THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Screenshot_20230305_095638_Instagram.jpg

Should’ve copped that sz 12W in Summit Safaris…

As dope as they are I keep playing around with the thought of buying. I’ve had multiple chances too. Had that 12 carted ready to complete order, just didn’t do it.

Here's the Sneaker Freaker post about it. Good read, but this part right here is all I gotta know:

"The big bubble is definitely back, with it being, at the very least, noticeably longer than the ‘Anniversary’. See that extra ‘chamber’ in the Air unit? Sat around this visible tech is a different foam midsole, which has a seam running on either side of the ‘window’ edges. The foam is also noticeably smooth – and a little squishier than before. This means the material has likely changed, resulting in a different on-foot feel as well."

Info on the sweats?

My son starting to get pretty active on the weekends so I'm relegated to dad fits a lot I but a ton their sweats to make it easy. I also like that they are blanks.

Should’ve copped that sz 12W in Summit Safaris…

As dope as they are I keep playing around with the thought of buying. I’ve had multiple chances too. Had that 12 carted ready to complete order, just didn’t do it.
I'm with you, I probably had the ones you had carted, but that's enough to tell us (you and I), that we really don't need it, FOMO needs it.

My son starting to get pretty active on the weekends so I'm relegated to dad fits a lot I but a ton their sweats to make it easy. I also like that they are blanks.
Much apprieciated!

the shape of the toe box looks a little weird to me. idk i they just over stuffed the shoe, but they also look much wider than the anniversaries.

How's the comfort (midsole compression) on the anniversaries? Better than the standard AM1 brick feel?

That's too bad. I remember back in the day each step was so amazing, even for little kids. The compression felt like revolutionary technology compared to the dense foam of typical shoes on the market then. It blows my mind that Nike can't/won't replicate that with the AM1, 90s, and 95s. Only exception I've felt is the Infrared 90s from 2020, which really have that OG squish to them. Why Nike, why?!

That's too bad. I remember back in the day each step was so amazing, even for little kids. The compression felt like revolutionary technology compared to the dense foam of typical shoes on the market then. It blows my mind that Nike can't/won't replicate that with the AM1, 90s, and 95s. Only exception I've felt is the Infrared 90s from 2020, which really have that OG squish to them. Why Nike, why?!

From what I know is the soles used to be made from a squishier foam. I want to say it was an open pore foam that had more air in it? I can't remember exactly. The problem was that the midsoles crumbled much faster, and you would bottom the midsole out quicker. You see this with running shoes, you can make a very light and airy foam, but give up durability and stability. That's why some race shoes are only good for 100 miles, which seems like a lot but when you are running marathons it's not.

Back
Top Bottom