THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

F6049F3F-36A3-4D68-A6C5-AE3AFAE1A832.jpeg

An interlude between Patta posts.
Have to bring back a patta x parra collab!!!

Has anyone received invoices from Union for the black pair ? Haven't heard anyone hit so I'm wondering if I'm **** out of luck and should just pull of StockX 🤷‍♂️

Black pair does absolutely zero for me. Boring colorway and worst of the pack. Seen some on feet pics of the Maroons where they look great, can’t say the same for blacks - just meh. It’s ok, but nothing spectacular. Must be a huge difference in person since everyone’s so excited haha.

Man that seems to be every shoe. Sometimes more pics, especially in hand ones, can change your mind. I wasn’t big on the shade of the monarch wave at first, would’ve rather had the noise aqua because some pics looked darker. Once I saw more photos I ended up preferring the monarch colorway and that’s the only one I got.

However, it’s the venom spewing folks who flip later that are ridiculous. Lots of people weren’t feeling the wave concept as a whole but people still copped. This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, but there are too many people worried about having what others think is cool.

P.S. The lack of awareness of the Amsterdams was a head scratcher. Trying to cut people some slack because I was new to collecting AM1s a few years ago. Always admired from a distance, just didn’t own any.

Black pair has geriatric vibes. I'm too young for the retirement home. I just don't like predominantly black leather shoes because they generally have that look to them.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and can change their mind whenever they’d like. That’s being human. I will say though that when it comes to sneakers, a lot of folks care more about what others think and follow the hype vs their own genuine taste. I think the consensus sways a lot of people more than it should. That’s why you see a lot of extreme takes on here. One day a shoe is trash…next week it’s a “grail”.

Some people don’t realize that seeing shoes in hand is different from seeing just a picture. Pictures don’t always capture the real look of a shoe. I thought the Union AJ 4 looked great in pictures and I saw it in hand and was very underwhelmed. I had the opposite reaction to the black Wave. Wasn’t impressed in pics but in hand I am very impressed. 🤷‍♂️

Here's also to the many people who didn't like the waves at first and made their displeasure known and now it's all you really see here :lol:

I hope Nike collabs with Parra again, I did not like their previous release at all, but I do appreciate their willingness to try something completely different.

Back
Top Bottom