THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Just a thought. I hope Nike listened to feedback from a large group of a people who said this could be offensive to many people. However I think this could be a marketing spin for one of their sponsored athletes (C.K) after they heard all the negative feedback they spun it into, look how great our athlete(s) are. I don't care about the shoes and if they release or not I just hope Nike was influenced by feedback and the feelings of society rather than the views or influence of one person. I can't help to think Nike spun this story to help an athlete they sponsor.
A simple Google search provided me with several instances when the flag was used by white supremacist groups and was banned from a Michigan high school because the students only brought it out when they played against a black team and wore MAGA hats as well.

79EF9180-0249-4F97-94A1-94E7AC758796.gif

Can we get back to talking about Air Max 1s?

I wanted them and was considering resale for them even after they were pulled. Once I learned that white supremacy groups use that flag like they do the Confederate flag, I'm good without them. I'd never want someone to mistakenly lump me in with those groups. It sucks that our og flag has been perverted by those groups but it is what it is. I blame them, not Nike.
Agreed, I wanted them too but not if I’m going to be mistaken for a hate pushing American.

As soon as I saw the first images of the 13 stars I thought , cool idea . Than I realized the truly divided times we live in and thought , these are gonna not go over well with ALOT of people . How could Nike not have known that these would not go over well? Ooooh well

As soon as I saw the first images of the 13 stars I thought , cool idea . Than I realized the truly divided times we live in and thought , these are gonna not go over well with ALOT of people . How could Nike not have known that these would not go over well? Ooooh well

My thoughts exactly!

Long term grail, finally came across a good pair in my size. Love this c/w.
Pic not mine- will post one when they come in. Square polka dots from I think '06.
4635-nike-air-max-1-polka-dot.jpg

I remember these. There were a couple other nice perforated am1 that we’re out back then.

Im not one to comment on politically charged topics but personally I’m extremely disappointed by the Betsy Ross flag 1s not releasing. I actually have a colonial flag in the same style (it's widely disputed Betsy Ross even designed it) that I got as a kid due to my love of the American Revolution and used to take it everywhere with me growing up. I’m a sixth generation Chinese-American, my grandpa is a US WW2 vet (1 of only 20,000 Chinese-Americans in the war) so my dad always loved to share his passion for US history. We always associated he Betsy Ross flag as a symbol of our independence from Britain, not a civil war Confederate flag marking its racist ideals separate from the Union.

Last edited:
I'm glad the flags were pulled when attention was brought to the fact that white supremacists have co-opted the Ross flag - I wouldn't expect Nike to use the "Don't Tread on Me" Gadsden flag for similar reasons.

But, I don't see how they would pull these and still produced/sold the Rebel Skulls, which have the same friggin logo as the Nazi SS concentration camp guards.
200px-SS_Totenkopf.jpg

Nike-Air-Max-1-1.jpg

I wouldn't wear either those or the Ross flags (and frankly, I've been so disgusted by this country recently that I don't wear flaggy stuff in general), but I don't get how they could see the problem with one problem logo, but not the other....

These were nice but they weren’t that nice :lol:

Some of y’all sound hurt.

This ain’t even about sneakers anymore.

Nike has made it extremely clear the type of company they are or rather the image they’d like to portray. Are they hypocrites? Maybe, but that doesn’t change the aforementioned point.

I can think of a handful of shoes that have been pulled for a myriad of reasons. Everyone will be aight lol.

If it’s that serious go rock some under armors

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom