THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I was planning on selling 1 pair so I didn't feel comfortable revealing the exact price on here. They were way under half price because they were returned IDs and on the hash wall. Usually I would pass on them but the discount was good.

might as well use this double post space to express some of the stuff ive seen in the past few weeks.

i hope they do archive the 87 for a bit. all the monotonous churning out of the silhouette is getting close to the dark age regurgitation, except with better shape. some of tens of variants of "curry" or "olive" is just gross and so generic looking.

its great to see theyre starting to split the outsole, but wtf, just give us a triple split. whats up with the double split color. without the toecap outsole color change, i want nothing to do with it.

some of the boxiness of the toewrap is starting to surface. so for that reason, im out.
Not for shelving the 87 completely since its my favorite shoe. But I do agree and always said that the shape has been declining since the beginning of the remaster.

I just don't think nike puts as much care into the 87 as they should. Colorways across the board have been good. But rarely fantastic.

But, at this point 9 out of 10 grs sit until they hit deep deep discount...not sure if shelving them will help.

Nike has a bad habit of noticing trends super late, overreacting when sales aren't good and not looking inward regarding what they can do better.

+1

the shape began to decline since the beginning of the remaster... slowly but surely

but many will say the opposite with the classic "it's the same since 2017" (no no & no lol, watch the latest indi GR releases or even the last anni red restock it's not the same level than the 2017 first restock... 2017 was a good year, first-half of 2018 too, since it's not so good except for a few pairs)

I'm happy, I have a lot of very good air max 1 for a long time... imo 2017/2018 (first-half for 2018 ) is a new golden era for AM1 (i have 20 pairs from this era, all are perfect! I do not keep the pairs that are not perfect, to have a perfect pair I often have to buy two and send one back)

I do not buy recent pairs (made in Indonesia), my last bought are the grey JDI and the pendleton ID, since no AM1 for me... and yes, many recent colors are redundant, generic and boring (imo)

Last edited:
Complaining bout the last ~2.5 years is insane! I was complaining bout quality, lame CWs, limited retroes etc too!

But seriously, we should remember the decade before the „new“ shape :wink:
exactly

many forget (or weren't around) for the horror decade from 07-17

And let's not pretend the differences are anything more than minor over last year and a bit.

Give me a decent shaped max 1 OG in red and royal as a staple and I'll be happy- if it's mudguard isnt high enough or the toe box slightly off shape, or one stitch is off- then I don't really care - buy em- put em on and enjoy them and stop overanalysing them- or dont buy them and quit complaining

B4FD6F11-A66C-4EDA-B3B6-A803FB6A8762.jpeg

I was planning on selling 1 pair so I didn't feel comfortable revealing the exact price on here. They were way under half price because they were returned IDs and on the hash wall. Usually I would pass on them but the discount was good.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for turning a massive profit on some returned patent leather iD’s.

Hold TIght's are so frustrating. One of the most wearable pairs ever. Dark easily maintained upper. Materials good enough to last for years and years.
But with the most fragile mudguard and tongue tab of all time.
But the 3M is also what makes them. Think they would be one of the most justifiable retros if Nike's in-house 3M really is more durable.

I'm certainly the only one on this thread who didn't have bought a single pair of AM1 between 2007 and 2016, of my life i never owned a single pair of dark era AM1 (but I have caught up well since spring 2017 lol, now it's my favorite AM model & i am so happy with my pairs! for me they are just perfect for a 39 years old boy :tongue: , it's a classic...)

Last edited:
That may be so, but I only asked in here because I needed accurate information on the pair because the box has no details at all. It helped a lot because I now have the correct details in order to list them online and even have a rough idea of how much is acceptable to pay for these. I know these shoes are nothing special, but it's nice to get a second opinion from the heads in here.

That may be so, but I only asked in here because I needed accurate information on the pair because the box has no details at all. It helped a lot because I now have the correct details in order to list them online and even have a rough idea of how much is acceptable to pay for these. I know these shoes are nothing special, but it's nice to get a second opinion from the heads in here.

Why don't you just list em on feebay for 99 starting bid and see what they sell for?

Back
Top Bottom