THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

FWIW, gbny.com has them available for "order" along with a countdown for launch. It will be interesting to see if places such as this and oneness will actually ship these as I imagine they have them in stock. How many of you are old enough to remember when Nike released the Air Bakin in 97 in their original form before they decided to recall and re-release after that firestorm?

Wow brought back memories... i remember it having something to do with it looking to similar to allah or something like that it was a long time ago forgive me.

In other Nike news, they recently pulled an af1 release due to other cultural misunderstandings: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48363024

I'm not comparing the two. We don't know why the USA air max 1 release was pulled, I'm not going to waste my energy speculating. In my own anecdotal experience, I've seen the Betsy Ross flag displayed with other symbols of conservatism locally (along with don't tread on me, NRA, etc). I live in NYC so something like that really sticks out.

Last edited:
Smh. Disappointed Nike caved in on these. They're bold enough to put out an entire Be True collection with rainbow flags all over shoes and apparel, but scared to put out a shoe with an early American flag in fear of too much controversy. What a time to be alive.
What's bold about being supportive of the LGBTQ community?

Bruh, you are next level.

Let’s break this down.

I’m all for them putting out a line for pride month. They go above and beyond and that’s dope for the people that are interested in those items. Personally I’ll never buy it though. Doesn’t mean I don’t support the cause, just doesn’t appeal to me as clothing.

The problem is that it’s now somehow seen as evil to support the founding of the US that gives these very same people interested in the “more liberal product lines” the ability to do whatever the **** they want.

Bruh, you are next level.

Let’s break this down.

I’m all for them putting out a line for pride month. They go above and beyond and that’s dope for the people that are interested in those items. Personally I’ll never buy it though. Doesn’t mean I don’t support the cause, just doesn’t appeal to me as clothing.

The problem is that it’s now somehow seen as evil to support the founding of the US that gives these very same people interested in the “more liberal product lines” the ability to do whatever the **** they want.
You're Jewish and living in Germany. Nike puts a German flag that dates to holocaust on an AM1. You cool with that or na?

6ebdab6ec137badea5ba5626af2d0b42.jpg

as a black man, i will def say that when i saw them i did ask myself, "why did they put that flag on'em". but it wasnt a big deal.

honestly, that flag stands for the same thing as the one we see today...either way, many people of color/immigrants are still going thru hell now, just as they were then. (not meaning to compare/contrast the 2)

Yeah, I don't see the difference in the Betsy Ross flag one and the one now.

There's a lack of diversity at Nike, so I wonder if they even had any indigenous or black people to ask. Before approving it and now.

Back
Top Bottom