THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Screenshot_20230324_004231_Chrome.jpg

Still torn on what Big Bubble size to get between 10.5 and 11. I have most of my AM1s in 10.5 but they don't all feel the same. Curious for some POVs of people who have the Men's Big Bubble based on these:
2018 Atmos Animal 10.5 - Good with medium-thin socks
2018 White/Red Restock 10.5 - A bit tight
2021 CLOT Kiss of Death 10.5 - Good with thick socks, could probably do a 10
Noise Aqua Patta 10.5 - Good with medium-thin socks
Rush Maroon Patta 10.5 - A bit tight
Concepts Heavy 10.5 - Good
Grey/Blue Kasina 11 - Too big

Edit: Length-wise 10.5 is ideal, but it's the width that does me in sometimes.

Talk about a paradox. How can a shoe be simultaneously 28 and 27.5 cm long?

In all seriousness, I’m going to try to cop 9.5M on Sunday. For NTers who have copped both M and W equivalent sizes chime in.

The +1.5 has been orthodoxy, but I’m open minded 😂
I have other womens sized pairs (12w) that fit like all of my other normal 10.5m mens pairs so id say go for both versions to better your chances at getting.

I LOVED how the AM1 based swaps from the most recent GOVRN batch turned out, so I debating on these for the next batch:

Black/Grey Challenger OG
Challenger OG X Air Max 1 - Black Grey Toe.jpg

Laser Blue Challenger OG
Challenger OG X Air Max 1 - UNC Alt.jpg

Gatorade Waffle Trainer 2
Waffle Trainer 2 X Air Max 1 - Gatorade.jpg

Safari Internationalist
Internationalist X Air Max 1 - Safari Purple.jpg

The batch that I shipped out earlier in the week has four AM1-soled projects.

Last edited:
Still torn on what Big Bubble size to get between 10.5 and 11. I have most of my AM1s in 10.5 but they don't all feel the same. Curious for some POVs of people who have the Men's Big Bubble based on these:
2018 Atmos Animal 10.5 - Good with medium-thin socks
2018 White/Red Restock 10.5 - A bit tight
2021 CLOT Kiss of Death 10.5 - Good with thick socks, could probably do a 10
Noise Aqua Patta 10.5 - Good with medium-thin socks
Rush Maroon Patta 10.5 - A bit tight
Concepts Heavy 10.5 - Good
Grey/Blue Kasina 11 - Too big

Edit: Length-wise 10.5 is ideal, but it's the width that does me in sometimes.
Go with a 10.5 👍 width feels the same as all my other pairs. The top of the forefoot is slightly snugger that previous but that should break in with wear.

I LOVED how the AM1 based swaps from the most recent GOVRN batch turned out, so I debating on these for the next batch:

Black/Grey Challenger OG
Challenger OG X Air Max 1 - Black Grey Toe.jpg

Laser Blue Challenger OG
Challenger OG X Air Max 1 - UNC Alt.jpg

Gatorade Waffle Trainer 2
Waffle Trainer 2 X Air Max 1 - Gatorade.jpg

Safari Internationalist
Internationalist X Air Max 1 - Safari Purple.jpg

The batch that I shipped out earlier in the week has four AM1-soled projects.
Has anyone made an IRL custom of a Flyknit Racer upper with the AM1 sole? I remember years ago I saw a photoshop of it and I honestly thought they looked dope. I feel maybe GOVRN has but I haven't seen it

Womens shoes are made narrower which is why they recommend 1.5 size up for womens. But if you're comparing strictly length, its a 1 size difference.

Speaking of narrower, maybe I should get a womens pair so my AM1s arent looking like crocs in the toebox.
I thought it was only me. I’m definitely going to attemp a reshape

I’m 50 and remember my 8th grade teacher had these and just remembered looking at his feet everyday 😂 maybe that’s why I love these so much , nostalgia is a SOB
09062455-B093-4D02-84C3-95ECE2AA098D.jpeg

I’m 47 and my friend in 7th grade had a pair and I stared at them everyday in Social Studies.

The part where the bag and poly meet slowly disintegrated all year to the point that the airbag popped.

I’ve wanted a pair since 1987… that’s a long time.

Man, I always save laces and all the accessories that come with shoes, but I was in Brooklyn in 2017 so always threw out the boxes. I have one box from those days jumbled with all of the laces / stickers / hang tags. Jealous of you dudes with a separate room with stacks of boxes, that ish be $800 in extra rent in Fort Greene 😂
BK stand up!

Back
Top Bottom