THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Wow just had the sneaker gods bless me today. Mind you I never have things like this happen to me plus I never really enter Marshall's like that, but I was at home depot with my brother helping him haul some stuff, we decided to enter the Marshall's across the street and just as I was telling him about those crazy stories about people finding frags etc... I spot these beauties, my jaw dropped, we both looked at each other like wtf. I grabbed all 3 pairs they had. since two are bae sized ima give one to my niece, and nephew, and the huge one I'm gonna sell and get a pair in my size. Sorry about the water mark guys I usually never do that but I know these kind of pics spread like wildfire so it's just a preventative measure.

salt_20190526_193911_083.jpg
Incredible

Be careful selling on stock x or goat though

A lot of issues with pairs Marshall’s gets

A lot of issues with pairs Marshall’s gets

Is that true? I know Marshall's sells some seconds-quality clothing (for example, I've seen Levi's jeans and Darn Tough socks labeled as such) but I didn't know they did that with shoes, too. Kinda thought their shoes were just overstock from other stores. Guess I'll take a closer look at the shoes next time I'm there.

Wow just had the sneaker gods bless me today. Mind you I never have things like this happen to me plus I never really enter Marshall's like that, but I was at home depot with my brother helping him haul some stuff, we decided to enter the Marshall's across the street and just as I was telling him about those crazy stories about people finding frags etc... I spot these beauties, my jaw dropped, we both looked at each other like wtf. I grabbed all 3 pairs they had. since two are bae sized ima give one to my niece, and nephew, and the huge one I'm gonna sell and get a pair in my size. Sorry about the water mark guys I usually never do that but I know these kind of pics spread like wildfire so it's just a preventative measure.

salt_20190526_193911_083.jpg

Buena Park?

A little random but does anyone know If you can make appointments in person for a bespoke at 21 Mercer? Is there a deposit? Also how long does it take to get the pair once created and is it shipped? Lastly, can I use a Nike Giftcard to pay for it? Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks again guys.

A little random but does anyone know If you can make appointments in person for a bespoke at 21 Mercer? Is there a deposit? Also how long does it take to get the pair once created and is it shipped? Lastly, can I use a Nike Giftcard to pay for it? Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks again guys.
In my experience a few years ago, you just had to call them (they gave me an email address to contact the person in charge of the program) no deposit had to be put down, took little over 6 weeks from start to delivery, not sure about paying with a gift card but I don't see why they wouldn't accept it.

In my experience a few years ago, you just had to call them (they gave me an email address to contact the person in charge of the program) no deposit had to be put down, took little over 6 weeks from start to delivery, not sure about paying with a gift card but I don't see why they wouldn't accept it.

Thanks man appreciate the info.

The Puerto Rico am1 could've been executed alot better.
In addition, it's just a good example of nike paying attention to what people do when they bespoke. During my last appointment it was casually mentioned that they talk about what I (and others) do in conference calls. I think that's a small reason why after while we see the contrast stitching, mismatch shoes and other cues that have bespoke written all over them. I know it's been done before, but I think bespoke is a direct link to what's in the mind of the real am1 enthusiast in the moment.
You can make an appointment in person, but it won't happen same day unless they are available. No deposit...shipping time varies. 3-6 months depending on a different factors...expect closer to 3 months. Yes you can use a gift card.

Last edited:
In addition, it's just a good example of nike paying attention to what people do when they bespoke. During my last appointment it was casually mentioned that they talk about what I do

You can make an appointment in person, but it won't happen same day unless they are available. No deposit...shipping time varies. 3-6 months depending on a different factors...expect closer to 3 months. Yes you can use a gift card.

Thanks man. Really appreciate that. Im completely in the dark about the whole process.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the air max 1 and the air maxim 1+
The Maxxim 1 is an improved design of the original Air max 1. The midsole is made out of a different material that's lighter in weight and provides a more cushioned feel in comparison to the Air Max 1. The Air section at the heel is also redesigned on the Air Maxxim 1. Materials used on the upper part of the shoe are not the usual leather, mesh, suede, or nubuck found on the original Air Max 1. They're all lightweight and similar to the type you would find on more technologically advanced models made by Nike.

Does anyone have any guesses as to how long Nike plans on putting the AM1 in the vault? When they did that with the Jordan 3 it felt like it was gone for a few months or a year max.

Back
Top Bottom