THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

They look great, man! I just picked up a pair last week - my very first AM1 - and I think they're fantastic. When you say "flawless" - what flaws tend to pop up on these? I've heard of curry "stains" on the white mesh (or laces), but I'm not sure what else I should be looking for.

Incidentally, I guess I just inadvertently outed myself as one of the "new" folks hanging around this thread.

In my opinion, you're better off not reading what some people consider "flaws." It might ruin a perfectly fine shoe for you. It's usually very nit-picky things that 99% of people wouldn't notice or care about, but once you're aware of it then it might bug you. Just my $0.02.

PayPal only for raffles. Not credit card. Learned my lesson with sns when I hit on OW vm’s and got bounced

What if it's a CC through/with paypal?

always get mixed feelings about this. when i got heavily into cars and started a build, friends told me to always purchase with a CC through pp, should something not work in my favor I could then dispute it with my CC company.

But now with these raffles, especially overseas, its seems the way to go. I've always made sure that my billing & shipping addresses match to avoid any issues but I guess that's not the case.

Just curious if anyone has won a raffle entering cc info or through paypal with a linked cc

always get mixed feelings about this. when i got heavily into cars and started a build, friends told me to always purchase with a CC through pp, should something not work in my favor I could then dispute it with my CC company.

But now with these raffles, especially overseas, its seems the way to go. I've always made sure that my billing & shipping addresses match to avoid any issues but I guess that's not the case.

Just curious if anyone has won a raffle entering cc info or through paypal with a linked cc

I've won SNS and END raffles a few times and always with a credit card.

They look great, man! I just picked up a pair last week - my very first AM1 - and I think they're fantastic. When you say "flawless" - what flaws tend to pop up on these? I've heard of curry "stains" on the white mesh (or laces), but I'm not sure what else I should be looking for.

Incidentally, I guess I just inadvertently outed myself as one of the "new" folks hanging around this thread.
My first pair seemed to not have been painted on the midsole towards the toe box area. My second pair had stains on the white mesh so I had given up on it, until I saw a link posted to these priced at $75 from UNDFTD so I said I'd be willing to take a gamble and got one with no flaws or issues.

Paypal with a linked CC is fine, I've never had an issue.

But using CC directly is not advisable. SNKRS declined my AMEX on the Cactus Jack 4s. I've read on here that it has happened to numerous people. Never again!

Nice, plus it's always nice to accumulate those points for cashback, nahmean :smokin

Boom SVD
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.38.43 PM.png

In my opinion, you're better off not reading what some people consider "flaws." It might ruin a perfectly fine shoe for you. It's usually very nit-picky things that 99% of people wouldn't notice or care about, but once you're aware of it then it might bug you. Just my $0.02.

I hear you. I purchased my currys off eBay - so I had the chance to check out photos of the exact pair I'd receive. In those pics I didn't see any stains, nor anything else that looked "off", and the shoes look just as good in hand. But, yeah, I guess if there was another flaw I'd never otherwise notice - then I'm better off remaining ignorant. What I don't know can't hurt me, lol

10.5 has went from $444 this morning to $388 now

I've been eyeing that. I'm a 10.5 tts, but size up to 11 on AM1 due to the narrow toe area. Waiting to see which one ends up in the low range. I know the SW 97/1 fit big. Not sure what these will be like.

Back
Top Bottom