THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I doubled on the grey as well. They were my favourite pair of the pack and in general. I wish I bought more pairs especially as they were going pretty cheap at one point.
no breds and only 1 working blue for me.

quality, shape, material is really on point on em...

well done! Would like to see the safari from bird eye. They turned out great on that pice!
Personally Im still refusing the reshape, better not buying at all. Maybe I'll cave on those IDs. **** Nike...
Here's the top down view.
20200519_100335.jpg

I’m really curious as to how you trimmed them. I would have figured it would turn into a mess, but it looks nice and uniform. Great job
First off thank you. It isn't easy and there were several points where I thought I had messed up bad. It's definitely worth it and makes them a lot more wearable.

So to begin I took some clippers to them on the highest setting (lever down) progressively getting lower till the lowest setting (lever up). Then I went over them very gently 'with the grain' with a handheld beard trimmer (I wouldn't use a mains powered as they may be too powerful) until I got them as close to the desired length. My inner sadist/perfectionist couldn't let it go so I then moistened the odd parts and went over them with a razor. I wouldn't advise this if you are not confident or don't have a steady hand that being said the effect with electric clippers is still pretty good.

20200519_093212.jpg

Maybe it's just the hype, but these honestly seem significantly nicer than any pair of air max I can think of off the top of my head. The suede sockliner is amazing, and the materials just feel more quality than I'm used to. Does anyone know if Nike put out a good breakdown of exactly what materials were used on these? I was worried that I'd regret spending over 3 bills on a pair, but I couldn't be happier with these.

What's your reshape method on these two?
No reshape on the black/red pair just a good shoe tree. On the safaris I applied water to the toe of the shoe and moisten a t-shirt(white)/cloth of choice apply to stuffed moist toebox and then iron to desired shape always ensuring that shoe and cloth remain somewhat moist at all times. You may need to repeat multiple times for maybe 2-5 minutes always checking the condition of shoe on every application of the iron. I only did it once and did not have to repeat.

Last edited:
20200519_093212.jpg

Maybe it's just the hype, but these honestly seem significantly nicer than any pair of air max I can think of off the top of my head. The suede sockliner is amazing, and the materials just feel more quality than I'm used to. Does anyone know if Nike put out a good breakdown of exactly what materials were used on these? I was worried that I'd regret spending over 3 bills on a pair, but I couldn't be happier with these.
i feel you! The sock liner material is something else on these.

20200519_093212.jpg

Na not just the hype. The materials are great on them.

No reshape on the black/red pair just a good shoe tree. On the safaris I applied water to the toe of the shoe and moisten a t-shirt(white)/cloth of choice apply to stuffed moist toebox and then iron to desired shape always ensuring that shoe and cloth remain somewhat moist at all times. You may need to repeat multiple times for maybe 2-5 minutes always checking the condition of shoe on every application of the iron. I only did it once and did not have to repeat.

I had to look them up after your pics and I can’t believe what these are selling for now. $500+!?!. Again, great job on making them what they should have been from the start

Whoa didn't even realize those Londons had a suede sock liner. Kind of a weird choice right?

idk what it is, honestly. Not sure if it's suede or what. Really nice though. The insole is a different material too.
Screenshot_20200519-124446_Photos.jpg

I'm not home to get a better picture, but I'm pretty sure that's suede. This is why I was hoping there was an official writeup about the materials used somewhere.

20200519_093212.jpg

God I cannot wait until mine show up. Damn slow post!

Reactions: 907
Back
Top Bottom