THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Some people just love wearing tight/snug shoes apparently. Only way I can justify the nonsense I’m reading about sizing today. So all of the sudden Pattas and Concepts “run big” to the point where one would need to size down? SMH lies. No way I’d ever go down in size on any of my AM1. Just an unnecessary thing to do. Dudes are so quick to size down because of a tiny minuscule bit of length in the toebox but seem to not realize that going down decreases the length AND width of the shoe. Why risk your feet edging over the midsole like a busted can of biscuits because some random dude on NT who doesn’t know their true size told you to size down? Choose wisely.
I size down on all am1. I have a few and I promise I'm not lying. I'm 10.5 in am1 and af1 and 11 in everything else.

I size down on all am1. I have a few and I promise I'm not lying. I'm 10.5 in am1 and af1 and 11 in everything else.
Wow that’s interesting. So considering the fact that you size down in all of your AM1s wouldn’t you say that’s more so your own personal preference rather and a general rule of thumb that AM1 fit a half size big? Would you really tell people to go down .5 size in all AM1s just because you do? IMO that would be very misleading to suggest to other folks to go down a half size knowing it’s really just your own personal preference. These aren’t 990 series NBs. AM1s generally fit TTS. That’s the baseline. Any suggestions stating otherwise is really just a preference thing. I have several upon several pairs of AM1s too, all in my true size 10. Every last one of them fit perfect. To each his own. You guys are something else.

UNDS’ed my 2nd pair of these. First pair turned into beaters. My favorite GR of the last 5 years. So clean.
54E85BE9-DE8D-45EE-BD30-CD9A28B8AA6A.jpeg

SMH that’s very interesting. So considering the fact that you size down in all of your AM1s wouldn’t you say that’s more so your own personal preference rather and a general rule of thumb that AM1 fit a half size big? Would you really tell people to go down .5 size in all AM1s just because you do? IMO that would be very misleading to suggest to other folks to go down a half size knowing it’s really just your own personal preference. These aren’t 990 series NBs. AM1s generally fit TTS. That’s the baseline. Any suggestions stating otherwise is really just a preference thing. I have several upon several pairs of AM1s too, all in my true size 10. Every last one of them fit perfect. To each his own. You guys are something else.
I don't tell anyone what to do. I just give my personal experience. Yes, I think am1 fit a tick big. My tts is really like a 10.75. With am1 running a little big, I go 10.5.

And am1 do fit different. Anniversary pairs are much more narrow than say the 2018 spring pack. SW run big. Curry pack is small. All am1 are not the same.

And as of today, I can say TS do run a tick big. I had heel slip all day bc I went size 11 bc I was worried about the different upper.

So no, I'll never tell anyone what to do. I'll give my personal opinion, and that opinion is that if you're between sizes, go down in am1 bc they do run a little bigger than say an am90.

Sizing talk is always interesting since our feet are unique and not even our own left and right feet are the same.

I wear an 11 in Jordans and Nikes except AF1s which are a 10.5. I’ve owned Adidas, Pumas, and NB, all size 10.5. I didn’t wear Nikes for the longest time because they all fit narrow to me until I tried an 11. Leading me to believe I’m a true 10.5 but size up to an 11 to accommodate narrow Nikes. AF1s are a wider toe box so I can still wear 10.5.

I find the Concepts and Pattas to fit the slightest bit longer but not enough to wear a 10.5.

Sizing talk is always interesting since our feet are unique and not even our own left and right feet are the same.
1000%

Just based not he conversation today, it really is pointless. I would say my TTS where the shoe fits comfortably with adequate room for toes. That "just right" feel.

My sizing is:
Jordan 1: 10.5
AF1: Size 10
Dunks: Size 10.5
AM90: Size 11 (except Bacons were 10.5)
Vans: Size 10
Yeezy 350: size 11
EDIT: AM1 :Size 10.5

Based on the above, I consider my TTS a 10.5. Never went down on an AM1 ever, can't even fathom doing that.

Like I said before, when people int he thread say go TTS , I interpret it to mean go with your normal size.

Last edited:
1000%

Just based not he conversation today, it really is pointless. I would say my TTS where the shoe fits comfortably with adequate room for toes. That "just right" feel.

My sizing is:
Jordan 1: 10.5
AF1: Size 10
Dunks: Size 10.5
AM90: Size 11 (except Bacons were 10.5)
Vans: Size 10
Yeezy 350: size 11

Based on the above, I consider my TTS a 10.5. Never went down on an AM1 ever, can't even fathom doing that.

Like I said before, when people int he thread say go TTS , I interpret it to mean go with your normal size.
You didn't say what your AM1s are lol

I am always a half size up on AM1s, which sucks because that's a 12.5. Almost always a half size up on 90s too, but more recent pairs seen to be better.

Hopefully these current prices on the Kasinas hold next week when SNKRS/boutique pairs land.

I’m hoping to slide someone on OfferUp $200 and grab one. Then I’m done for a minute, it’s been an expensive few months.
Boutiques? Are you from the U.K.? I went to my local boutique (states) and the dude that I always talk to, told me he didn’t see the kasina on the list or a late shipment.

Speaking of sizing... I remember when I used to work at Footlocker. There was a guy that came in and asked for a size 11 of a shoe. I brought it out and he claimed they were too small. He had kind of a wide foot but he clearly was not an 11 and then asked for a 12. I brought it out and and he still thought it was too small and wanted a bigger size. At that point, I was just annoyed and proceeded to measure his foot. Dude was a size 7 in length and prob a EE in width. I told him that if the shoe is narrow, sizing up 5 sizes isn't going to make it worth. He got offended and walked out. I know some people that will never size down in shoes. Prob hurts their ego.

Back
Top Bottom