THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The hemp/burlap material ripped so there was no way they were using that again. And honestly I like how they flipped the upper to being darker than the toebox. The swoosh pops more on the darker upper. It's not a 1/1 of the og but thats ok, the new pair is fantastic. If it was just a new release with no past, I don't think anyone would say it's not great.

I'm trying to like them, but I was so excited when they said they were re-releasing the Crepes and I was expecting a faithful re-creation. I think I would have been happy if they at least got the colors right.

Just waiting for the Ugly Duckling cws. Those would be my favorite and first AM1 releases that I scoop up this year (NBY doesn’t count! lol)

PXL_20220902_203219676.jpg

Yeah, these are official.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would say nailed. I hate to say it, but putting them side by side the new pair looks like a knock off of the OGs. I don't know why they changed the burlap material (maybe due to tearing,) but the colors on the new pair don't match the OGs.

ZQev4LkZ7-VZVJVVXgg7TZwxVV5cbZbhZRyN1HvPOwQ.jpg

One thing's for sure, the Swoosh on the OG pair is way better. The leather Swoosh on the upcoming retro looks like the terrible leather Swoosh that came with the recent Air Max 1 IDs.

I'm nitpicking though, because these upcoming retros are a must.

Thinking of pulling trigger on white pattas 270-280 shipped. doesn’t feel too bad at all and no doubt these will be at least 300+ by next spring

Back
Top Bottom