THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Just a regular GR for today. Think I picked these up for like 60 green backs a few years ago. 

Attachments

• 20211224_132658.jpg
    20211224_132658.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 203
Not sure how many different pairs I‘ve copped from 2016-2018, maybe ~80 pairs?!? But still missed out on some. There were just too many releases, especially 2017/18. Great days!
Those were definitely the years for Air Maxes! 97s, 93s, 98s, 180s, etc. Gosh I wish I wasn't broke back then. I wouldve copped way more than I did. At least I was able to get Silver Bullet 97s and Menthol 93s just to name a few

Back when? I'm assuming you're referring to that pair from 2019. And slept on by whom? I mean, how old are you???
I mean post anniversary, there were a lot of great gr releases since then, and what's up with all the questions? Why does it matter how old i am? Its a fact a lot of the general releases made it to sales, or were you not into them at the time?

Im fully aware dude has a killer collection, but his reply to me replying to someone on how they got a steal on some nice shoes came off like a ****.

I remember the 103 reds being readily available at Champs to the point that I ordered a pair with messed up padding and i x changed for a better pair at the mall. Also bought armory navy and vast grey (amongst others) on sale, lots went on sale. 2018 was a good time.

It’s shocking to search for air max 1 on Nike and see the words “product not available”. A classic model with none available to buy. Nike plays too much.

I remember the 103 reds being readily available at Champs to the point that I ordered a pair with messed up padding and i x changed for a better pair at the mall. Also bought armory navy and vast grey (amongst others) on sale, lots went on sale. 2018 was a good time.

It’s shocking to search for air max 1 on Nike and see the words “product not available”. A classic model with none available to buy. Nike plays too much.
Yea I wouldn't say they were slept on, just the market was flooded. And now it's dry as can be. Pretty word to go from one extreme to another in 2-3 years. A while back there was talk of "putting am1 in the vault" and I'd say that was accurate. There wasn't a ton of pairs in 2020 and 2021 was even worse.

Yea I wouldn't say they were slept on, just the market was flooded. And now it's dry as can be. Pretty word to go from one extreme to another in 2-3 years. A while back there was talk of "putting am1 in the vault" and I'd say that was accurate. There wasn't a ton of pairs in 2020 and 2021 was even worse.
Agreed. I don’t think we slept on them just waited out discounts because back then you could do that. It wasn’t like now where we have to buy now think later in this manufactured scarcity market. I remember the “vault” info being posted and Nike did that for sure. I sounded like a conspiracy theorist back then but it’s come true. They’ve stopped GR releases and started doing collabs generating interest/hype. Denhams, Pattas, Travis Scotts, Clots and I’m sure I‘m forgetting more. Last GRs were what, LV8s and Live Together Play Together?

I passed on so many GRs that I wish I hadn't - especially the mangos. Still came away with a decent stash over the last few years tho...
AM1s.png

I really slowed after being one of the many that got their evergreen order cancelled when it dropped out of nowhere on nike during the start of the pandemic.

Still waiting on an actual chili re-release tho lol

Still waiting on an actual chili re-release tho lol
I used to constantly wish the Chilli and Teals would come back with new old shape but ever gonna happen. Those dark age chilling reds (below) are as close as it's come. I ended up bespoking my own teal pair ha.
537383-060.jpg

:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom