THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Really nicer in person.:smile:
AA994368-A5D3-4D82-A662-E9E36500C857.jpeg

4032BF33-1859-438E-B0ED-119BBA816938.jpeg
Threw them in the washer and they’re like new again

Did you spray anything on them first? What kind of detergent did you use? Which cycle? Air dry, in the sun/shade?
I've never put my AM1's in the washing machine, but when I've washed ultraboosts and inikis I usually spray them first with some Shout, use a small amount of regular laundry detergent or a pod, put the shoes in a mesh laundry bag meant for delicates, put the machine on delicate cycle, and let them air dry in the shade outside or in the hot garage with an ikea shoe tree to keep the shape nice. I take the laces out first and agitate them in my hands under warm water with some detergent before putting them in the laundry bag as well. If the midsoles are pretty nasty, I'll clean them with a brush and shoe cleaner first. Results have been really nice.

Did you spray anything on them first? What kind of detergent did you use? Which cycle? Air dry, in the sun/shade?
I've never put my AM1's in the washing machine, but when I've washed ultraboosts and inikis I usually spray them first with some Shout, use a small amount of regular laundry detergent or a pod, put the shoes in a mesh laundry bag meant for delicates, put the machine on delicate cycle, and let them air dry in the shade outside or in the hot garage with an ikea shoe tree to keep the shape nice. I take the laces out first and agitate them in my hands under warm water with some detergent before putting them in the laundry bag as well. If the midsoles are pretty nasty, I'll clean them with a brush and shoe cleaner first. Results have been really nice.

Uhhh my process isn’t all that serious haha. Scrubbed them with a brush with dial soap and then threw in a pillow case on cold water and air dry. I do it for all my kicks

Uhhh my process isn’t all that serious haha. Scrubbed them with a brush with dial soap and then threw in a pillow case on cold water and air dry. I do it for all my kicks

Sorry, I kinda went in... but always curious to hear what other people do to compare to my routine. Thanks for sharing!

I’ve never washed shoes in the washing mashing before. Does it mess with the shape?
I personally wouldn't do it with air max --I've done it with flyknits/boost. You could stuff a sock or something inside just to make sure they don't get smushed

Back
Top Bottom