THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

You copped some other 87s from 2022/23 yet?

Imo there were few great releases. Even with those weird aged mids!

Yeah - Shimas just came in, got the far out concepts (used the coasters more than I've worn the shoes tho), crepes and Kasina orange last year.. been slowing down a bit over the last couple of years but still in for a few pairs every now and then... Forgot I had 3 pairs of Londons so been wearing those a bunch lately too :nthat:

Yeah I understand. Sure these will work of course but they are not the standard AM1 laces that converse used to have on their site. These new laces they have use a more condensed/compact weave pattern and it’s okay but far from the traditional standard laces they used to carry.
Is there a standard am1 lace? It feels like every pair gets something different these days.

Yeah - Shimas just came in, got the far out concepts (used the coasters more than I've worn the shoes tho), crepes and Kasina orange last year.. been slowing down a bit over the last couple of years but still in for a few pairs every now and then... Forgot I had 3 pairs of Londons so been wearing those a bunch lately too :nthat:
Coasters?

Coasters?
IMG_2110.JPG
There was loads of crazy stuff in the box inc coasters like 7" vinyls

I think I missed the 40 and only am seeing 10% now. Damn. Been waiting for some disco pairs near $100 and treelines woulda been perfect

I think they might have messed up the disco it's over now. I saw some pretty new 90s that had the discount applied which didn't seem correct.

I think it was just a 1 hour flash sale. The price wasn't wild, they've been that low on those pairs before. Madder Roots were low $80's at one point. The Nike reps on chat literally know nothing other than what to say to get you to log off. The app had a tab that said flash sale 40% off, wasn't just a random glitch on pairs. Maybe something was added that wasn't supposed to be but I don't think it was am1. Those pairs need to be 40% off at this point.

maybe I’m out of the loop or missing something but why isn’t Nike hyping up Air Max Day/Air Max Month? 🤷‍♂️
I feel like previous years there was always a big buzz for Air Max the entire month. There seems to be no mention or hype of anything for it this year/month…

maybe I’m out of the loop or missing something but why isn’t Nike hyping up Air Max Day/Air Max Month? 🤷‍♂️
I feel like previous years there was always a big buzz for Air Max the entire month. There seems to be no mention or hype of anything for it this year/month…
They don’t have to do much anymore. Social media is THE hype machine.

Last edited:
They do this campaigning method with everything. They build things up and then roll it off. They had a big thing with the VaporMax in 2017 at that same time, and they tapered way off of that. They had a big women's initiative/campaign that was huge, and then that tapered off for the most part... although the time they were campaigning this, Nike was facing scrutiny for the harassment news within the offices, I think. I know there were some other ones, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom