THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'm not the one who deviated from the topic at hand, the air max 1. anyway,

happy this pair now fits comfortably, will def be in my rotation now
Folks have spoken on the jeans or pants that fellas wear.... not sure if no show socks have been talked about though lol

When your “lifestyle choices” adversely effect others by causing illnesses like cancer and strokes then yeah, people are well within their rights to judge the **** out of you.

Shoes lookin good though.
Okay my guy sure.. Could we get back to the shoes?

Just curious if there are any other pairs that run small like the curry before I make the same mistake twice?

I’m excited for these concepts collab but I know these will def be harder to get than the Pattas. :smh:

Uhh are these the big bubble ones? I saw these women samples on Mercari

Screenshot_20220301-075537_Mercari.jpg
Screenshot_20220301-075553_Mercari.jpg
Screenshot_20220301-075602_Mercari.jpg
Screenshot_20220301-075617_Mercari.jpg

Last edited:
wtf? And what happened to the mudguard?

They look fake to me...

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by those women's big bubbles. Have we seen any nikes made in korea at all in recent years? Anything I've gotten that I can think of was made in China or Vietnam.

yikes..... nike really trynna milk the AM1 utters like they did the dunks..... Is this the same company that made an intiative on 'move to zero'??? Or was that a green wash they've decided to leave back in 2019?? If that's the case, let's atleast burn on earth w/ some fire colorways.

yikes..... nike really trynna milk the AM1 utters like they did the dunks..... Is this the same company that made an intiative on 'move to zero'??? Or was that a green wash they've decided to leave back in 2019?? If that's the case, let's atleast burn on earth w/ some fire colorways.
I'll reiterate this each time I see someone compare am1s to dunks - Nike drove the am1 hype first. Air max day started up in 2014, turned into air max month. Led to vote back in 2016, vote for best design (wotherspoon), then 2017 we got atmos elephant retros, sean wotherspoon 97/1, and anniversarys. Most importantly they updated and improved the silhouette. Then a plethora of GRs from 2017-2020, plenty of collabs and quickstrikes, too.

Dunk hype started glimmering in 2017 with the 15 years of SB campaign and the sweepstakes where shops offered a raffle ticket to win a DS grail if they purchased a pair of SBs. Then retros/rehashes came later in 2017 and into 2018 like black pigeons, purple lobsters, black and white diamond dunk lows. Celebrity influencers played a big part in driving up hype as well. 2019 and 2020 is when non-SB dunks picked up and then they dominated the rest of 2020 and 2021, in addition to an unprecedented amount of SB collabs.

You are right about corporate green washing. It is impossible for an apparel/shoe manufacturer the size of nike to ever be anywhere near sustainable.

TL;DR air max 1s were milked first, dunks followed in the wake

vinnuendo vinnuendo that's true, i totally agree.

I would say there were better efforts on am1 colorways around that time before the resurgence of dunks. We know by nature dunks have a crazy range; they can have the bttys look or they can get as wild as the CPFM collab :lol:. I don't think that same design approach can work on a model like the AM1. I just hope nike dials back and just give us some colorways with real taste. But we can literally say that for any line within nike/jordan brand, they're just focus on the dollar atp.

Back
Top Bottom