THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

7A828686-7C55-42B9-9019-068F5E1D02F9.jpeg

Man I just missed on elephants in a Phoenix shop. They had an 11 and I called to make a trade. They would’ve gone for it but the elephants had been sold and just not removed from their site yet. So close.

The hunt continues.

I'm still not sold on the waves man.. one of the good things about 'em is the toe shape on the monarchs tho, it's probably the best toe we've seen in the retro era. Man those blacks look so bad ha.

It is weird how the toe box shape on the Monarchs are different from the other 2 pairs that have released so far. You would assume all 4 pairs would have the same build.

It is weird how the toe box shape on the Monarchs are different from the other 2 pairs that have released so far. You would assume all 4 pairs would have the same build.
The 'Monarch' were made at a different factory than 'Noise Aqua'. I haven't seen what factory the 'Rush Maroon' were produced at yet, but if they're similar in structure to the 'Noise Aqua', I'm assuming they were made at the same facility. Nike produces Air Max 1 at several factories, many times simultaneously, so there are bound to be some discrepancies even within the same styles. In its entirety, Nike currently produces footwear at about 130 different factories.

The 'Monarch' were made at a different factory than 'Noise Aqua'. I haven't seen what factory the 'Rush Maroon' were produced at yet, but if they're similar in structure to the 'Noise Aqua', I'm assuming they were made at the same facility. Nike produces Air Max 1 at several factories, many times simultaneously, so there are bound to be some discrepancies even within the same styles. In its entirety, Nike currently produces footwear at about 130 different factories.

128189D5-4E8B-457E-BB51-3F6F6DCF7883.gif

**** the government. good for nuthin. double taxing

Technically the gov't only taxes the gain on the resale (the resell price received less the amount initially paid) so they're not double taxing anything. Rather, they're just taxing the full amount of the gain on the goods sold and the tax is divided between the manufacturer, (retailer), and reseller.

We could just let Nike sell directly on the secondary market and they would have to pay taxes on that same sale price. You would no longer profit as a reseller, but hey at least you wouldn't have to pay taxes!

Much appreciation to rickross rickross for the Monarchs. Proving the community aspect of NT can still exist with a solid oop instead of a resell flip. Thank you, hope to return the favor some day.
12A3D317-3D90-4D71-AD5A-649FD5444A80.jpeg
info on the denim? they look like they don't have elastane which I hate...may be in the market for a new pair of jeans

C233D65B-F65B-4D27-B66C-12A79171D306.jpeg

late slip.jpg

Last edited:
info on the denim? they look like they don't have elastane which I hate...may be in the market for a new pair of jeans

C233D65B-F65B-4D27-B66C-12A79171D306.jpeg

late slip.jpg
Reluctant to say these are Old Navy jeans 85% cotton, 13% polyester, 2% elastane. Used to only buy Levi’s 511 and 512 but they are 99% cotton and blow out in the knees and seat after an hour or two and the crotch rips easily. Tried these because every other jean I tried felt like leggings. I was surprised at the durability and fit, because I don’t wear anything else from Old Navy because it’s all poor quality to me and doesn’t last. I’m not a denim head either so I don’t go for the premium jeans.

Reluctant to say these are Old Navy jeans 85% cotton, 13% polyester, 2% elastane. Used to only buy Levi’s 511 and 512 but they are 99% cotton and blow out in the knees and seat after an hour or two and the crotch rips easily. Tried these because every other jean I tried felt like leggings. I was surprised at the durability and fit, because I don’t wear anything else from Old Navy because it’s all poor quality to me and doesn’t last. I’m not a denim head either so I don’t go for the premium jeans.

which fit? i've looked through a bunch of them and couldn't find the same material construction.

which fit? i've looked through a bunch of them and couldn't find the same material construction.
Labeled super skinny but fit like a slim pant, at least on me.

Back
Top Bottom