THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Okay, here's the deal - hopefully this will make sense to you. As @AIRMAXDISCIPLE already mentioned above, the original 'Big Bubble' design of the AM1 was in fact released (not just a sample or anything like that). However, a plethora of both production and user issues quickly had Nike make revisions to the design of the midsole. This means the original 'Big Bubble' versions only were produced in relatively limited numbers (both '2377 Red' and '2477 Blue') before the change. As for the 1986 vs 1987 thing; production of the AM1s began in 1986, but were not released til 1987. There's always some confusion on the year people refer to for various styles, because some are referencing the production date(s) that they see on the size label, while others refer to the release date. Generally, a lot of people tend to use the production dates on older pairs - probably because they weren't into these shoes back then and don't remember when they released, while using the release date for more recent pairs. Hopefully this helps.

PS: The 'Urawa' are not from 2005. They were released in Japan only in 2004 as a tribute to the Red Diamonds winning the 2003 Nabisco Cup.
So the big bubble was made in 86 and sold in early 87? And then the small air bag came out later 87? That makes sense and explains the difference. Appreciate that explanation.

Good catch on Urawa. Just checked mine and they are 4/20/04.

Cybill Shepherd from Moonlighting in some OG AM1 apparently
1590058764451153.jpg

haven’t been in the thread in awhile, think I’m gonna cop these ones but just wondering if anybody has them and wanted to know their thoughts on them in hand

Attachments

• AF6B2B60-BE41-4874-A1D8-65947D808AB4.png
    AF6B2B60-BE41-4874-A1D8-65947D808AB4.png
    839 KB · Views: 578
I figured since they used the martian term i thought it would be some type of orange mixed into it. May need to pass on these since i already got the dates and sages.

Anyone pick up the wipe away pair? Curious as to what they are like in person.

Mine are trash. Entered the END raffle, then forgot to cancel it when I saw more image of the shoes come out, ended up with my first raffle win ever haha. They got here and they are creased to hell on the collar and toebox. Was gonna return them, but then id be out shipping them back, so just gonna hold onto them, maybe try and sell in the future or use as beaters.

Can anyone with dawns comment on fit? My size is impossible to find but +/- 0.5 size is available and reasonably priced, so thinking about picking up one of them. Leaning towards sizing up but wondered if they fit any different than normal.

Mine fit true to my normal AM1 size. I wouldn’t Be able to go up or down.

Guess you could alway size up and use an insole though

Can anyone with dawns comment on fit? My size is impossible to find but +/- 0.5 size is available and reasonably priced, so thinking about picking up one of them. Leaning towards sizing up but wondered if they fit any different than normal.
I ended up with .5 up and they're fine for me.

Appreciate it fellas. I sized up on a pair of anni obsidians and it wasn’t an issue really, so hoping dawns will be the same. Really wish I bought them when they were like 200$ for my size, but didn’t think they’d disappear all together in my size and when they do pop up it’s for an hour at like 600$. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom