THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

1664369314379.png
Those just showed up on SNKRS-JP as Hangul Day…
1D201F7C-5DF1-4397-A666-CCA6EEDA7848.jpeg

You've probably been asked this there a million times but.....how do you manage being a sneaker enthusiast in Alaska? I'm in Michigan and the winters here definitely inhibit my rotation. Late May to Early November is the best. We might make it to Thanksgiving. But, once snow hits it gets rough. Especially for most air max 1s unless they have a leather/patent leather mudguard. Between rain/mud/snow/salt, it's not a matter of how will they get ruined but when. Unless you just don't care at all about your sneakers getting super beat. Personally, I wear everything. But I'm still cleaning after every wear, even the soles. Once made the mistake of skipping that step with a pair I wore to an outdoor Christmas event. No snow but a lot of salt. There then in the box until that spring only to find the nastiest salt stains that refused to be eradicated.
I'm in southeast Alaska (Juneau specifically), so I'm on the coast and far enough south that you probably get colder winters than we do. That said, this IS still a rainforest with roughly 250 days a year with some type of precipitation, so there's definitely a few stacks of stuff that I can't pull out very often, and I'm like you when it comes to cleaning stuff before they get put away. I also try and stick to a rotation when it's REALLY ****ty with a foot of slush on the ground with ice underneath. Winterized jordan 4s and 12s, am 1 and 90 sneakerboots, goretex am1s, and a few others that I can't recall offhand.

I gotta ask...

Anyone know if the Gorge Green joints fit more like the patta releases or the treeline/mudder root?
(If they both fit the same to you, this question isn't for you)

Meanwhile the OG dirty denim pack didn't even use denim, right? Still look much better IMO.
Nope no denim. I’ve worn these so much for over 10 years and the leather still feels buttery. And they don’t even look too bad in those pics. Midsole still feels good but the outer sole is peeling off

Those just showed up on SNKRS-JP as Hangul Day…
1D201F7C-5DF1-4397-A666-CCA6EEDA7848.jpeg
These could have really been something if they'd executed right on the materials and swoosh. And the bubble. And... well, everything. LOL. And looking at these, NIKE, bring back the OG Healthwalkers!

I'm in southeast Alaska (Juneau specifically), so I'm on the coast and far enough south that you probably get colder winters than we do. That said, this IS still a rainforest with roughly 250 days a year with some type of precipitation, so there's definitely a few stacks of stuff that I can't pull out very often, and I'm like you when it comes to cleaning stuff before they get put away. I also try and stick to a rotation when it's REALLY ****ty with a foot of slush on the ground with ice underneath. Winterized jordan 4s and 12s, am 1 and 90 sneakerboots, goretex am1s, and a few others that I can't recall offhand.
Insulated winter boots of some kind for the kid in the wintertime. Too old to play games with that hawk outside.

For those that own the gray Kasina AM1s, how do you like them?
I like them a lot. The base color is more of a dark teal than a blue which is good or bad depending (good to me), the leather doesn't crease badly, all the materials are soft to the touch, the finer details like mini swoosh and fur quarter panels add a nice bit of pop, and the concept-to-reality of making a shoe inspired by wood ducks was executed perfectly. IMO they'd be good with grey laces, too.

quick question for you guys, you can surely help me out

was the AM1 Cherrywood released as part of the fifth anniversery collection by Patta or is the sneaker part of the rivalry collection? in my opinion, it clearly belongs to the fifth anniversery collection, just because of the Insole and the bag that was given away at the release. It also makes no sense to release only 4 pairs for the 5th anniversary... But I also hear other things from time to time
parra.jpg

Back
Top Bottom