THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

How often do you have to reshape your AM1s or do you even have to after a couple of wears?

The brown bled into the white, or you really dropped curry on them?

these grew on to me. Looking to get a pair. Prices went up tho
It’s just the color of the suede that bled over.
theres nothing you can do to prevent it but I was hoping there was a way to clean it off.
move been applying soap and water and it’s still there slightly

lol it reminds me that i want to reshape a 2013 AM1 essential pink/white fakeleather/mesh for my niece (size women 38 & in hands it was so square and so banana shaped that i dropped and said to myself "it's not possible" lol (the material also ^^ fake stiff leather, it never gives a good result, it's not like felt or daim/suede)

the shape of this pair was awful! (i remember, thin & strange tongue with no padding, elastic material ^^ beurkkk)

edit: it was that one :rofl: (looks better in picture than in hands ^^ all the materials used were bad... so cheap in hands...)
nike-wmns-air-max-1-essential-599820-116.jpg

Last edited:
Latest pickups from early in the week. Took a while for them to arrive but i gotta say it was well worth the wait.
size? Dawns and Have a Nike Day "Indigo Storm"
DAWN_HAVE A NIKE DAY.JPG

Happy Easter y'all!
Been trying to find the hind in my size for a decent price, love the colorway on those.

Looks good I’d probably lace over the lace holes instead of under though. You get a big gap at the bottom your way

so the toebox and mudguard is permanently creased?
Yes the creases are the result of too much material being used and then forced into a smaller shape. This is the first time ive seen someone post an accurate representation of what a reshaped ID looks like. Most people reshape them and then post a pic with the tree still in, or at the perfect angle where you dont see the creases.

Yes the creases are the result of too much material being used and then forced into a smaller shape. This is the first time ive seen someone post an accurate representation of what a reshaped ID looks like. Most people reshape them and then post a pic with the tree still in, or at the perfect angle where you dont see the creases.
Imo, I think you don't see the creases with other reshape jobs because the changes aren't as drastic as yours is. Not saying yours is bad or other jobs are bad etc.

I don't think I've ever had a perfect pair of 1s in the sense that the toe box was perfect out of the box. Some were better than others. But for my preferred shape, it has taken a little doctoring. Even my bespokes have needed to be doctored. All of my 1s toe boxes can stand on their own without show trees though.

Last edited:
Imo, I think you don't see the creases with other reshape jobs because the changes aren't as drastic as yours is. Not saying yours is bad or other jobs are bad etc.

I don't think I've ever had a perfect pair of 1s in the sense that the toe box was perfect out of the box. Some were better than others. But for my preferred shape, it has taken a little doctoring. Even my bespokes have needed to be doctored. All of my 1s toe boxes can stand on their own without show trees though.

hmm, no offense but there are good shapes/toeboxes out of the box, without tree, paper or anything! E.g. Annies, Schematics, 1st pinacle pack and even some of my GRs were straight fire out of the box! Maybe it's a 50:50 thing. Tbh sometimes I've bough 2,3,4 even 5 pairs of one model to make one good pair of them. But still, it's worth imo.

And thx to V vig09 for posting the pic from bird view. Well done, but the creasing would bother me.

Been trying to find the hind in my size for a decent price, love the colorway on those.
yeah, for a DS pair there was no chance in my size, ended up biting the bullet on a used pair with some dirty soles. cleaned em up this past weekend and look damn near new, but yeah the colorway is dope on these compared to the us release

Reactions: 907
hmm, no offense but there are good shapes/toeboxes out of the box, without tree, paper or anything! E.g. Annies, Schematics, 1st pinacle pack and even some of my GRs were straight fire out of the box! Maybe it's a 50:50 thing. Tbh sometimes I've bough 2,3,4 even 5 pairs of one model to make one good pair of them. But still, it's worth imo.

And thx to V vig09 for posting the pic from bird view. Well done, but the creasing would bother me.

creasing never bothered me especially on these since I’ll just wear them into the ground

Im gonna reshape my ids but I just want less of a box look and not going for that old school shape so hopeful they don’t crease as bad.

You guys are helpful. I'm planning on reshaping my IDs when they arrive and I want to make sure I do them correctly.

None taken. Toe box shape is a personal preference. Some prefer different shape than others. For me, every pair I can think of, (that I have) has needed some attention. Not alot of doctoring, but definitely some.

Keep in mind, I don't iron any of my toe boxes. Just shoe trees, moisture and thumb pressure

Back
Top Bottom