in regards to hype. They set the standard for other brands to try and mimic.
The part you're missing is that Nike has gotten away from their blueprint and Adidas has picked it up and ran with it. They got away from small batch for hype bc people cried for years about it and now it's biting them in the ***.

So let me get this straight.

"100" refers to the last 3 digits of the Anni release back in March and "103" is the re-release from today?

Also, does the re-release come with the dope box? Or just a plain sportswear box?

I'm more excited for this shoe than I have been for any shoe in recent memory. Can't wait!

Both shoes come in the OG style box. 100 pair is the one from march that has the dust bag and pamphlet with the shoes. The 103s are the restock pairs that only come with the shoes

Totally forgot these were releasing today. Any info on the availability of these near Santa Monica or South Bay? Any help much appreciated

I despise Addias with a passion but you have to be flat out ignorant to ignore their growth. It's coming mostly from Jordan Brand, but a little from Nike too. What's the biggest change in JB over the last few years? They started flooding the market every freaking weekend. Go in any Foot Locker right now and they'll have 10+ Jordan retros sitting. It's great for the sneaker purist but it's horrible for the Jordan Brand. Meanwhile Adidas has gone small batch after small batch with UB and NMD's. Tons of collabs too. At the end of the day, people cry and complain that they can't get something but then when enough is made for it to sit on the shelf, they don't want it. The og red restock is a perfect example of this. You may be tired of hearing about it but it doesn't make any of this less true.

But other than Yeezy's, they are sitting though. How do you explain the fact that Adidas are also sitting? You never answered that. Again anything "limited" will sell out. Regardless of brand. The march 100s release was a prime example of that.

But other than Yeezy's, they are sitting though. How do you explain the fact that Adidas are also sitting?
Some do, many don't. They've started to increase production on some of the colorways but many of them still sell out quickly. I never suggested that every single shoe Adidas makes sells out immediately.

I really don't care to ruin the thread further. You're only worried about yourself and you being able to easily get a shoe you want. I don't blame you for that. I just look at the big picture.

In L.A., nmds, and ultraboosts sit.

By increasing production Adidas will not continue to see the growth it has been seeing.

And Nike only cares about 50 billion. Once they hit their mark....there’s a catalog of super limited Jordan’s they’re planning for ‘18

Back
Top Bottom